Off Topic not a good day

mick

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
HI FRIENDS, WELL on a good note buddy DAVE the lawn guy and his son scored A big 36 inch bow and a big walleye trolling 40 fow down 20 on the riggers on spoons off port bruce Sunday May 7th.. good for him on there first trip out..

to mention the ambulance, fire truck and 2 police cars show up here this morning at 6 am..ya the nice couple next door my neighbours, well the wife dies of a heart attack around the 5:30 am mark ..i am just sick after hearing the dreadful news of the husband giving her chest compressions for a full half hour with his attempts to revive her for a heart beat..

she made it to 67 years..again I suggest do it while you can...

I am heading into University Hospital LHSC early June 1st next thursday for a scheduled 8 hour complicated invasive spine surgery for 8:30 am.. I have been praying for a second chance with life..

I fully agree with your outlook on life. Do it while you can, who knows what tomorrow brings. Sorry to hear about your neighbor, it’s always tough to see these things happen to the good people in this world.
Best of luck with your surgery and good recovery after.

@mick , hope the surgery is a total success and that you're pain-free on future multi-hour trips to the Pacific fishing grounds.

Keep a VERY positive outlook and we will be waiting to hear all your adventures down the road ! Keep that chin high.

HI FRIENDS, WELL on a good note buddy DAVE the lawn guy and his son scored A big 36 inch bow and a big walleye trolling 40 fow down 20 on the riggers on spoons off port bruce Sunday May 7th.. good for him on there first trip out..

to mention the ambulance, fire truck and 2 police cars show up here this morning at 6 am..ya the nice couple next door my neighbours, well the wife dies of a heart attack around the 5:30 am mark ..i am just sick after hearing the dreadful news of the husband giving her chest compressions for a full half hour with his attempts to revive her for a heart beat..

she made it to 67 years..again I suggest do it while you can...

I am heading into University Hospital LHSC early June 1st next thursday for a scheduled 8 hour complicated invasive spine surgery for 8:30 am.. I have been praying for a second chance with life..
Best of luck and a speedy recovery my friend

WoW!!! Thankyou so much you guys for the positive responses,..very much appreciated..

When I returned home from Mexico March 26, I had no idea I won the spine surgery lottery at UH...

It was just days later I was setup with a nerve block injection appointment with a Nueroradiologist at UH. She found the location imagery on the monitor and with pin point precision accuracy she injects the location, a loaded syringe with 1ml of freezing & then a quick reload with a 2nd cartridge with 2mls steriod.

Hours after the injection the chronic nerve pain subsided and lasted a couple days. So this procedure was diagnostically confirming 1 of the 2 synovial cysts is impinging on L3/L4 exiting nerve, yes the sciatic nerve right side. On April 26th in Dr. Yangs office at UH. I had a discussion with the nerve block result with nuerosurgeon Dr. Opperman and also the 2 years leading up to now and bingo I was offered a corrective surgery procedure that is just shocking and I was speechless..after his explanation, we had a short question period,

I swiftly signed the surgery documents and the Dr. mentions my surgery will be booked in the coming weeks, ya it was shocking getting home in disbelief. Anyway Dr. Yangs medical secretary calls me the very next day April 27th...and gives me a surgery date, and gives me a surgery pkg email..Wow now thats service..
I also did my preOP over the phone with a UH nurse and an informative email sent as well, including the surgery operative booking time at 8 hours start time at 8:30 am ..

I suspect this is my second biggest..corrective spinal surgery of my life, I am extremely thankful to have the oppurtunity, It has been my experience every surgery recovery is different, I believe in the health care providers do there very best, and the patients do there best as well, including Physiotheraphy, taking the prescribed medications, and listen to your body as well..

Good Luck fishing you guys..

Well Thanks so much @stomp for your keen eye judging and giving me trophy status size Marlin..lol

to tally up the score for marlin size & for the record.. out of the 11 striped marlin I caught and the crew helped land Leader touch at boatside..

I thought the triple header landing the 2 marlin were above average for size and fought like hell

won't forget my #1 biggest for the trip was the new moon December 23 at 1 pm flat lining a mackerel and took a full 1 hour to land..ya that was a good one..

how did 2 synovial cysts just decide to grow and appear in the worst locations in my spine and cause me havoc and cost me alot of pain & distress..absolutley nasty nerve pain..when that right side sciatic nerve gets red hot flared up I triple freeze it ..using those Ice blue paks
never bothered me in Mexico

ya the last week I bought a new orthopedic style mattress from Douglas matressess ..queen size come to $1470 delivered to the door

this week From my sectional Sofa, I took in my cushions to a London upholstery shop and replaced the foam inserts to a firmer foam insert for sitting/lounging...ya a mere $600...

Hopefully that helps with my recovery, and improves my comfort level

and helps getting me back out on the water fishing..

heres an update from my posted Cabo trip on
November 23, 2022 my 2nd trip off Cabo new moon pre booked..9 for 9
in order 1 bonito 6 Mahi Mahi and 2 marlin..
very happy with perfect score and felt great..until

that evening sleeping middle of the night awakened with both hands/wrists completely numb
smacked my hands hard on the bed and wall to get the feeling back..carpal tunnel syndrome, where I ended up searching Cabo for wrist braces with the insert supports, I bought 5 braces and got 2 to work, and wore them nightly ..I finally recovered after 6+ months, I developed a personal limit like february trip I landed a double dorado & 2 marlin and missed a hookup with 2 bites by noon hour..I already had the surgery where they cut the tunnel muscle opening..
marlin are my hardest fighting fish that could cause a flare up in my right hand..now that I know that I can manage my billfishing, and for dorado I have stopped at 9 fish and no flareups, I would agree yellow fin tuna fishing on a school would also run the risk of repetitive strain injury.

Last edited:
All the best with your surgery @mick .

Looking forward to your first post back saying everything has gone better than hoped and that you are well on your way with much improvement and mobility. 🌻

I have the same problem with my back that is developing and I am watching this with keen interest plus I find your posts interesting, sometimes provocative, usually just straight up. We might have some things in common lol. Good luck sir

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks