Toronto Fishing and Boat Show

Let alone @Ticker for us angler’s to have an electric truck 🛻 to pull that boat 🛥️ out of the lake!! 😳 Oh!! Don’t back in too far,or the electric battery in front of the back bumper will get submerged & short out!! 😱😉👍👍🙂
Apparently, that's not a problem or so they say anyway. 😬 :unsure:

What happens if electric car gets submerged in water?

Hybrid, electric, and fuel cell vehicles are designed to be safe in water, even when fully submerged. The High Voltage (HV) system is isolated from the chassis and is designed to NOT pose a shock and NOT energize the surrounding water. This rating also means that the electric car can wade through about 3 ft of water for 30 minutes without the risk of leakage into the electric components of the car like battery terminals and high voltage components.

Apparently, that's not a problem or so they say anyway. 😬 :unsure:

What happens if electric car gets submerged in water?

Hybrid, electric, and fuel cell vehicles are designed to be safe in water, even when fully submerged. The High Voltage (HV) system is isolated from the chassis and is designed to NOT pose a shock and NOT energize the surrounding water. This rating also means that the electric car can wade through about 3 ft of water for 30 minutes without the risk of leakage into the electric components of the car like battery terminals and high voltage components.
Well @Wave Runner we had a joke about waterproof watches that were rated for 100 foot
But not vertically rather horizontally, I would hate to find out its applying to the vehicle battery 🙄

Well @Wave Runner we had a joke about waterproof watches that were rated for 100 foot
But not vertically rather horizontally, I would hate to find out its applying to the vehicle battery 🙄
Like a lot of things Frank, what actually is and what they say often are 2 different things. One thing that is a big problem is they get on fire sometimes and are almost impossible to get out. Being out in the lake in an electric boat would be terrifying if this happened.

Like a lot of things Frank, what actually is and what they say often are 2 different things. One thing that is a big problem is they get on fire sometimes and are almost impossible to get out. Being out in the lake in an electric boat would be terrifying if this happened.

Yup
But at least you will have a endless supply of water 🙄
Sorry @Wave Runner I'm in a dry humor mood today , 🤷‍♂️

They are electrical engineers not boat engineers, so get aboard let’s we’re going for the week. Oh just found out no power at the marina for another year OR TWO. Now get that damn thing in the water and get the oars out. lol ….

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks