Looking for my 1st Thames River walleye,of 2024. 🎣🐟🤞👍😎

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
I got out on my 2nd walleye fishing trip of 2024 on the Thames River yesterday for a few hour’s. The Thames River looked good and dropping back down again nicely,from our recent flooding that we had. It felt great to be casting from shore again into a river since sometime last January,and even though I didn’t catch anything yesterday,the sun felt great,and the coffee ☕️ always taste better outdoors!! 😋😉 Before I went home yesterday from walleye fishing,I ended up doing some “scouting” as well for some more potential walleye fishing spot’s along the Thames River. I am looking forward right now to try my luck again today for walleye’s,and stay tuned! Tight lines & hopefully 🤞 walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🤞 if no walleye’s are caught today,it’s always fantastic to be outdoors, “Living the Dream!” Cheers! ☕👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_2747.jpeg
    IMG_2747.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2728.jpeg
    IMG_2728.jpeg
    369.9 KB · Views: 50
River definitely looked great when I crossed it on the 402 yesterday. Might have to take the boat out on the weekend in Chatham if the ramp is clear. No pics but the Kanawha River down here beside where I'm parked in Alloy West Virginia looks very fishable too @Red Hering

Good luck Red. I'd join you if I could, but I can't bush wack anymore and besides, that damn river hates me anyways so as always, I'll live vicariously through you until I get out to the pier in a couple months. ;)
I know that you would join me fishing @Trevor M if you could,and no problem. The riverbank’s are quite slippery after the flood that we had recently,and tomorrow I will be walleye fishing,where the riverbank’s are more safer with a gradual slope. Enjoy the rest of my walleye fishing report’s as they are coming in,whenever I get a chance to get out for walleye’s,such as tomorrow. 🎣🐟🤞👍😎

Lookin good Red. Glad you got out on a beautiful day. Take care my friend.
Thanks @walleyeman about me looking good! 😊 and that’s a nice compliment! 😊 lol 😂 😉 The weather today was just beautiful,( I got a sunburn lol 😂 ),and I am already looking forward to be walleye fishing again tomorrow. 🎣🐟🤞👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpeg
    IMG_2759.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 1
River definitely looked great when I crossed it on the 402 yesterday. Might have to take the boat out on the weekend in Chatham if the ramp is clear. No pics but the Kanawha River down here beside where I'm parked in Alloy West Virginia looks very fishable too @Red Hering
Taking a boat out on the river in Chatham this weekend is the way to go @Fshrmn4life if the ramp is clear as you had mentioned. A boat on the Thames River is the way to go,to cover a lot more water while trolling,and I miss that kind of river fishing for walleye’s,when I had owned a 14 foot aluminum boat back then in the 80th’s. Tight lines & walleye’s on @Fshrmn4life if you do get a chance to get out this weekend. 🚤🎣🐟👍😎

I got out on my 2nd walleye fishing trip of 2024 on the Thames River yesterday for a few hour’s. The Thames River looked good and dropping back down again nicely,from our recent flooding that we had. It felt great to be casting from shore again into a river since sometime last January,and even though I didn’t catch anything yesterday,the sun felt great,and the coffee ☕️ always taste better outdoors!! 😋😉 Before I went home yesterday from walleye fishing,I ended up doing some “scouting” as well for some more potential walleye fishing spot’s along the Thames River. I am looking forward right now to try my luck again today for walleye’s,and stay tuned! Tight lines & hopefully 🤞 walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🤞 if no walleye’s are caught today,it’s always fantastic to be outdoors, “Living the Dream!” Cheers! ☕👍😎
No luck on the Thames River for me today,while I was walleye fishing for only roughly around 3 hours total. A gorgeous day for catching some “natural” 🌞 vitamin D 🌞,and I am looking forward for another day of walleye fishing tomorrow. A short video
View attachment IMG_2760.mov
of what the Thames River looked like,at one of the spot’s where I was trying my luck,for some walleye’s. 🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_2755.jpeg
    IMG_2755.jpeg
    448.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2761.jpeg
    IMG_2761.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 10
Wiggle Salt GIF by Four Rest Films

Taking a boat out on the river in Chatham this weekend is the way to go @Fshrmn4life if the ramp is clear as you had mentioned. A boat on the Thames River is the way to go,to cover a lot more water while trolling,and I miss that kind of river fishing for walleye’s,when I had owned a 14 foot aluminum boat back then in the 80th’s. Tight lines & walleye’s on @Fshrmn4life if you do get a chance to get out this weekend. 🚤🎣🐟👍😎
As a kid we trolled the river often out of a 14 foot aluminum boat at what they call Pickerel Point (Or in @Red Hering language Walleye Point) in the Thamesville area with great success. There are definitely hundreds of great spots along the river for spring walleye fishing from shore and many more accessible spots on private property that produce extremely well with permission from the land owner. over the years I've had some absolutely amazing outings shore fishing the Thames between Chatham and Bothwell from shore and met some great people in the process

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks