ITS OPEN!.Now where to go?

Tboz

I assume most of us are happy to be getting one of our freedoms back. As long as we are cautious, courteous and smart i am hopeful this will all work out. Wondering a couple of things and would like your thoughts...

1. Has anyone discussed with the marinas or municipal launches to see what the protocol will be?

2. Where does everyone want to go wet ur line first.

I am assuming Saturday may be a madhouse rush. I might just stay away for the first weekend.. not sure. Stay safe everyone...

Tboz

I would be interesed in perch fishing with the kids, but not sure where on Erie. Puddle Jumper, I would also be interested in salmon fishing on Lake O as well, never been, but I only run dipsyes, so not sure if that would work or not.

Would west side of LPB still be holding some nice sized Pike? Would like to take my 15 year old for some fun...

I would be interesed in perch fishing with the kids, but not sure where on Erie. Puddle Jumper, I would also be interested in salmon fishing on Lake O as well, never been, but I only run dipsyes, so not sure if that would work or not.
Nothing wrong with Dipsy divers .get allot of salmon on them.

When I take my own boat out (14' 20 hp with perfect forcast) i fish straight out from either Bronte or 16 mile (oakville Yaht club) launches ....drop lines @ 80 fow troll out to 120 fow max turn around then target what ever depth range I Mark most fish
If I head east or west ...i never go more than a mile from mouth before tuŕning around

I only have 1 rigger in that boat so I run 1 rigger , 2 dipsy and usually a 10 colour leadcore out the shute

Moonshine ...wonderbread, and JJ McMuffin at first light ....also use greasy chicken , blue berry muffin and yellow tail spoons

If those don't produce ...change up lead on ŕigger, distance on dipsy ...then lure colours and sizes.

As morning night slows down I have often but ripplin redfins down ....with great success.

Most of your Erie tackle and techniques will work for salmon also

When we say west part of LPB is this actually east of the fish sanctuary? Thanks. Just learning the area....

I assume most of us are happy to be getting one of our freedoms back. As long as we are cautious, courteous and smart i am hopeful this will all work out. Wondering a couple of things and would like your thoughts...

1. Has anyone discussed with the marinas or municipal launches to see what the protocol will be?

2. Where does everyone want to go wet ur line first.

I am assuming Saturday may be a madhouse rush. I might just stay away for the first weekend.. not sure. Stay safe everyone...

Tboz
I for one,@Tboz will definitely stay away from the madhouse rush at any boat ramps this saturday,& especially with this long weekend on top of that!! Next week through the week suits me just fine,as long as the winds are tolerable for boating/fishing & tight lines!! ? ????

My son is jumping up and down like the night he found out he was going to be a daddy. HaHaHa!!!
We will skip the weekend mad house and launch off Bronte for salmon next week. He is looking for another 30 pounder that can rip up and down like the one he had on two years ago. 30 pounds is respectable but the way it took off and run...he thought he had Moby Dick. I did not know the old Penn 309 could make those noises. LOL!!! Happy happy happy boy!!

Judging by the weather, it's got to be Lake Ontario tomorrow. The weather is absolutely amazing on Lake Ontario. Lake Erie not so much... For now, that is. I am thinking Foran's Marina or Jordan... The other month, just before the lockdown, we were under attack by lakers and it was a blast! I called both marinas, nobody is answering the phone. Same with SCGFA. Was anyone able to talk to them?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks