Off Topic Solar Eclipse Report Long Point April 8th

The eclipse after party at @Three Bouys cottage was also memorable. While hundreds of cars were lined up on Erie Blvd. , Jim served refreshments and deep fried some walleye, perch and fries.
IMG_2627.jpeg
We finished the meal with Mrs. Stomp’s carrot cake. By that time, the traffic jam was over and it was a straight shot home to Londontown.

Last edited:
The eclipse after party at @Three Bouys cottage was also memorable. While hundreds of cars were lined up on Erie Blvd. , Jim served refreshments and deep fried some walleye, perch and fries.
View attachment 85664
We finished the meal with Mrs. Stomp’s carrot cake. By that time, the traffic jam over and it was a straight shot home to Londontown.

Now I've got ask, what is Mrs. Stomp's coating on the fish? Looks light and tasty.

my house was just outside the totality path
So I drove 15min to my friend's field
Traffic was stupid to get home from there even lol
I left my parents place 10 minutes after totality ended and thought going up Wonderland to the 401 was a good idea. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had that idea. Didn't look so bad when I got to HWY 3 and Ford Rd. I was only 18th in line to get through that intersection and most people I saw were NOT turning onto Wonderland. I thought "oh this was a much better idea than going Wellington back to London." YEAH SURE IT WAS.

When I got onto Wonderland there were 7 cars and a tractor trailer ahead of me. No big deal, especially after the truck turned off onto another side road. Then when I got to Orr Drive, BIG line up. I forgot about that damn intersection at Wonderland and Glanworth Drive. When I finally got to it, traffic was backed up from the 401 to where ever the last car behind me was. So, I turned left and headed west on Glanworth Dr knowing I'd get to that light just north of the 401 on Col Talbot. THAT was a good idea. No problem getting onto the 401 eastbound from there but Col Talbot north bound was a nightmare. Glad I was goin da other way. When I got to Wonderland and the 401 I saw that the intersection of Manning Dr and Wonderland at the 401 was a nightmare too. Cars as far as you could see on both Manning and Wonderland all heading back to London.

I left my parents place 10 minutes after totality ended and thought going up Wonderland to the 401 was a good idea. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had that idea. Didn't look so bad when I got to HWY 3 and Ford Rd. I was only 18th in line to get through that intersection and most people I saw were NOT turning onto Wonderland. I thought "oh this was a much better idea than going Wellington back to London." YEAH SURE IT WAS.

When I got onto Wonderland there were 7 cars and a tractor trailer ahead of me. No big deal, especially after the truck turned off onto another side road. Then when I got to Orr Drive, BIG line up. I forgot about that damn intersection at Wonderland and Glanworth Drive. When I finally got to it, traffic was backed up from the 401 to where ever the last car behind me was. So, I turned left and headed west on Glanworth Dr knowing I'd get to that light just north of the 401 on Col Talbot. THAT was a good idea. No problem getting onto the 401 eastbound from there but Col Talbot north bound was a nightmare. Glad I was goin da other way. When I got to Wonderland and the 401 I saw that the intersection of Manning Dr and Wonderland at the 401 was a nightmare too. Cars as far as you could see on both Manning and Wonderland all heading back to London.
Wild!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks