Sunday May 19th 2013

Niagara Baits

Site Sponsor
Weather is great down here in Port Bruce!! Lake is calm, perch are being caught and we have LOTS of minnows! Where you at on this gorgeous day?? Head on down to see Greg on the Launch Ramp :)

Cant make it today Sam cause I have to get as much of the basement reno done so we can go tomorrow!:( Will be there in the morning for sure though:p Better be just as nice tomorrow!!;)

Weather is great down here in Port Bruce!! Lake is calm, perch are being caught and we have LOTS of minnows! Where you at on this gorgeous day?? Head on down to see Greg on the Launch Ramp :)
You are right Greg and Sam it was a great day down their today.

See you in the morning Greg. It will be my first time in Port Bruce so I might have a couple questions for you!!!

John after a looong day in the sun punctuated by a short nap in the coolness of the rec room midafternoon, I started cleaning fish around suppertime and used a bag of club house beer batter mix following the directions. That mix has been taking up space in the pantry since last year so I wanted it gone.I added about 4 tbsp of pancake mix and a little more beer as I didn't think I had enough to do all the fish. It came out great. I was a restaurant manager for years in the past and at Casey's back in the '80s we used to use the following recipe - it was just as good and easier/cheaper :
1 cup flour
1 egg
1 beer

then just add more flour or beer till the batter just sticks and does not run off.
I used just regular vegetable oil and of course make sure its nice & hot . We usually do a few spuds first but just had broccoli slaw last night to keep it somewhat healthy (ish).

Bill

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks