Fishing Report Port Glasgow 5/13/2023

Yah I fish port Stanley enough that $138 is going to save me a lot of money
Think I paid like $400+ by the end of the season paying for each launch individually
A season pass is definitely the way to go if you always fish out of the same port. I used to get a season pass at one time but found I was fishing almost as much out of Bruce or Stanley as Glasgow so there wasn't any savings for me. However, that was when we had great perch fishing which is now non-existent so is the reason I spend most of my time fishing walleye and bows out of Glasgow these days. I love the short boat rides and gas savings out of Glasgow with more time fishing than trying to get there and back when fish are 12-16 miles offshore at the other ports. Out 7 miles I'm in 72 fow, try that at the other ports. :)

The season pass may be twice as much at Glasgow than at Stanley but the distance and time to get to the fish is cut in half at Glasgow. At the price of gas it doesn't take long to make up the difference and more especially when the fish are deep which is the case most of the season. I never buy a season pass anyway because I don't want to be stuck at one port if the fishing falls off.
That’s “sooo” very convincing @Wave Runner on what you have posted,and “look out” Port Glasgow,the @Red Hering is coming there this summer!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🤪 😉👍🙂

Not to mention all the damn jet skis and drunk people at the ramp 🙄
@Derkd9[/USER] had mentioned once about a drunk boater at the Port Stanley boat ramp,when he was there once,trying to take his boat back out of the water!!

A season pass is definitely the way to go if you always fish out of the same port. I used to get a season pass at one time but found I was fishing almost as much out of Bruce or Stanley as Glasgow so there wasn't any savings for me. However, that was when we had great perch fishing which is now non-existent so is the reason I spend most of my time fishing walleye and bows out of Glasgow these days. I love the short boat rides and gas savings out of Glasgow with more time fishing than trying to get there and back when fish are 12-16 miles offshore at the other ports. Out 7 miles I'm in 72 fow, try that at the other ports. :)
And I can always “swing by” @Wave Runner s house,after fishing in Port Glasgow,because his house is on my way home. lol 😂 ☕😉👍🙂

And I can always “swing by” @Wave Runner s house,after fishing in Port Glasgow,because his house is on my way home. lol 😂 ☕😉👍🙂
Not a bad idea! Think I will fish Glasgow this year and stop at @Wave Runner house as well so he can clean my fish and fry up some walleye fillets for dinner.
@Wave Runner I know @Red Hering likes his Coors Light but could you please keep some Moose Head around for me for when I stop in after fishing out of Port Glasgow 👍
Especially since I will save 10min on the boat ride and a few dollars in gas I’m going to have a lot of extra time and money on my hands I’m sure we can get into some trouble or Maybe there will be some yard sales in the area this summer on the ride home too I can hit up to spend all my gas savings on 🤣 😊 🍻 🎣

Not a bad idea! Think I will fish Glasgow this year and stop at @Wave Runner house as well so he can clean my fish and fry up some walleye fillets for dinner.
@Wave Runner I know @Red Hering likes his Coors Light but could you please keep some Moose Head around for me for when I stop in after fishing out of Port Glasgow 👍
Especially since I will save 10min on the boat ride and a few dollars in gas I’m going to have a lot of extra time and money on my hands I’m sure we can get into some trouble or Maybe there will be some yard sales in the area this summer on the ride home too I can hit up to spend all my gas savings on 🤣 😊 🍻 🎣
It’s official @Derkd9 a party @Wave Runner house!! 👊👊 He has lots of space there for parking,drinking,etc.!! 😝😝😉👍🙂

Sorry to disappoint you @Red Hering and @Derkd9 but although my last name is Beer I don't drink it. :giggle:

@scrimmy & @Derkd9... Other than the moose head on the can what's the difference? 🤷‍♂️
When I used to hunt moose on the rivers up north with a freighter canoe, a cracked canoe was not a good thing. ;)
BC36950.jpg
10275407790110.jpg

lol 😂 @Wave Runner 👊👊 a cracked canoe was not a good thing!! lol 😂 🤣 😉👍🙂
I agree a cracked canoe is not a good thing when sitting in one but the beer is the best I have had in a long time. I grew up drinking Labatt Blue but when they sold the company I searched for a replacement and I like crack canoe better than blue although nowadays a case would last me more than a year.

Sorry to disappoint you @Red Hering and @Derkd9 but although my last name is Beer I don't drink it. :giggle:

@scrimmy & @Derkd9... Other than the moose head on the can what's the difference? 🤷‍♂️
When I used to hunt moose on the rivers up north with a freighter canoe, a cracked canoe was not a good thing. ;)
BC36950.jpg
10275407790110.jpg
Moosehead is a lager and not bad but Cracked Canoe is a premium light lager and much better although they are both made by the same brewer.

I agree a cracked canoe is not a good thing when sitting in one but the beer is the best I have had in a long time. I grew up drinking Labatt Blue but when they sold the company I searched for a replacement and I like crack canoe better than blue although nowadays a case would last me more than a year.
Good to know @scrimmy 👍 and the next time I am at the Beer Store, I will buy a couple of bottles of cracked canoe,just to try them out first. CHEERS! 🍻 👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks