Simcoe Perch Report Tues.

Fish Farmer

Buddy and myself decided a trip to Beaverton was in order. It was none stop.
I got my limit with 1 Herring, My buddy was more selective, keep 24 of his bigger Perch.
Was nice having a fresh Perch supper last night.
Only work I had was that 3 hour drive home going threw TO. Toronto takes the enjoyment out of a trip.
IMG_6553.JPG

Nice lookin catch. :)

Next time you go up that-a-way, instead of going through Toronto, get off the 401 at HWY 25 N in Milton. It'll take you through Acton. Stay on that until you come to HWY 124. There's a set of lights there, turn RIGHT and it'll take you through Erin. When you get to the lights at Caledon (HWY 10) turn left (North on 10) and that'll take you into Orangeville. Take the HWY 9 turn off east and stay on that until you reach HWY 38 on the west side of Newmarket. Turn LEFT on 38 and stay on it until you get to MILLERS SIDE ROAD (hwy19.) Turn Right on that and it takes you east again around most of Newmarket and just stay on that until you come to Woodbine Ave (just past the 404) Turn left on Woodbine and then take the Right at the lights at Mt Albert Rd (hwy 13) and stay on that until you get to HWY 48 then turn left onto 48 and head north again.

I used to go to Beaverton to do a pickup when I was driving truck and going the way I suggested I found, is a little quicker, because you don't have to deal with ANY Toronto traffic.

Buddy and myself decided a trip to Beaverton was in order. It was none stop.
I got my limit with 1 Herring, My buddy was more selective, keep 24 of his bigger Perch.
Was nice having a fresh Perch supper last night.
Only work I had was that 3 hour drive home going threw TO. Toronto takes the enjoyment out of a trip.
View attachment 84346
Nice catch there @Fish Farmer ๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ !! ๐Ÿ‘ I was wondering on how the 1 herring tasted,if you did get a chance to eat it yet? Asking for a friendโ€ฆ.. @Red Hering ๐Ÿ˜— lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰ Enjoy your perch fry to you both!! ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

If you take that route TrevorM posted, (which is very good) from HWY124 don't turn left on HWY 10 in Caledon, Continue straight for about 5 miles,, you'll come to Airport road and after turning left and going about 2 miles you'll turn right on Hwy 9 in Mono Mills at the lights. This avoids Orangeville and HWY10 traffic all together. I drive this route a lot when going to Simcoe or other places off HWY 400/11

407ETR. Milton bottleneck is fixed as of last year...smooth sailing.

Thats a damn fine mess of perch!!

If you take that route TrevorM posted, (which is very good) from HWY124 don't turn left on HWY 10 in Caledon, Continue straight for about 5 miles,, you'll come to Airport road and after turning left and going about 2 miles you'll turn right on Hwy 9 in Mono Mills at the lights. This avoids Orangeville and HWY10 traffic all together. I drive this route a lot when going to Simcoe or other places off HWY 400/11
I forgot about that going straight at those lights in Caledon instead of turning on to hwy 10. It's been a while since I've been up that way ;)

I was thinking about going to Simcoe with the colder weather here. Did you use an outfitter?
Itโ€™s tempting @DaveJ for anyone to go perch fishing to Beaverton,after seeing @Fish Farmer ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ perch/herring fishing report! ๐Ÿ‘ The ice fishing season whatโ€™s left of it is melting away fast!! Be Safe! & Tight lines & Perch ON!! if you do go to Beaverton for some perch fishing. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

That is my route of choice as well, been using that route for years anytime I am heading north for deliveries. Definitely the better route imo

Nice lookin catch. :)

Next time you go up that-a-way, instead of going through Toronto, get off the 401 at HWY 25 N in Milton. It'll take you through Acton. Stay on that until you come to HWY 124. There's a set of lights there, turn RIGHT and it'll take you through Erin. When you get to the lights at Caledon (HWY 10) turn left (North on 10) and that'll take you into Orangeville. Take the HWY 9 turn off east and stay on that until you reach HWY 38 on the west side of Newmarket. Turn LEFT on 38 and stay on it until you get to MILLERS SIDE ROAD (hwy19.) Turn Right on that and it takes you east again around most of Newmarket and just stay on that until you come to Woodbine Ave (just past the 404) Turn left on Woodbine and then take the Right at the lights at Mt Albert Rd (hwy 13) and stay on that until you get to HWY 48 then turn left onto 48 and head north again.

I used to go to Beaverton to do a pickup when I was driving truck and going the way I suggested I found, is a little quicker, because you don't have to deal with ANY Toronto traffic.
Thanks Trevor for the info I may have to give that route a try.
Nice catch there @Fish Farmer ๐ŸŸ ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ !! ๐Ÿ‘ I was wondering on how the 1 herring tasted,if you did get a chance to eat it yet? Asking for a friendโ€ฆ.. @Red Hering ๐Ÿ˜— lol ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜‰ Enjoy your perch fry to you both!! ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
I love the Herring out of Simcoe, Red, just gut, scale roll in flour and fry. I'm a "coaster" what do you expect :D :D
My buddy that was with me said I could have his if he catches any YUK:vomit::D:D
That had to be the smallest Herring I've ever caught, was hoping for more and bigger, they used to be bigger years ago when they had no limit.
We caught lots jigging with a Pearl.

Where is this Beaverton fishing place you speak of?
Mitchell's Fish Huts Beaverton
Thanks for the heads up It's hard to teach Old Dogs new tricks:D:D
407ETR. Milton bottleneck is fixed as of last year...smooth sailing.

Thats a damn fine mess of perch!!
I'm to cheap Frugal to take 407 plus hate to give those guys money(y):D
I was thinking about going to Simcoe with the colder weather here. Did you use an outfitter?
Yes Dave, we used Mitchel's Fish Huts. Getting to old dragging huts and equipment any more:dead::D

We went out yesterday to simcoe caught aboit 75 total kept 15 my cousin took them home 5 of us in the otter resort still lots of room to move around and the 50k winds you couldnt even feel in the hut aposted to the eskimo 3i witch rattles like crazy steady all day fishing we set up just a ways away from hot box huts in 25' ice was clear solid black ice 6" popping and cracking like crazy but clear to the bottom of the lake could see the sand and structure by the time we left 5:30 there was 4" of snow ill tell ya pulling a 110lbs+ sled is much easier on glare ice

Attachments

• IMG_0563.jpg
    IMG_0563.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 50
  • image000002_02.jpg
    image000002_02.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 48
  • 20240215_164117.jpg
    20240215_164117.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240215_164046.jpg
    20240215_164046.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20240215_141234_HDR.jpg
    20240215_141234_HDR.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 51
Thanks Trevor for the info I may have to give that route a try.

I love the Herring out of Simcoe, Red, just gut, scale roll in flour and fry. I'm a "coaster" what do you expect :D :D
My buddy that was with me said I could have his if he catches any YUK:vomit::D:D
That had to be the smallest Herring I've ever caught, was hoping for more and bigger, they used to be bigger years ago when they had no limit.
We caught lots jigging with a Pearl.

Mitchell's Fish Huts Beaverton

Thanks for the heads up It's hard to teach Old Dogs new tricks:D:D

I'm to cheap Frugal to take 407 plus hate to give those guys money(y):D

Yes Dave, we used Mitchel's Fish Huts. Getting to old dragging huts and equipment any more:dead::D
Called and booked with them today. Only March 4-6 were left

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks