Roe

champ

Looking to do some trades, I am looking for Coho roe skein or singles.
I have 8oz jars of Chinook loose, lightly salted loose, skein, and lightly salted skein.

If anyone would want to trade roe for roe that would be awesome
@Stick this means you too!

Thanks

Lots showing up along the huron shoreline for the last 2 weeks....big healthy fish too!

And lots on the east ditches if you can stand to fish them lol

Josh

?? Yeah not my type of fishing at all.....

Not sure where all these Huron Ho's are coming from, I haven't seen big 6-9lb average fish in years ? and they're even showing up at rivers that don't traditionally see many/any Coho....

Attachments

• IMG_20180928_030105.jpg
    IMG_20180928_030105.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
@champ Sorry Brad. Down to my last 5 jars from 07. Spent all afternoon Sunday jarring up from my final trip east for Nooks. Enough of that shit. My knees are too old for those rocks and I should be good for the rest of my fishing days.

Not sure where all these Huron Ho's are coming from, I haven't seen big 6-9lb average fish in years ? and they're even showing up at rivers that don't traditionally see many/any Coho....
when i was fishing sarnia in spring and last fall there were lots of coho.i was told by locals michigan has a few heavy stocking programs.

Yup, tons of Coho the past 2 springs. Unless I'm mistaken tho, Michigan only stocks Coho in Lake Michigan. I'm pretty sure we're seeing all wild fish...

Josh

Any chance you could tell us where, what you are using, how far out, depths? Any info would be appreciated. Just got a boat this year and would love to boat a couple of these.

River mouths and estuaries so far, don't need a boat. Theres been some movement upriver in some areas too. 3-15 feet of water. Len thompsons/cleos, Virbrax, qwikfish/flatfish and roe or worms under a float all take lots of Coho. I find they love Chartruese and purples...

Josh

Last edited:
Yup, tons of Coho the past 2 springs. Unless I'm mistaken tho, Michigan only stocks Coho in Lake Michigan. I'm pretty sure we're seeing all wild fish...

Josh
i was told they were private clubs in upper michigan josh.but who knows,there are defintly alot more around last few years.

i was told they were private clubs in upper michigan josh.but who knows,there are defintly alot more around last few years.
Me being a member of the Bluewater Anglers Club now for many year’s,they have not stocked coho salmon and just chinook salmon fo awhile now.I love fishing for coho’s,especially out of my boat in the spring on Lake Huron around the time of the Bluewater Anglers Salmon Derby.???

River mouths and estuaries so far, don't need a boat. Theres been some movement upriver in some areas too. 3-15 feet of water. Len thompsons/cleos, Virbrax, qwikfish/flatfish and roe or worms under a float all take lots of Coho. I find they love Chartruese and purples...

Josh
@Josh Roelofsen,have you by chance fished the Maitland Rivermouth off the rock pier? I was just wondering if you have,(sorry if this is a personal question),and if you notice anyone trolling out of their boats and having any luck.I haven’t had a chance yet to check things out myself and numerous of other rivermouths that I have fished over the year’s,and thanks in advance and tight lines!! ???

Yup, there's been fish caught of the rocks on the mait....those Coho seem to drift in and out of the estuaries and rivermouths from day to day until they decide to go at which point they move through real quick!

Saw a couple roll today but couldn't get my baits past all the pesky Steelies ?

Attachments

• IMG_20181005_084552.jpg
    IMG_20181005_084552.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20181005_124051.jpg
    IMG_20181005_124051.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20181005_125806.jpg
    IMG_20181005_125806.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20181005_123055.jpg
    IMG_20181005_123055.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20181005_115720.jpg
    IMG_20181005_115720.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20181005_110545.jpg
    IMG_20181005_110545.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20181005_113531.jpg
    IMG_20181005_113531.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20181005_084635.jpg
    IMG_20181005_084635.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37

Josh
Thanks for the info Josh greatly appreciated and nice pics of the Bows!

Yup, there's been fish caught of the rocks on the mait....those Coho seem to drift in and out of the estuaries and rivermouths from day to day until they decide to go at which point they move through real quick!

Saw a couple roll today but couldn't get my baits past all the pesky Steelies ?
Nice photo’s @Josh Roelofsen and thanks for the information,and I am now tempted to haul my boat up to some of the Lake Huron tributaries and troll for some rainbows,cohos and chinook salmon.Tight Lines & Fish ON!! ????

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks