The Thames River Walleye’s “Eluded” me again!! 🎣🐟😒😉👍🙂

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I hiked in for a couple of kilometres yesterday,(March 2/22),to one of my favourite fishing hole’s,that I personally named the “deer 🦌 stand hole,” due to a deer hunters deer stand,(first photo),being erected there by that area of the thames river that I like to fish,especially for walleye’s. Well,no walleye’s or even carp were willing to do battle 🎣 with me yesterday,after me trying for a couple of hour’s of fishing 🎣, tossing every twister tail colour that I had brought with me. I realize that the “walleye run” is still quite early yet on the thames river,because the water temperature is still quite cold 🥶 yet at around 38 degrees fahrenheit,(4 degrees celcius). The walleye’s like to spawn in somewhere around the early & mid 40ths degree fahrenheit,and we need longer warmer sunnier day’s to warm up the river’s first where they like to spawn before that happens.I ended up seeing a bald eagle 🦅 and a tundra 🦢 swan while I was river fishing,and sorry,no photo’s of the wildlife this time,because they were too far away. All in all another fantastic day of hiking & fishing & perhaps my first walleye will be caught on my next walleye fishing trip out,likely coming up soon. Be safe & tight lines to All!! 🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• 4BF0761D-7CC6-4AE2-A492-C9AB7BBD0FC2.jpeg
    4BF0761D-7CC6-4AE2-A492-C9AB7BBD0FC2.jpeg
    494 KB · Views: 103
  • 6C1368B5-FAC5-4F47-9902-1957F9D56F68.jpeg
    6C1368B5-FAC5-4F47-9902-1957F9D56F68.jpeg
    761.5 KB · Views: 95
  • 46CAB082-71BD-4B47-B0B2-762FF5085573.jpeg
    46CAB082-71BD-4B47-B0B2-762FF5085573.jpeg
    667.6 KB · Views: 88
  • FE825C55-FEF8-4A66-9109-85244054B285.jpeg
    FE825C55-FEF8-4A66-9109-85244054B285.jpeg
    358.7 KB · Views: 103
Darn! I was planning a Thames trip today - I was procrastinating cause of the air temps.

I'm going for a drive anyway and I'll do a few tosses into the drink. It'll be exercise anyway.

WR
I would go anyways for sure @wildeye rainbow 👍👍😉 just because the @Red Hering didn’t catch any walleye’s,😒 it doesn’t mean that you won’t!! 😉 Tight lines & walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

I would go anyways for sure @wildeye rainbow 👍👍😉 just because the @Red Hering didn’t catch any walleye’s,😒 it doesn’t mean that you won’t!! 😉 Tight lines & walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂
I did make it down for a few casts in the Komoka/Delaware area. El Skunko for me but I did see one guy further downstream get a 17" jack. So they're around,...., just not around my jigs. Beautiful day though - wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be.

Next time mr wally, next tiime!

WR

I did make it down for a few casts in the Komoka/Delaware area. El Skunko for me but I did see one guy further downstream get a 17" jack. So they're around,...., just not around my jigs. Beautiful day though - wasn't as cold as I thought it was going to be.

Next time mr wally, next tiime!

WR
Glad that you made it out @wildeye rainbow and it definitely was a beautiful day today indeed to be especially fishing for you at least. I didn’t walleye fish today,but I will be fishing somewhere tomorrow. Tight lines & walleye’s on for us one day soon!! 🤞🤞🎣🐟🐟😉👍🙂

I hiked in for a couple of kilometres yesterday,(March 2/22),to one of my favourite fishing hole’s,that I personally named the “deer 🦌 stand hole,” due to a deer hunters deer stand,(first photo),being erected there by that area of the thames river that I like to fish,especially for walleye’s. Well,no walleye’s or even carp were willing to do battle 🎣 with me yesterday,after me trying for a couple of hour’s of fishing 🎣, tossing every twister tail colour that I had brought with me. I realize that the “walleye run” is still quite early yet on the thames river,because the water temperature is still quite cold 🥶 yet at around 38 degrees fahrenheit,(4 degrees celcius). The walleye’s like to spawn in somewhere around the early & mid 40ths degree fahrenheit,and we need longer warmer sunnier day’s to warm up the river’s first where they like to spawn before that happens.I ended up seeing a bald eagle 🦅 and a tundra 🦢 swan while I was river fishing,and sorry,no photo’s of the wildlife this time,because they were too far away. All in all another fantastic day of hiking & fishing & perhaps my first walleye will be caught on my next walleye fishing trip out,likely coming up soon. Be safe & tight lines to All!! 🎣🐟👍🙂
"I hiked in for a couple of kilometres yesterday" ...Geez Red , What are you taking for vitamin supplements, must be the fresh air away from the maddening crowds. Envy you for your wise escapes. BTW....nice scenic river shots. @Huron.

Last edited:
The run really doesn't get up to delaware till last few days of march,then good first three weeks of April.then there gone back to lake.the fish in the river now almost all would be river fish that stay in Thames year round.

The run really doesn't get up to delaware till last few days of march,then good first three weeks of April.then there gone back to lake.the fish in the river now almost all would be river fish that stay in Thames year round.
Exactly & very true @dave w 👍👍🙂 Fishing is my only,”true passion” and it also gets me away from the “honey do” list!! lol 😆 Therefore I will walleye fish,etc., whenever possible,and basically just to get outdoor’s!! lol 😂 Once the walleye season opens up again this side of the Kiel Bridge in Chatham in the middle of May,there is still some good walleye fishing around still from the spring walleye run. I have caught them some year’s till the end of May & sometimes into June,depending on how fast the water temperature in the thames river rises.Once the thames river gets too warm,most walleye’s will drop back down to Lake St.Clair & Lake Erie,etc. Then I will catch them out of my boat somewhere on Lake Erie. 🚤🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍😆

Attachments

• 7DDD09A7-74F5-4C20-AA2A-28C7C3B74169.jpeg
    7DDD09A7-74F5-4C20-AA2A-28C7C3B74169.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 8B655396-5BC1-4521-97ED-C558D9DF7D40.jpeg
    8B655396-5BC1-4521-97ED-C558D9DF7D40.jpeg
    363.8 KB · Views: 19
"I hiked in for a couple of kilometres yesterday" ...Geez Red , What are you taking for vitamin supplements, must be the fresh air away from the maddening crowds. Envy you for your wise escapes. BTW....nice scenic river shots. @Huron.
Thanks @Huron for your remark’s & liking my photo’s. 👍👍 and no vitamin supplements for the @Red Hering that I use. lol 😂 🤣 Definitely the fresh air & also getting away from the city to get away from the maddening crowds,which you had mentioned,to go on long kilometres to get to my fishing spot’s,wether it is for walleye’s or rainbow’s,etc. I get my Vitamin D the natural way by being outdoors as much as possible. Today, I did a extremely long hike on long point bay to do some ice fishing. My ice fishing post I will put on @stomp tomorrow,(too tired right now),with lot’s of photo’s as well. All the best my friend @Huron 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Where is good spot to get some eyes thinking of going there to try in next week never been there before

Where is good spot to get some eyes thinking of going there to try in next week never been there before
@I hunter the thames river is “flying very high!!” at this moment from the recent rain & melting snow,I am thinking with very slippery riverbanks as well!! 👎👎 I haven’t been out thames river walleye fishing since March 2/22,(when the thames river was much lower),and I will now wait till the thames river drops back down again,for “safe” riverbank walleye fishing conditions. @I hunter local fishing store’s where I like to go to,such as Angling Sports,Lambeth Rod & Tackle & Jack’s Live Bait,will be more than happy to give you “updated” thames river walleye fishing information,(tackle tip’s),& walleye area’s on where to fish on the thames river,& be safe & tight lines & walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks