UTRCA

fishemhard

Went out to Fanshawe and fished near the back of the lake yesterday from 10 til 4. Didn't even have a bite, talked to a few guys who had luck in the morning there, maybe out to wildwood later in the week.

Better luck next time

Fishemhard

Welcome fishemhard, Fanshawe Lake is a Tough Lake to Fish for Sure!!:mad: I got SKUNKED there also last week. :mad:I only fished for a couple of Hour`s.Many place`s to Hide for the Fish, they are there if you know where. I did see about 3 Red Ice Hut`s off the Main Public Beach yesterday morning, but I have no idea if anyone there caught Fish, TOO COLD to walk over to find out.Good Luck out at Wildwood Lake if you go, less water there to find them.;):)

Friday and Saturday look pretty good, warmer and less wind! I will be heading to wildwood one of the days. Like red hering said, fanshawe is tough!

Was my first time fishing Fanshawe, I talked to the guys that were in those red huts, they had luck, but only a few I guess, got some pointers from the security guy driving around, so better luck next time. May take the little one to pond mills for some sunfish in the mean time

Good Times

Fishemhard

What do you mean less water to find them at Wildwood compared to Fanshawe?
Wildwood is larger.

Fanshawe is a spill over dam, it never drops too much in the winter, in fact they hold back water quite often ......wildwood on the other hand draws near lake bottom and the lake is pretty well drained much of the winter limiting potential fish holding areas to the deepest water near the dam. This is unfortunate as the pike population gets raped there in the winter when the waters low:(

Josh

Everyone has their right to keep the enforced limit...HOWEVER, 100% agree with Josh. So many pike being kept out of wildwood, it is crazy for such a small lake.

Also very hard to repopulate when soo many boats and distractions happening in wildwood. Too bad really, I don't keep Em, but have got some nice pike out of wildwood in the past years with the boat

Woodsman as member Josh Roelofsen mentioned, Wildwood Lake is pretty well drained much of the Winter, the UTRCA usually start draining Wildwood Lake before Labour Day Weekend each year.:(:mad: for the Spring Flood Control. Yes in that case the Fishing should become easier due to the Fact that the water level in Wildwood Lake is much lower, therefore the fish congregate behind the Dam were it is the Deepest & the only place to go! Some Angler`s don`t like Pike because they eat the Perch, which they prefer over the Pike, but I mentioned this last year on stomp`s, that a Slot Size on Pike would Help limit the Harvest(RAPING) of the Pike, especially this time of year!! Practice Catch & Release! The Future of Fishing is in YOUR Hands!!;)

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about?
I guess I gained no knowledge as an employee of UTRCA & Lake Patrol Officer on Wildwood?
They may lower Wildwood a little more than Fanshawe but Wildwood starts with far more in the first place.
I guess no water leaves Fanshawe other than over the spillway? The hydroelectric intakes aprox. 30' below the spillway levels don't draw down any water i guess?
Glad the experts here enlightened me.
BTW: Far more options than near the Wildwood dam if you know the bottom contours of the reservoir. Just not as easy to get to.

For wildwood, there is a bathy map online that was just done in 2013. So anyone, essentially, could learn the contours of the lake bottom. Woodsman seems like he was offended by some peoples "knowledge". When you say wildwood is bigger, you mean surface area? There is no way wildwood had more water volume than fanshawe....

When you say wildwood is bigger, you mean surface area? There is no way wildwood had more water volume than fanshawe....
As for surface area yes it's almost 1/2 times larger. As for depth during normal operating depths Fanshawe is only slightly deeper at the deepest but the deeper water area's encompass more area on Wildwood.
Another thing all fish don't congregate in the deepest water so surface area does open up far more places.

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about?
I guess I gained no knowledge as an employee of UTRCA & Lake Patrol Officer on Wildwood?
They may lower Wildwood a little more than Fanshawe but Wildwood starts with far more in the first place.
I guess no water leaves Fanshawe other than over the spillway? The hydroelectric intakes aprox. 30' below the spillway levels don't draw down any water i guess?
Glad the experts here enlightened me.
BTW: Far more options than near the Wildwood dam if you know the bottom contours of the reservoir. Just not as easy to get to.[/quote
Wow!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks