Off Topic Leaky Waders

naturehasit

Hello Gentlemen
I am interested to get some advises from those who have owned waders before/now. Primarily chest waders.
What do you use to patch a leaky wader as the title says?
Especially the heel on the fixed booth to the neoprene material
And of course the newprene material
Glue/resin,tape etc??

Aquaseal is a great wader repair which adheres to neoprene, nylon, vinyl, canvas, GORE-TEX® fabrics and rubber.

1621012533835.png

Last edited:
I have used bicycle tube repair kit with limited success. No mater what I do it always looks like I took a pee in the waders when I take them off.......lol

Thanks for the 2 suggestions
Any others have anything else they would like to advise using?
Would like to see all my options to choose the best one available to me

I fixed a 2" cut on the heel of my stocking foot last summer with aqua seal and a couple strips of spandex. Now after the fall and spring. Ive got a few leeks but its not one.

Aquaseal is without question your best option. Fill the waders with water, use a marker to circle any leaks, dry waders and apply a thin layer of aquaseal to each leaky area. Be sure to have the area to be repaired lying as flat as possible.

Josh

We use waders daily here . I have used Aquaseal for years with good results . Recently have been trying marine or plumbing "GOOP " from CTC . Not yet sure but the goop works well possibly not quite as good as aquaseal but much cheaper.

Usually I use Marine Goop but recently tried that Flex Seal spray on a pair of boots and it is working... so far.
The manufacturers of waders caught on years ago to use cheaper off shore makers that needless to say use cheaper rubber on the boot section causing them to dry out quicker, hence more sales in waders. If anybody remembers Red Ball waders you knew those baby's would wear like iron and would last for years.

There is no better way to seal wader leaks than Aquaseal in my opinion period. I've tried lots of different ways but Aquaseal blows them all away.

Reactions: Jay
I have a pair of 40year old plus hip waders. I use AquaSeal whenever they spring another leak. So far so good,...., maybe I'll get another 40 years out of them....

WR

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks