St Williams

skippy

does anybody know if there are minnows available?

Buddy lives in Jarvis, hoping he's going to take a drive today to Williams and check it out. "HINT" "HINT";):LOL::LOL:
Hope he's reading this thread.:LOL::LOL:

Reactions: Jay
I'll be watching for him and how long it takes to drill holes

This pict. from other thread, the dark line, shows the last water to freeze which runs back towards the light house at St. Williams.

Just talked to my buddy, he went yesterday 12 noon to check ice conditions. He walked out a little from shore at St. Williams close to the light house, he said someone had augured a hole it had 3"s.
Were thinking of going tomorrow, must have made a few more inches over last night, plus today. I'll take the camera and take a few pictures if I go.

IMG_1862.JPG IMG_2188.JPG
Just talked to my buddy, he went yesterday 12 noon to check ice conditions. He walked out a little from shore at St. Williams close to the light house, he said someone had augured a hole it had 3"s.
Were thinking of going tomorrow, must have made a few more inches over last night, plus today. I'll take the camera and take a few pictures if I go.
A photo(above) from Long Point Bay,from March 11,2015,when the Ice was Thick!! It will take awhile to get the ice that thick again,BUT:Good Luck!! BE SAFE!! & leave me some Perch!! if you do go tomorrow.(y)

Last edited:
Was wondering if there is any walkable ice down at st Williams? Was debating on walking out tomorrow with a spud before we get this warm weather and all our ice is gone again. Any info would be appreciated thanks.

Was wondering if there is any walkable ice down at st Williams? Was debating on walking out tomorrow with a spud before we get this warm weather and all our ice is gone again. Any info would be appreciated thanks.
2 other buds and myself are going tomorrow, going to be windy and might be to windy. I'll have my spud pulling my hut.

I hear ya south west at 45km is a bit windy. I won't be able to make it down till about 9 as I work midnights but I might see ya out there. I have the red Eskimo flipmo inferno 2. Good luck

Fish farmer what time will you guys be down there? My buddy bailed on me and don't really want to walk out alone as it is first ice. I do have all the gear hut,heater,auger,SPUD, and rods even a extra seat in the hut if anyone is willing to take the hike. Just don't want to be the only guy heading out there and I have to drive an hour. A estimated time you would be down there would be great.

Fish farmer what time will you guys be down there? My buddy bailed on me and don't really want to walk out alone as it is first ice. I do have all the gear hut,heater,auger,SPUD, and rods even a extra seat in the hut if anyone is willing to take the hike. Just don't want to be the only guy heading out there and I have to drive an hour. A estimated time you would be down there would be great.
I'm leaving Hamilton around 6 am. I figure I should be there around 730 - 8 am. stopping at Timmys in between.:)
I'll have a black heavy coat on my other buddy's have a red suit.
I don't think many will be out, you're more than welcome to follow us out.

Last edited:
Went out to check ice conditions at st Williams today and it's not good. Only found 3" at best 2" in others. Water clarity was very good but we will have to wait for some more cold weather after we get all this rain to get to the fish. Hopefully the ice we have holds up to these warm temps coming and we can get out after those perch. Was nice to meet fish farmer today it's just to bad we couldn't get out to the fish. So for now I would stay clear of the ice till we get some cold weather.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks