Update for Humminbird

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anyone a pro at updating these things wanna come over and show me how it’s done?

Mine keeps freezing and what not assuming it needs an update since I have yet to update it.

Maybe YouTube can help
Meh I read the instructions I can do it
Just tedious if I get the model wrong and what not
That’s why I was asking for an experienced person to show me. Alll goood tho 👍

hay Derk not sure we’re your at. When I get back home I can help over phone. When I update my chip I just put it in laptop sign into hummingbird push update and it does it. I do mine every time I get notice from hummingbird.

@Derkd9... On my old Humminbird 788CI it was the same as @Filletshow1987 said. Not sure what model you have but I just put my empty SD card in my PC slot clicked on the update which loaded onto the card. Then put the SD card in the Humminbird which automatically uploaded the update from the card, done. You can always call Humminbird if you have a problem.

@Derkd9... On my old Humminbird 788CI it was the same as @Filletshow1987 said. Not sure what model you have but I just put my empty SD card in my PC slot clicked on the update which loaded onto the card. Then put the SD card in the Humminbird which automatically uploaded the update from the card, done. You can always call Humminbird if you have a problem.
I did my Helixs a year or so ago, and it was much of the same.

@Wave Runner @Wildfire

This is my problem
I don’t know which one of this is correct
I also need to update the base maps too I believe. Just too many options hahaha I know I have helix 5 that’s about all I know AB9C0CF2-E13F-42DF-8E6A-BC7E834DA950.png

You don't know which model you have? 🤭 Should have label on the unit somewhere with model number etc. 🙃
Yah says helix 5 hahahaha
I know it’s gps/sonar but there is 7 different options lol

Mine is built into the dash so I can’t see any spec plate to find out model numbers etc..

Maybe a stupid question…
Does the update delete saved way points hahahaha

Maybe a stupid question…
Does the update delete saved way points hahahaha

It didn't when I had a HB and it doesn't on my Simrad.

Back them up to a card if you are concerned, that way if they disappear, you can put them back in. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks