Tardy Walleye

dawson29

Hi all just wondering if anybody is catching any late walleye through the ice recently. Thames.. Sydenham Maybe?(y)

Not me,dawson29.I am still trying to get my first Perch through the Ice on Long Point Bay.:oops: Mind you though, I only fished for 3 hour`s on the Bay last Tuesday Feb.11/14,so it wasn`t really giving it a Fair Go on the Bay that Day. Walleye through the Ice, I haven`t heard anyone Catching a Walleye yet, this year, but I will post if I hear anything. Maybe also try calling some local Tackle Store`s in London & area, like Jack`s Live Bait( Delaware ),@ 519-652-9237 or Lambeth Rod & Tackle @ 519-652-5598 They might be able to give you some information on where to Try. Good Luck!

Hey @dawson29 , we fished Thames yesterday (close to the mouth) from dawn till dusk and my buddy put 1 about 3 lbs on the ice around 1 pm that was it for the day ! We try a couple different spots and the bite was slow yesterday but still was a nice sunny day on the ice with a couple buddies for good company !....................apps

giller,or other Member`s on stomp`s,would you know that at Prairie Siding if there is still a Bait Shop & Restaurant there right near the Railroad Track`s. Just wondering, I haven`t Ice fished the Thames River there for many year`s, due to the Mild Winter`s that we had the past year`s. Thank`s In Advance.

@Red Hering , nearest bait that I know of is in Michelle's Bay , we got ours at the store $4 a dozen or you can go to Dennis @ Bass Haven that's all I know for bait in the area Red ................apps

Thank-You @ apps. about the Info about Bait Dealer`s in that area, much appreciated. Also, Good Question, @fish 17 (What end of the Lake?) I was out on Fanshawe Lake Today, and I had no Luck on either Walleye or Perch. I even had Live Minnow`s for Bait. Like I said in one of my previous Post, Fanshawe Lake is Huge & there is lots of water for them to swim in & hide! Good Luck to anyone Fishing this Lake!

This has been an excellent year on the Thames down towards Chatham. That said, it's hit and miss. Your either on a school or not. Unless you have good intel or fish them daily it's a never a guarantee.....the GF got the only 2 I saw last Sunday....I managed to lose one and land a sucker:confused:

Josh

Last edited:
Been doing alright out at Fanshawe, but very hit and miss days. Seems the fish are finicky out there this year.

what about the grand above the dam at dunnville? used to fish that years ago with some luck never hear any reports about that for walleye. might have to be on my to do list when i get home from this god awfull mexican heat :p on thursday thank god 6 weeks of this god forsaken place is almost over

Josh, good looking Walleye`s that your GF Caught,and Congratulations to Her!! They sure are Beauty`s!!;) It sounds like the same area that I used to Fish for them back in the Day`s(20 year`s ago),and the usual type trip`s even back then, here Today & Gone tomorrow!! Fishing them Daily will Help for sure, to follow their Migration upriver. Good Luck to you & your GF the rest of the Season. Thanks for Sharing,& of course a photo of the Lure she used to Catch them On!!:)

Right on thanks for all the feed back guys. Wont be long now and we can catch em in the open water:)

Hey @dawson29 , we fished Thames yesterday (close to the mouth) from dawn till dusk and my buddy put 1 about 3 lbs on the ice around 1 pm that was it for the day ! We try a couple different spots and the bite was slow yesterday but still was a nice sunny day on the ice with a couple buddies for good company !....................apps
-hey apps how r you?-going to try harbour this week,I am back into retirement again-lol

what about the grand above the dam at dunnville? used to fish that years ago with some luck never hear any reports about that for walleye. might have to be on my to do list when i get home from this god awfull mexican heat :p on thursday thank god 6 weeks of this god forsaken place is almost over

Work is work no matter what the temps are. I wouldn't be too much of a hurry back, a resort for a few weeks on dry land would be nice.
We're still buried out here on the lakeshore. A home of a customer of my wife burned to the ground on Sutherland St. in Caledonia this week. He was trying to thaw lines with a paint stripper heat gun. Lost 2 pups in the fire. Family safe but the place and everything in it is gone. They never had a frozen line since they have been there. Sad.

No one is catching anything on the Grand, anywhere. They all have lockjaw it seems this year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks