Fishing Report Tomorrow afternoon

Think I’m going to pass for today 😔
Maybe I’ll go buy a spoon or something to make me feel better
I did that yesterday. (2 dipsy a Great lakes spoon and a Snubber).Was at Angling Outfitters for 9 because I called Lambeth Rod and Tackle and he didn't have any dipsy. But Angling did. Talking to some kids from Wellesley that had already paid there ramp fee at Bruce and we're heading to Lake Ontario. He now has the port Stanley weather buoy on his phone. Cause there were some big ass waves Monday our there.

Lines in 1 pm, late start... 3:45pm northeast wind kicks in and we packed our stuff and ran away... with 10 walleyes, 4 really big like cooler size I am guessing 2.5-3kg, 5 drums, 2 silver bass. .y buddy said drums are underappreciated and he will make something from the... 🤮🤮🤮

Attachments

• 20210831_190535.jpg
    20210831_190535.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 12
Is it just me or we had a helluva lot more north and northeast winds this summer? Do any of you guys keep stats on that sort of thin? Iknow the saying here is "East is least", but I have done alright during bouts of east wind - as long as it's not too powerful. "Size matters" as they say.

Is it just me or we had a helluva lot more north and northeast winds this summer? Do any of you guys keep stats on that sort of thin? Iknow the saying here is "East is least", but I have done alright during bouts of east wind - as long as it's not too powerful. "Size matters" as they say.
I don't loose my appetite when there is a east wind and I dont see why the fish or animals would either. fishing easterly winds is a go in my books too.

Maybe the forecast was wrong
But the weather buoy is data collected at the buoy so it can’t be “wrong”
It can be kinda weird at times though. Back in July one Saturday we went out of Burwell with the bouy at Stanley reading 1.0ft on 3 sec. period with SW wind, which I interpreted as a 2’ chop and were greeted by 3 to 5 foot cresting rollers. We went out for a bit anyway but had a couple friends that quickly began chumming….🤮

It can be kinda weird at times though. Back in July one Saturday we went out of Burwell with the bouy at Stanley reading 1.0ft on 3 sec. period with SW wind, which I interpreted as a 2’ chop and were greeted by 3 to 5 foot cresting rollers. We went out for a bit anyway but had a couple friends that quickly began chumming….🤮
I think that can make sense tho.. Burwell is a number of miles east of Stanley and with sw winds the waves only have the opportunity to get bigger as they get closer to Burwell..
also if the wind speed is strong near Burwell there is even more energy to produce larger waves?
Maybe if you were closer to the buoy then you would see the smaller waves

Also buoy data is average data collected over an hour.. and then you don’t see it on the website until about 20min after that data
So data you see is old data

I always interpret that data as tho it’s old data and look at wind speed and determine if the wind has gone up or down since the reading and guess if they are getting bigger or smaller.

If I see average reading of 1.6ft I interpret that as 3ft waves and assume there is bigger ones in the mix since that reading is an average

This is another reason why I like fishing out of Stanley nice and close to the buoy. So a little less guess work in what I’m Going to be getting into. On top of the launch being right on the lake and my mom docking there.. and close drive to my home

So new guy questions here…. Why do we double the height of the waves stated on buoy and do we do the same for the apps?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks