Off Topic Poll Results - Thoughts

This is the only site I regularly check into. I guess that speaks for itself. I read it all and enjoy most of it. My one pet peeve is that there are individual's who continually bump things back up to the top of the page in the classifieds. Kudos to people who post stuff once at a decent price and it usually sells quickly. If you are one of those individual's who feel the need to constantly bump what you are selling, figure it out that maybe it's junk to begin with or your asking too much for what you think is a treasure. ><{{{{{•> on to all members

I sometimes post info not much because l find on some sites when info is posted that person sometimes gets attacked. On this site it did for a little time back " With Trevor getting it" but l find a lot of great info on here and if that is what it takes to keep it that way... THEN COUNT ME IN ??

I am all for whatever ads "inconvenience" us while getting to the meat and potatoes of this site. I was a unsubscribed "troll" for years on this site before finally registering. One thing I noticed on the Lake Simcoe forum, non registered people don't see photos. They are also not willing to help out or freely give up information like the members here do, which makes this an amazing site to visit many times a day.

The other option to make this site less daunting for you, give some of your trusted members admin privilege to possibly block threads or lock them down before they become dumpster fires. You would ultimately have the final say to boot or delete whatever, but admins could at least lock or "mute" a thread until you looked into it.

I'm all for whatever decision you make to keep this going, and I'm blood type O-neg if you need a spare kidney. But I have to warn you that I've put these organs through the ringer. It might be all banged up like a rusted out old P.O.S Chevette, It'll get you to point B...... Uncomfortably (y)

I would agree with all of the comments above. Love this site check it regularly and try to contribute what I think can help or may be interesting. Have bought some awesome items from fellow members, it has always worked out great. I Don't mind the ads but would pay if that was the way it was going.

I hope that covid-net is well behind us, it definitely brought out the worst. Feels like we have settled back into what makes this community great. Sad that we lost TrevorM and possibly others? I hope he returns one day. Not sure that it could have been avoided but I like @Extra Virgin 's idea of having some admins. Not a tech guy so not sure if that works here.

Thanks @stomp for creating this platform for all of us. Ben

Love the site - try and contribute when I can and have learned LOTS and LOTS for very knowledgeable and willing members. Can't say enough about those that have helped me learn the tricks and tips of leadcore and dipsy fishing for walleye. Now.............NOBODY, I repeat, NOBODY has given up the location of the Erie Perch that I would love to bag a limit on - but I don't blame the members - I am thinking perhaps they are all gone - being replaced by the big goldfish I saw posted earlier today by someone who caught it in the marina in Dover - this thing was HUGE! I have no issue with paying to keep this site going - BUT - I don't do PAYPAL and am pretty reluctant to use Credit Card payment - just asking - would e-transfer work? It seems to be the way of the world - and NO, I would never send cash through the mail - how many people would be at risk of CoVid - or something worse. Besides - lots of folks don't even know what cash is anymore.
A question to you Stomp - I read R.O.C. group? What is the R.O.C. group?

Tell me what my part is to keep the site humming, and where to e-transfer my payment.

Keep well all.
Cheers,
Balleye

give some of your trusted members admin privilege to possibly block threads or lock them down before they become dumpster fires
OK, @Extra Virgin , sounds like you're volunteering. Thanks! PM on its way to you. I'm not yet sure about the trusted part... when faced with 6-8 crises like "The Air Mattress Incident", will you be able to ask yourself WWSD (what would stomp do?) and handle it accordingly?

@stomp is there any chance of a,“Lost & Found“ section as well?
@Red Hering , thinking back to newspaper days, Lost and Found was a section in the Classifieds. I've added "Lost" and "Found" prefixes to that section. Will that work for you? BTW, thanks for finding my tackle bag; I was wondering where that went.

@Red Hering , thinking back to newspaper days, Lost and Found was a section in the Classifieds. I've added "Lost" and "Found" prefixes to that section. Will that work for you? BTW, thanks for finding my tackle bag; I was wondering where that went.
That would work just fine @stomp & a double “thumbs up” ?? for your great idea!!;)? I thought that the tackle bag that I found might be yours,for it has brand new pike lure’s in it,and I don’t think that the “big” pike lure’s would work,while casting for walleye’s off the thames riverbank!!? lol:ROFLMAO::D Twister tail’s 6330BC47-F026-476E-BF3A-130F1275F302.jpeg 83485463-865C-40D2-876B-C3D89A0DC9F5.jpeg is normally all I use!!?;)? If it is your tackle bag that I found,it will cost you $75.00 @stomp and you have my phone number to reach me if you are still interested!! lol:ROFLMAO:;):D I will post the tackle bag later & thanks again for your great idea,my good friend!! ???

@Red Hering, I think this was a sign from God. Hang on to those pike lures and maybe, just maybe, God's gift will finally get you to the LPBAA Pike Derby podium. Now, @Three Bouys and I are almost certainly to be there with you, looking down from the highest platform, but at least you'll be in the money.
I will take any form of money EC310B1E-A715-43E0-93A4-1A7BA494F438.jpeg @stomp from the LPBAA Pike Derby,but it will be great/fun this time from the 1st place “Team Red Wave” A02CA541-A51E-4818-9098-8F45B0067909.jpeg to look down to the both of you for a change!!o_O????o_O:D?

Thanks all for the positive comments (y). I do very much appreciate all the kind words and your feedback has helped me in deciding next steps. I'll likely go ahead with some of the changes I was considering and am acting on other changes that were suggested. 6-8 requires more care and feeding than maybe I had realized, and other stakeholders in my household have to be satisfied that it is all worth it.

Reading this post I know I'm repeating alot of what others have said, but I agree 100% with implementing a donation function.

I've been part of other forums for other topics and have seen donations get you a different handle handle behind your name... access to boards that were "member" only....ability to post and view pictures and video.

I have relied on this site for my introduction to lake erie. The info from members have been better than any google search or seminar I ever sat through.

I feel I need the opportunity to pay back the site for the invaluable help I've recieved from here. I try to post my adventures on here but still dont and cant bring to the table what so many other members can!

I do agree with having some admins on here to help keep posts from getting way out of control. Cant expect @stomp To read and police every last post.

Keep up the great work on here and I am sure with whatever happens most will stand behind and support.

Just summarizing my thoughts on 6-8:

• been a member for 12 years and lurker for longer than that. I've learned a ton especially early on in my career (although I've been fishing Erie since the 80's I never really got 'hooked' until my kids got to be old enough)
  • I don't post as much as I used to, not because I don't want to share but because more often lately best intentioned opinions and advice turn into arguments; don't need that crap. You don't have to agree with every comment someone makes but there's no need for some of the arguments and personal attacks we've seen lately (that said, this site is still one of the best in this regard)
  • a lot of the questions have become pretty repetitive over the years. I'd encourage people to use the search function to find postings from previous years on common topics since there are tons of really informative and detailed reports on many of these items.
  • I like the simple setup of this forum and am not a big fan of adding a bunch more sub-forums. There's not a lot of really off topic stuff here and it's nice to have it all in one place.
  • I don't like the idea of paying for content. I think it will attract a bunch of nonsense posts from people trying to increase the post counts and earn a nickle.
  • I'm all for the donation add-in and would encourage anyone who uses the forum to donate a bit if they can to keep 6-8 going and minimize the advertising. I have no issue with local ads for sponsors but the pop-up from google do get annoying.
  • I'd be sad to see this forum go so we all need to do what we can to support @stomp whichever direction he decides to go.

Family should always come first. Feel good about making decisions that emphasize that. The current Covid situation has put people under stress that they are not accustomed to. This site has been, in my opinion, adversely affected. You should not be expected to play babysitter to a group of mature adults because they cannot control themselves in an online forum. As much as I enjoy this site and I appreciate all the time and effort that you have put into it I would never expect you to do such at a cost to your home life or metal well being. I fully support any decision you make and if there was any manner in which I could assist I would be willing to do so.

NoClass

Hey Stomp, I don't log in very often, (read on phone as a lurker) but I've been a member here for awhile. Seen the ups and downs, the clowns and the knobs but always, always enjoyed the reports. I would love an opportunity to give back after all these years to help out.

Been on here for a while now. Stomp, I really enjoy this site that you have created for both information, and entertainment. Would gladly make a donation to keep this site alive. This is your ship captain, I support any decision you make.

Been on here for awhile myself, don't talk to much but love the knowledge and information I've gained just from being a lurker. I support any decision you make.

Hey @Caseys Dream, good to hear from you! Yes, there's been some ups and downs, but usually a helluva lot of laughs. I'm glad to know a smart fell'er like you can enjoy some of the lowbrow antics that often go on around here.

OK, @Extra Virgin , sounds like you're volunteering. Thanks! PM on its way to you. I'm not yet sure about the trusted part... when faced with 6-8 crises like "The Air Mattress Incident", will you be able to ask yourself WWSD (what would stomp do?) and handle it accordingly?
Or wwjd Bahahaha

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks