RIP Canvasback

Sad news. John was a great friend and frequent fishing and hunting partner. I noticed that the obituary was available on-line through the Simcoe Reformer this morning. I posted a photo of John taken earlier this season on the occasion of him catching the largest Pike I have ever personally witnessed being caught in Long Point Bay. May he rest in peace.

Attachments

• JohnMay27_2019.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 121
Sorry for your loss, you never no how much they will be missed until they are gone. Did not know the man but I can feel your pain.

I am so sorry to hear this. John was a great outdoorsman and a wonderful gentleman. I saw him this spring and he was smiling ear to ear and excited about this summer's fishing. He will be sorely missed but to his credit he did enjoy life to it's fullest while he was here.

My Condolences to all that knew him only met him once and what an enjoyable experience that was RIP John

Sorry to read about Johns passing and my condolences to his family and many friends.While I was fishing out at Bluffs Bar with @Reddog a few summers ago,we met up with @Duck Soup,Arnie and John,while they were fishing for pike such like ourselves that morning.We did not catch any pike yet when we met up,but John took the time to show us their technique to catch pike at Bluff Bar by showing us the jigheads & twister tails of various sizes and colours that they were using. John even gave us some of his twister tails to us to try out that day and that was very much appreciated. ? RIP John & it was a great pleasure to have known you over the years around the long point bay area. ???

RIP CANVASBACK
Many memories of you John
My condolences to Family and Friends.
You'll be fishing with Teacher's Pet???

Most people will remember John Piggott (Canvasback) fishing the inner and outer bay for decades. Sadly John passed away today and will be truly missed. He was a mentor to me and also a second father. He had so many fishing buddies and always mentioned his trips with Arnie. John also gave me the experience of catching Redfish in Titusville, Florida. It’s been a really tough week for myself and his close friends. I told him last night to find a fishing whole up there that we can all share one day. Rest In Peace buddy.

Bill Kociuk Fishing Charters
Sorry for the loss. Good memories made to cherish though. They will make you smile and you will laugh when you realize your smiling. It happens.

Most people will remember John Piggott (Canvasback) fishing the inner and outer bay for decades. Sadly John passed away today and will be truly missed. He was a mentor to me and also a second father. He had so many fishing buddies and always mentioned his trips with Arnie. John also gave me the experience of catching Redfish in Titusville, Florida. It’s been a really tough week for myself and his close friends. I told him last night to find a fishing whole up there that we can all share one day. Rest In Peace buddy.

Bill Kociuk Fishing Charters
Sorry for your loss.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks