Off Topic not a good day

Hey fishermen ...I did not get my surgery started this morning, I was already to go into the operating room with blood work completed, specific medications taken, discussion with the anesthetist and set up of the pain pump and waiting in preop to be called to the operating room. lots of minutes go by and Dr. Yang & Dr. Opperman come in ...Dr. Yang says we got a problem with the hardware, He explains the supplier has sent one component the interbody cage, that is not the right one, When UH sent the requestion for the spinal hardware parts for my surgery the supplier failed to match the part # number and sent the wrong part. I asked where the warehouse is for inventory...well its not no where near the #401 corridor...Yes Dr. Yang said if we could of got the part shipped this morning. He said we could of completed the 2 part fusion surgery by 10 pm tonight. But there was nothing the supplier could offer us the needed part. Dr. Opperman was really upset on the error of the supplier. Thankfully He found 2 small stress cracks on the exsisting 2 rods...both lateral and bilateral measuring 1 mm difference, Dr. Yang said we will remove the exsisting hardware including the 4 screws and 2 rods with the 2 hair line fractures, and then check the vertebrate for any movement. if needed we can mount a interbody cage and fill with bone graft. giving it 8 weeks to cure harden and fuse..the synovial cyst same procedure wrap the cyst with an interbody cage mount it to the L4 rightside joint and fill with bone graft, and let it cure and harden..so surgery time has gone up to 10+ hours and there allotment time for the Nuero surgery day will be either June 14 or June 16,
The entire department said they were sorry, My nurse went down to administration and brought me back a taxi voucher for a ride home to my front door.

I think this pause in getting my surgery done, will be beneficial, the imaging below is the original spinal fusion May 2014 Sunnybrook

Attachments

• Spinal Fusion L4 L5 2 rods 4 screws May 2014 Sunnybrook Dr. V Yang.jpg
    Spinal Fusion L4 L5 2 rods 4 screws May 2014 Sunnybrook Dr. V Yang.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Spinal Fusion L4 L5 May 2014 Dr. Victor Yang Sunnybrook.jpg
    Spinal Fusion L4 L5 May 2014 Dr. Victor Yang Sunnybrook.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I am thinking of you Mick and pulling for you .... this site and the great guys who frequent it need you Mick and your inspiration. All the very best when you do get the operation. Further to your planned operation ... you couldn't be in better hands ... London is the place to be for any advanced health care.

Hey thanks a million @Stormin Norman for the power boost of words there my friend...Ya I am using the down time wisely, and its gives my bank account a bit of a break too..
I just received my renewal 10 year passport, I been looking at more tropical waters to fish and swinging it for longer stays as well..I got a few things in mind when the seasons change..

Good luck with your fishing season Stormin Norman...

ya just to mention
I am just hanging around waiting for my ride to pick me up at 4am, heading to university hospital for my big surgery..looking forward to getting it done, and start my recovery...I figure 8 weeks for the bone graft to harden.. I will be walking daily, and then back to our YMCA...

one thing i will be doing is booking my flight south, asap, oh ya that is so important to me.. I am flying Avianca to Bogota Colombia & connecting down into Guayaquil Ecuador, I am looking at and staying for 3 new moon cycles into January 2024.. I have already found and am restocking my goto marlin & dorado baits..really & honestly...my passion is billfishing on the pacific coast..there is nothing else better..well other then hurricanes and earthquakes, that can strike at anytime..ya I am looking at that constantly before I fly out..I been chatting with my good friend Myra in puerto lopez, things are good, but wow, they have been through so much..The town is more then hanging in there, they actually got more life then ever.. and I hope so do I..

Good luck guys on the fishing

Thanks alot Tyler, I anticapate when i book my flight it will be early November and staying December and into January for new moon #3, will see how the new year goes for dorado fishing and theres oppurtunity for crankbait trolling grouper, the weather gets nice with a little more sun and warmth..the one day dorado tournament event was the end of January, (that was before Covid)
So I might like to stick around..
Ya I looked at flights up the coast to Mexico from the hub departing from Bogota and that is so complicated, there is defiantly a disconnect , I will figure it out, Costa Rica is not in my budget this season,

you guys wanna fish marlin catch a direct flight down to cabo san lucas..big marlin catch numbers february 2023..

in the Marina right by the Mobil gas pumps, there is three 28 foot charter boats... $400 U.S 8 hours I was chatting with the captain ..buddy & his wife they just come in from hammering several roosterfish on rapalas...wow was he stolked..

Thankyou @stomp

and all the other kind and thoughtful members here wishing me well.

I just took my 2nd shower today with plenty of soap everywhere for my prep for surgery..

looking forward to reading more great reports...Good luck out there..

Thankyou @stomp

and all the other kind and thoughtful members here wishing me well.

I just took my 2nd shower today with plenty of soap everywhere for my prep for surgery..

looking forward to reading more great reports...Good luck out there..
All the best!!

ya just to mention
I am just hanging around waiting for my ride to pick me up at 4am, heading to university hospital for my big surgery..looking forward to getting it done, and start my recovery...I figure 8 weeks for the bone graft to harden.. I will be walking daily, and then back to our YMCA...

one thing i will be doing is booking my flight south, asap, oh ya that is so important to me.. I am flying Avianca to Bogota Colombia & connecting down into Guayaquil Ecuador, I am looking at and staying for 3 new moon cycles into January 2024.. I have already found and am restocking my goto marlin & dorado baits..really & honestly...my passion is billfishing on the pacific coast..there is nothing else better..well other then hurricanes and earthquakes, that can strike at anytime..ya I am looking at that constantly before I fly out..I been chatting with my good friend Myra in puerto lopez, things are good, but wow, they have been through so much..The town is more then hanging in there, they actually got more life then ever.. and I hope so do I..

Good luck guys on the fishing
Hoping @mick that your big surgery this morning was a great success,and a speedy recovery to you my friend!! 👍👍🙂

Happy Canada Day fishermen!

my surgery was a success..after 9.5 hours..

ya I heard part of my surgical team the girls were doing high fives when it was over..

my 2 wound locations healed up 15 days this past thursday..so far no infection..

ya i cut the grass that day as well..rule #1 no vigorous activites..

my boat is staying in the garage..alot of sit and wait down time..i am walking the neighbourhood daily

my folllow up is July 27 with the surgeon..and when can i safely go marlin fishing again?

HI FRIENDS, WELL on a good note buddy DAVE the lawn guy and his son scored A big 36 inch bow and a big walleye trolling 40 fow down 20 on the riggers on spoons off port bruce Sunday May 7th.. good for him on there first trip out..

to mention the ambulance, fire truck and 2 police cars show up here this morning at 6 am..ya the nice couple next door my neighbours, well the wife dies of a heart attack around the 5:30 am mark ..i am just sick after hearing the dreadful news of the husband giving her chest compressions for a full half hour with his attempts to revive her for a heart beat..

she made it to 67 years..again I suggest do it while you can...

I am heading into University Hospital LHSC early June 1st next thursday for a scheduled 8 hour complicated invasive spine surgery for 8:30 am.. I have been praying for a second chance with life..
My thoughts and prayers will be with you. 🙏

Thankyou for your kindness of words @fishing girl pink

and thanks for the reminder "68 well known member" and a happy Canada day fishing girl to you too!!!

and good luck to the rest of your fishing season too..

Happy Canada Day fishermen!

my surgery was a success..after 9.5 hours..

ya I heard part of my surgical team the girls were doing high fives when it was over..

my 2 wound locations healed up 15 days this past thursday..so far no infection..

ya i cut the grass that day as well..rule #1 no vigorous activites..

my boat is staying in the garage..alot of sit and wait down time..i am walking the neighbourhood daily

my folllow up is July 27 with the surgeon..and when can i safely go marlin fishing again?
All the best mick

Thanks so much @Toad

good luck fishing my friend.

we only went out the once for a decent bite June 10 west of glasgow..Gold/black Redfins out fished the shiners 2 to 1..

the bigger RRF profile in cloudy water clarity..

Back