Update for Humminbird

Had my Lowrance updated and the guy that did it wiped out all my waypoints and I said what the ---k did you just do and he said there were no waypoint saved. I tore a little strip off him and went home and luckily I had all my waypoints on a handheld. This was done by a Lowrance Rep.

Had my Lowrance updated and the guy that did it wiped out all my waypoints and I said what the ---k did you just do and he said there were no waypoint saved. I tore a little strip off him and went home and luckily I had all my waypoints on a handheld. This was done by a Lowrance Rep.
scary!
I have most of my waypoints memorized as to approximately where they are... but no idea if they are.. or how to save them lol
I would just imagine that since they are there every time I turn the unit on that they are saved hahahah

I didn't lose any waypoints on the Helix.

@Derkd9 the thing I find a bit troubling is the fact that your Humminbird is unstable. This will not be caused by firmware. In fact if it's unstable during the update it could brick it.

Is it possible to check all electrical connections are good? A voltage reading with a multi meter with the 'bird powered on at the point where it splices into the boat's wiring might help a ton.

I didn't lose any waypoints on the Helix.

@Derkd9 the thing I find a bit troubling is the fact that your Humminbird is unstable. This will not be caused by firmware. In fact if it's unstable during the update it could brick it.

Is it possible to check all electrical connections are good? A voltage reading with a multi meter with the 'bird powered on at the point where it splices into the boat's wiring might help a ton.
Turns out you were right to be concerned about that as it glitched out when update was complete and now it won’t work at all Hahahaha
Figure I better laugh about it rather then get excited

It's not a setback. It's an opportunity for an upgrade.
I just don’t like how it’s built into the dash
I can’t just upgrade to a bigger model it won’t fit in the dash
Also can’t just go buy one and plug it in when it like this I have to pull the Damm dash apart.

Any suggestions?

It's not a setback. It's an opportunity for an upgrade.
Just talked to someone
Guess there is three year warranty on oem models so I might get that replaced or fixed.
But in the meantime I might go buy something better.
Just not sure where to mount it yet.
Where are yours mounted?

Just talked to someone
Guess there is three year warranty on oem models so I might get that replaced or fixed.
But in the meantime I might go buy something better.
Just not sure where to mount it yet.
Where are yours mounted?
I mounted mine on a Ram mount Derk, very strong.

PXL_20220615_120541156.jpg

Bob
where do you purchase those mounts? and are they designed for?
I bought that one on Amazon which is heavy duty. That's exactly what they are designed for to mount fish finders. Go to https://rammount.com/ and they make various versions for mounting in virtually any location on your boat where the location is most suitable for you.

I don’t have a great picture of mine, but this is what it looks like. Same thing, ram mount on the side of the console.1681495909034.jpeg

You know what’s funny though? I have a semi-decent photo on my phone of how your graph is installed…

1681496424344.jpeg

Is there one in your dash as well?? I wish I had a different dashboard.. I would prefer it mounted like that so I can take it in and out of the house when not in use
I don’t have a great picture of mine, but this is what it looks like. Same thing, ram mount on the side of the console.View attachment 72201

Nope. When I bought my boat it didn’t have a graph installed from the factory. I requested the dealer put them on ram mounts so I can take it inside when not in use, also makes the eventual upgrade really easy. Front one is on a ram mount too, I usually don’t even put it on for a trolling day but it is visible in the picture I posted.

Another advantage is I can mount it up high for easy viewing from the back when trolling.

@Derkd9... Hey Derk I don't know why but that Amazon link doesn't take you there. Just put Ram Mount RAM-D-111U-C heavy duty RAM Universal Marine Electronic Mount,Black in search on amazon.ca and it will come up along with other models. It's a little over-kill but I like over-kill. ;) It is a universal fit but they also make models to fit exact brands and models of fish finders.

@Derkd9... Hey Derk I don't know why but that Amazon link doesn't take you there. Just put Ram Mount RAM-D-111U-C heavy duty RAM Universal Marine Electronic Mount,Black in search on amazon.ca and it will come up along with other models. It's a little over-kill but I like over-kill. ;) It is a universal fit but they also make models to fit exact brands and models of fish finders.
Thanks
Thinking I’m going to buy an upgrade model and mount it with the ram mount
Not sure what to do with this broken one
I will take it out and send it in
But I need a totally different dash set up if I don’t stick it back in there

Thanks
Thinking I’m going to buy an upgrade model and mount it with the ram mount
Not sure what to do with this broken one
I will take it out and send it in
But I need a totally different dash set up if I don’t stick it back in there
Maybe you could have a cover plate made up out of aluminum or stainless to cover the dash mount hole or if they fix it, you can just put it back in and have 2 fish finders.

I actually want to add a cheaper one at the helm for mapping and keep my big one on sonar all the time.

So many more important things to spend money on though (also fishing related)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks