Weekend Channel Cat Report - June 5

Fish em All

We fished two different Lake Erie tribs on the weekend for pre-spawn channel catfish. Water levels were much higher and muddier on sunday from the heavy thundershowers we had saturday. We covered a lot of water using slip-floats and bottom rigs, fishing them tight to under-cut banks and wood cover. Many of the cats were in the 10-14 lb range with a 17 lb monster the biggest fish of the weekend.
DSC06945.jpg

DSC06930.jpg

DSC06911.jpg

DSC06869.jpg

DSC06876.jpg

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Nice!!! I need to learn how to catch them big buggers I have absolutely no luck with them.

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove and Live Eye Jigs for their support

That 17lbder is a hawg.Nice pics also.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

I was out last Wednesday and Saturday as well. Lots of fish both days! I was by myself on my inflatble pontoon Wednesday and hooked into 20+ landing 15 or 16 in 3hrs, all 10-18lbs.

Saturday I converted a steelheading buddy to a summer fisherman. He wanted to strictly float fish so I spooled spooled up my Apex with 30lb braid and gave my 13' GLX 3 power quite a test! Hooked a pile of fish again all 10-17lbs. All fish were prespawn and mostly females. Most were taken on slip floats and a few on the bottom. Large uncooked Tiger shrimp and cut sucker were the offerings of choice. Didn't see anyone else fishing for them either day! Definitely an under utilized resource
Josh

Last edited:
Those are some butt ugly cat's foresure[:X]
Great fighters, nice fishing!!!!!

Brian (Legend Man)

For prime catfishing timing is everything. Late spring pre-spawn period usually late May through June depending on conditions. We have found that big chunks of fresh cut-bait are dynamite for monster cats! Channel cats pull hard, fight very well and are aggressive biters and we are surprised more people don't fish for them!

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks