Toronto Fishing and Boat Show

DaveJ

I made the 2hr drive to the show yesterday at the International Center. Nice day for a drive. The show...kinda ho-hum. Just one room Boats around the walls, booths inside. Boats mostly aluminum 16-18' setups Not that many vendors..a few bigger stores, more small custom baits and mostly bass, musky. Only a few outfitters. No sales tax was the common deal. I did get a couple Okuma dipsie rods at a good price, a bunch of Bandits, some Walleye Nation Reapers, and some NKs...I love NKs. Saw Bob Izumi ding shake and howdies, then left. Smaller than I thought but still surrounded by FISHING!!!!
Ill go to the sportsman show in March--should be bigger.

That pretty much sums it up. Great tips for filleting Walleye/Pickerel.

It was a nice show - not sure it was worth the 4 hour round trip or not. Not many deals to be had as far as I could tell. Gas Money might have been better spent at my local tackle shop, but it was nice looking at all the fancy boats/rigs (not their price tags though).

It was a nice show - not sure it was worth the 4 hour round trip or not. Not many deals to be had as far as I could tell. Gas Money might have been better spent at my local tackle shop, but it was nice looking at all the fancy boats/rigs (not their price tags though).
I agree..I just needed to be somewhere surrounded by fishing!! The sportsman show is the same..not really looking for any major purchases, just like being there..

I was there Saturday. Smaller than the one in 2019 but I did buy a convector 30D reel and Okuma Lead core rod with Wire line. Also a Twinkie Rig I l lost last fall. The twinkie was $27 reg $37. Saved around $60 on the wire rod set up. in 2019 I seen the same 1875 Lund Tyee with 200hp Mercury listed for $67000. Same boat is listed for $87000. $20000 in 4 years is crazy. So glad I have a boat. Don't think I could afford one at these prices.

Ill go to the sportsman show in March--should be bigger
Hopefully for your sake if you go its bigger...I have my doubts. They burned a ton of vendors in 2020 (I got burned for almost 2500 and had just a small booth...couldn't imagine what the big booths lost!). Last year from what I heard from one buddy that took the reimbursement discount over x amount of years said he is cutting his losses. Its a shame, the show used to be amazing back in the hay day and was starting to get better once it moved out of downtown.

Hopefully for your sake if you go its bigger...I have my doubts. They burned a ton of vendors in 2020 (I got burned for almost 2500 and had just a small booth...couldn't imagine what the big booths lost!). Last year from what I heard from one buddy that took the reimbursement discount over x amount of years said he is cutting his losses. Its a shame, the show used to be amazing back in the hay day and was starting to get better once it moved out of downtown.
I was thinking of going to this show @RyTek Marine but after reading this, I am reconsidering on not going,and it’s too bad that the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show has gone that way,because it was always a great time there.

I was thinking of going to this show @RyTek Marine but after reading this, I am reconsidering on not going,and it’s too bad that the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show has gone that way,because it was always a great time there.
I have gone to the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show for many,many year’s,when it was back then at the Exhibition Centre near Union Station in Toronto,and eventually this Show moved to the International Centre. One of my fondest memories and the last Toronto Sportsmen’s Show it turns out to be unfortunately because of the start of the pandemic shortly afterwards was,getting an invite from @stomp, and also having the pleasure of going with @Three Bouys and meeting @Mickey Finn for the first time as well,and the all of us going there together. While we were all at the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show that day,we listened in at a Musky Seminar,and also meeting up with “Big” Jim McLaughlin at one of his fishing seminars afterwards as well,and he is also the Publisher of the,Just Fishing magazine, which is free and a very informative fishing magazine! 👍👍 I had “Big” Jim McLaughlin sign one of my Lund hat that I was wearing for that day at the Show,and again,what a great Toronto Sportsmen’s Show it was back then! I would do it again even though this Show for what i
I have been hearing & reading is supposedly now much smaller. I still owe those 3 fellows a lunch or dinner,whatever they prefer,for inviting me out to join them at the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show that day. Hint! Hint! 😉😉😉 👍👍🙂

Attachments

• 464C2564-93B7-4C0E-8F0A-081ABD47D5C8.jpeg
    464C2564-93B7-4C0E-8F0A-081ABD47D5C8.jpeg
    552 KB · Views: 16
  • 7A71A2C9-EFC4-4DCC-946E-ACEC019522F2.jpeg
    7A71A2C9-EFC4-4DCC-946E-ACEC019522F2.jpeg
    395.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I went to the Niagara Fishing show instead, lots of good seminars on Salmon fishing. The whole show was very much Salmon focused. I made contact with a few suppliers I have been meaning to connect with, so it was worth the trip.

I have gone to the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show for many,many year’s,when it was back then at the Exhibition Centre near Union Station in Toronto,and eventually this Show moved to the International Centre. One of my fondest memories and the last Toronto Sportsmen’s Show it turns out to be unfortunately because of the start of the pandemic shortly afterwards was,getting an invite from @stomp, and also having the pleasure of going with @Three Bouys and meeting @Mickey Finn for the first time as well,and the all of us going there together. While we were all at the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show that day,we listened in at a Musky Seminar,and also meeting up with “Big” Jim McLaughlin at one of his fishing seminars afterwards as well,and he is also the Publisher of the,Just Fishing magazine, which is free and a very informative fishing magazine! 👍👍 I had “Big” Jim McLaughlin sign one of my Lund hat that I was wearing for that day at the Show,and again,what a great Toronto Sportsmen’s Show it was back then! I would do it again even though this Show for what i
I have been hearing & reading is supposedly now much smaller. I still owe those 3 fellows a lunch or dinner,whatever they prefer,for inviting me out to join them at the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show that day. Hint! Hint! 😉😉😉 👍👍🙂
That was a great year Red Hering and to finally meet Wave Runner and Extra Virgin also
It was a great show until I meet up with the owners that has the remote fly in fishing lodge.
Being only retired for 1 month and was asked if I wanted to go up to the lodge to help Gary. I didn’t hesitate to answer that question and after doing 2 seasons up there it was time to stop going. Being away from family and friends for 7 & 8 weeks makes you wonder about your family. Then Covid struck us the following year and it changed everyone’s life.

But you forgot to mention about our Indian cuisine dinner that stomp had arranged🔥🔥🥵🥵

That was a great year Red Hering and to finally meet Wave Runner and Extra Virgin also
It was a great show until I meet up with the owners that has the remote fly in fishing lodge.
Being only retired for 1 month and was asked if I wanted to go up to the lodge to help Gary. I didn’t hesitate to answer that question and after doing 2 seasons up there it was time to stop going. Being away from family and friends for 7 & 8 weeks makes you wonder about your family. Then Covid struck us the following year and it changed everyone’s life.

But you forgot to mention about our Indian cuisine dinner that stomp had arranged🔥🔥🥵🥵
@Three Bouys it was definitely a great year all around,and yes,that Indian cuisine dinner was definitely “HOT!!” 🌶️🌶️ 🔥 🔥🥵🥵 and @stomp knows where to go!! lol 😆 😉 My wife and I have been back there now a few times over the year’s when we pass through Woodstock,and last year we stopped in at the Tandoori Knight restaurant,after the Embro Highland Games. Two “thumbs up” for sure to the Tandoori Knight Restaurant. 😋 👍👍🙂 My wife and I drove up to Woodstock with @Wave Runner that day to the Indian restaurant,and it was my first time that I had met @Extra Virgin ,and we have been fishing together here & there ever since. Well, I am still trying to decide whether to go or not to the Toronto Sportsmen’s Show in March,and I will have to wait and see. Tight lines & Fish ON!!
🚤🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 8256EF39-F02D-464E-9484-8B991E581A5E.jpeg
    8256EF39-F02D-464E-9484-8B991E581A5E.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 26
  • 9DD7C735-5313-4D9C-A1B6-288FBF126F4F.jpeg
    9DD7C735-5313-4D9C-A1B6-288FBF126F4F.jpeg
    360.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Ya Jim the Indian dinner @stomp was kind enough to treat us to turned out pretty good. 😋 I was expecting to have to go to emergency afterwards to be treated for first degree burns to the throat but was pleasantly surprised. I only got third degree burn. 😜
Although I didn't try that hot chicken 🌶️:chicken: you ordered where the plate was melting into the tabletop. 🥵
Thanks, for warning me beforehand Bob that it's even too hot for you to get down without a lot of pain. 👍😁

I tried Jim's spicy vindaloo, and didn't 💩 myself at the Angling Outfitters electronics seminar. So it was win for everyone who attended 👍
Definitely 👍 a Win! Win! for everyone that attended @Extra Virgin and thank
goodness 😅 because of the septic toilet system,that at Angling Outfitters have there. Also,Joselyn seminars can be quite lengthy!! 😬😉👍🙂

The muskies Canada booth was cool. Very informed people at the booth. I learned a lot.

The second best booth was the dude selling BB guns and pellet rifles.

Everything else could be seen and Canadian tire and no entrance fee.

Won’t be back

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks