Looking for my 1st Thames River walleye,of 2024. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž

No luck on the Thames River for me today,while I was walleye fishing for only roughly around 3 hours total. A gorgeous day for catching some โ€œnaturalโ€ ๐ŸŒž vitamin D ๐ŸŒž,and I am looking forward for another day of walleye fishing tomorrow. A short video
View attachment 84111
of what the Thames River looked like,at one of the spotโ€™s where I was trying my luck,for some walleyeโ€™s. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž
Hi Red ..When I lived in Wasaga Beach Back in the 70s and 80s we used to fish the rapids at night in the Nottawasaga River and had very good luck...for Walleye and Pike. I have not river fished in I don't know how many years....

Hi Red ..When I lived in Wasaga Beach Back in the 70s and 80s we used to fish the rapids at night in the Nottawasaga River and had very good luck...for Walleye and Pike. I have not river fished in I don't know how many years....
A fantastic tip @Thirstystone and thanks! ๐Ÿ‘ Walleyeโ€™s being nocturnal hunters,I will definitely give the rapids a try the next time at night,and what were you using in the rapids,( twister tailโ€™s,rapalaโ€™s,etc.), to catch these walleyeโ€™s back then in the Nottawasaga River
if you donโ€™t mind me asking? Thanks in advance. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
lol ๐Ÿ˜ @Thirstystone !! our cover at โ€œTimmieโ€™sโ€ View attachment 84312 has been blown!! ๐Ÿ™„ Maybe @Fishermanpaul and I will need to โ€œmeet upโ€ at a McDonalds View attachment 84313 View attachment 84318 View attachment 84319 the next time!! ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜— ๐Ÿคฃ View attachment 84314 sometimes,some of this in the coffeeโ€™s on those cold ๐Ÿฅถ mornings while fishing,doesnโ€™t hurt either!! ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
Is that steelhead from the thames?? My dad has caught a couple, but I have never been lucky to be graced by the presence of a beautiful steelhead from the thames... I have caught one brown though a handful of years ago... also McDonalds it is now that timmies is exposed ;) ahah

Is that steelhead from the thames?? My dad has caught a couple, but I have never been lucky to be graced by the presence of a beautiful steelhead from the thames... I have caught one brown though a handful of years ago... also McDonalds it is now that timmies is exposed ;) ahah
Yes @Fishermanpaul it is a steelhead from the Thames River I caught while I was fishing for walleyeโ€™s with a 1/4 ounce jig head,and with a chartreuse twister tail. You will catch a steelhead @Fishermanpaul when you least expect it like I did on that particular day,
View attachment IMG_5876.mov

while I was targeting walleyeโ€™s. Meet you at McDonalds the next time!! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚

Attachments

• IMG_5878.jpeg
    IMG_5878.jpeg
    673.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5874.jpeg
    IMG_5874.jpeg
    240 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5858.jpeg
    IMG_5858.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 17
Yes @Fishermanpaul it is a steelhead from the Thames River I caught while I was fishing for walleyeโ€™s with a 1/4 ounce jig head,and with a chartreuse twister tail. You will catch a steelhead @Fishermanpaul when you least expect it like I did on that particular day,
View attachment 84329

while I was targeting walleyeโ€™s. Meet you at McDonalds the next time!! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚
Wow thatโ€™s amazing, Iโ€™m super jealous!! Great catch for sure

As a kid we trolled the river often out of a 14 foot aluminum boat at what they call Pickerel Point (Or in @Red Hering language Walleye Point) in the Thamesville area with great success. There are definitely hundreds of great spots along the river for spring walleye fishing from shore and many more accessible spots on private property that produce extremely well with permission from the land owner. over the years I've had some absolutely amazing outings shore fishing the Thames between Chatham and Bothwell from shore and met some great people in the process
lol ๐Ÿ˜ @Fshrmn4life Walleye Pointโ€ฆsounds โ€œsoooโ€ much better,my friend!! lol ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŸ

Attachments

• IMG_3610.jpeg
    IMG_3610.jpeg
    296.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2844.jpeg
    IMG_2844.jpeg
    427.8 KB · Views: 4
Wow thatโ€™s amazing, Iโ€™m super jealous!! Great catch for sure
It was a great catch for sure ๐Ÿ‘ @Fishermanpaul and unexpected as mentioned as well. I havenโ€™t caught a walleye yet in 2024 so far,and perhaps if I target rainbows & brown trout instead, I might get an unexpected catch,like my first Thames River walleye of 2024,instead of a trout!! lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ I prefer trout over walleyeโ€™s any day,due to their fighting ability! Each year, I hear more trout are being caught on the Thames River,and there is some good looking water to fish in on the Thames River,to target the rainbow & brown trout. Tight lines & hopefully ๐Ÿคž a trout on for you one day, @Fishermanpaul ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

A fantastic tip @Thirstystone and thanks! ๐Ÿ‘ Walleyeโ€™s being nocturnal hunters,I will definitely give the rapids a try the next time at night,and what were you using in the rapids,( twister tailโ€™s,rapalaโ€™s,etc.), to catch these walleyeโ€™s back then in the Nottawasaga River
if you donโ€™t mind me asking? Thanks in advance. ๐ŸŽฃ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚
We used 3 or 4 inch jointed Rapalas, and moved it very slowly upstream and paused every few minutes... The silver and black ones.

We used 3 or 4 inch jointed Rapalas, and moved it very slowly upstream and paused every few minutes... The silver and black ones.
Good to know @Thirstystone ๐Ÿ‘ I definitely have that size & colour of jointed Rapalaโ€™s,and on my next Thames River walleye trip out, I will try that. I will report back after my next trip out,and thanks for getting back to me. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks