Right of way stickers

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I was up at the boat show today with a buddy just window shopping cause I really like my boat. My buddy who is a sgt with the Toronto Police Marine Unit had a bunch of these right of way stickers for right beside your steering wheel on the boat. Since this always becomes a topic of discussion every summer I grabbed two dozen from him. They either get placed beside your steering wheel or on the windshield so you can see it. So if you want one let me know and you can either grab one this summer from me when the prestige worldwide is back in its slip or send me a DM with your name and address and I will try my best while quantities last to send them out? I also can send them all to ‘Uncle Red’ who can distribute them with the 68 beer coasters?

Attachments

• IMG_4142.jpeg
    IMG_4142.jpeg
    327.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_4143.jpeg
    IMG_4143.jpeg
    333.4 KB · Views: 139
Great little reminder ! Problem is you have to find "Captain Clueless" and make sure he gets one. LoL ! Hopefully someone from the OPP Marine or Cdn. Coast Guard units sees your post and can get more to hand out this year ?

Crazy people don't know they are crazy and bad boat captains are oblivious too. But...all boats should come with that sticker from the factory.

Ok due to a bunch of replies I texted my buddy who got me a box of 50 of the stickers. If you have already asked me for one I will send them off. Everything from this point forward is going to Red to distribute with 68 stickers. At least we will know the 68 guys are behaving out there!

I was up at the boat show today with a buddy just window shopping cause I really like my boat. My buddy who is a sgt with the Toronto Police Marine Unit had a bunch of these right of way stickers for right beside your steering wheel on the boat. Since this always becomes a topic of discussion every summer I grabbed two dozen from him. They either get placed beside your steering wheel or on the windshield so you can see it. So if you want one let me know and you can either grab one this summer from me when the prestige worldwide is back in its slip or send me a DM with your name and address and I will try my best while quantities last to send them out? I also can send them all to ‘Uncle Red’ who can distribute them with the 68 beer coasters?
Sounds great & thanks for reaching out to me, @rcfire77 to send them all to ‘Uncle Red.’ 👍🙂 or we could meet somewhere in person,( but I am not sure where you live),… in Kettle Point,etc. but either way,lets meet up somewhere half way,or whatever works the best for you/us, before February 10/24,because I wouldn’t mind having these stickers to distribute there with the 🍺 🍺 beer coasters, ( lol 😆), at the Port Rowan Hunting & Fishing/ Yard Sale on February 10,2024. I
have had one of these stickers now for many year’s on my boat,which is attached to the left of my tiller outboard motor,because I don’t have a windshield to stick my sticker to!! lol 😂 😉 I will pm you my phone number as well @rcfire77 in case that you didn’t have it. Cheers 🍻 my friend, regards, @Red Hering ….. uncle red 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2606.jpeg
    IMG_2606.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_2607.jpeg
    IMG_2607.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 16
Ok due to a bunch of replies I texted my buddy who got me a box of 50 of the stickers. If you have already asked me for one I will send them off. Everything from this point forward is going to Red to distribute with 68 stickers. At least we will know the 68 guys are behaving out there!
Excellent @rcfire77 for doing this,👊👍 and I just replied to your first post from yesterday at 8:32 p.m. I also personal messaged you my phone number,and let’s keep in contact,especially about those stickers. Regards,uncle red 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2600.jpeg
    IMG_2600.jpeg
    284.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2603.jpeg
    IMG_2603.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 8
I need it on a giant sign to hold up to boats on the lake
I need it on a giant sign to hold it up out on the water. Although if i did that my arms are going to get tired

I would certainly appreciate 1 or two if I could..
how would I DM you

I'm a little surprised at the popularity of these, I guess I just figured these rules were ingrained in every boater's head at birth but maybe not. That said, I am constantly reminded lately that I am getting old and maybe they're right so if these will help people remember the rules then it's great and thanks for going to the effort!

That sticker makes me laugh, use a little common cents especially when you have about 20 boats trolling in a 100 square foot area. :D
I've heard guys yelling, can't you see I'm going strait, like everyone is going in circles:D.
What happens when some pinch you off, you can't move.:eek:
Everyone aren't perfect, your out their to have fun, just get along, shake your head and give in, your blood pressure will like you.(y)(y)

That sticker makes me laugh, use a little common cents especially when you have about 20 boats trolling in a 100 square foot area. :D
I've heard guys yelling, can't you see I'm going strait, like everyone is going in circles:D.
What happens when some pinch you off, you can't move.:eek:
Everyone aren't perfect, your out their to have fun, just get along, shake your head and give in, your blood pressure will like you.(y)(y)
Exactly, these 'rules' are great when navigating around the lake or racing yachts but are not always practical when you have a bunch of boats trolling in a tight area since there are lots of other factors at play (the mouth of the Thames River in the fall comes to mind). Everyone needs to be flexible and give an take a bit or there's going to be trouble. I think trolling Lake Erie isn't really that busy and there's not many obstructions so for the most part, we should follow the right of way rules wherever possible but be nice and duck a stern here or there if need be to avoid 'situations'.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks