Off Topic LPB. ice

I was down at the lake today to grab a few items. Brought the spud bar with me. Didn’t venture to far as I was alone. The middle of the old cut channel at the ice access had approximately 3.5-4” of ice. It’s froze as far as I could see. Hopefully the warm weather next week melts the snow on the ice and gives us a nice smooth surface for February. Fingers crossed we are able to get out for a couple weeks.

I was down at the lake today to grab a few items. Brought the spud bar with me. Didn’t venture to far as I was alone. The middle of the old cut channel at the ice access had approximately 3.5-4” of ice. It’s froze as far as I could see. Hopefully the warm weather next week melts the snow on the ice and gives us a nice smooth surface for February. Fingers crossed we are able to get out for a couple weeks.
Ok . Well I will confirm your findings on Friday morning.

That was cm’s or in’s?

Good to know,and yes,fingers crossed 🤞 @Brandon S for sure,for perhaps a couple of weeks of some ice fishing in the near future! 🎣🐟🤞👍🙂

So who's going to risk it for the biscuit this weekend? Heard a guy walked out half a km yesterday with a safe return out of willys. I'm thinking Sunday morning I might venture out but if the Jameson goes down well tonight might have some liquid courage sat morning to atleast wet a line...or take a cold bath. Lol

So who's going to risk it for the biscuit this weekend? Heard a guy walked out half a km yesterday with a safe return out of willys. I'm thinking Sunday morning I might venture out but if the Jameson goes down well tonight might have some liquid courage sat morning to atleast wet a line...or take a cold bath. Lol
Woodwards also posted that an ATV went around there barrier, onto the ice and through it. The shoreline ice at St Williams is now destroyed.

Stopped by St Williams at lunch to check things out ..Woodward was working on the sleds ... Looks like 1.5...2" inches at the shore ... walked out about 10 feet
quite slushy..Best to stay dry and come back in a week ... some warm weather in the next week ... let it set up at night hope we can get out end of next week ...

Attachments

• 20240119_115245.jpg
    20240119_115245.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 20240119_115329.jpg
    20240119_115329.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 16
Stopped by St Williams at lunch to check things out ..Woodward was working on the sleds ... Looks like 1.5...2" inches at the shore ... walked out about 10 feet
quite slushy..Best to stay dry and come back in a week ... some warm weather in the next week ... let it set up at night hope we can get out end of next week ...
Good to know @Edmcl about the ice condition on that side of the inner bay! Here’s hoping 🤞 for better ice conditions hopefully 🤞 later! 🎣🐟🤞👍🙂

Hopefully that guy knows how to deal with a submerged ATV properly so he doesn’t cause any damage…

It’s one thing to roll up to a lake and see a ton of evidence people have been fishing and using machines and riding out without checking. But to be one of the first on the ice while driving a machine!? Plus to damage access for others makes it even stupider.

Some people really don’t have any common sense and literally need a sign telling them what is or is not a good idea.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks