ITS OPEN!.Now where to go?

On fire with what big rod perch or walleye
Walleye go west out of the marina about 1.5 miles and look for a giant house with a fancy breakwall ,there will be boats in that general area.15 to 26 f.ow.

My boat has been in the water at Forans for the past 5 weeks so I am good for tomorrow morning.

Forans still have the ramp blocked off but I would anticipate it coming down later today. I will be at my boat later this evening and will let you know.

Was at the SCGFA ramp in Port Dalhousie this morning and they have the main barriers taken down already and just have cones up. I would think they will be open very early tomorrow morning based on this.

OK, I spoke with real living people and not auto-answering machines
1. SCGFA opens at midnight
2. Jordans opens at 5 am

• This was just sent in from Turkey point marina

• We are so excited that Premiere Doug Ford announced today that marinas are allowed to re-open May 16th. We will therefore resume our regular hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 7 days a week this Saturday.

As mandated by the local Health Unit, at this time, we will still continue to use the following procedures for the health and safety of you, our customers, as well as our staff:
    • Launching is by appointment only 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
    • Please call Tracey in the office 519-426-6795 to schedule an appointment.
    • You will be required to stop and register at the office before proceeding to the ramp.
    • Please arrive promptly for your appointment by not being too early or too late.
  • The great response of the public in following mandatory COVID-19 practices has made this possible. Please remember that we are still in a pandemic state and only groups of 5 people are allowed. Please continue to practice social distancing for everyone’s health and safety. We look forward to seeing you “at a social distance”, of course.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we all work through this new way of operating which may require some changes.

More details will follow so we can all look forward to enjoying this year’s boating season.

Thank you and stay safe,
    MacDonald Turkey Point Management and Staff

Edit: Replaced with link to article. Please don't cut and paste content that be under copyright.

Last edited by a moderator:
30lbs is respectable? Um you obviously don't know what a real 30lb king is. It doesn't get much better/bigger. 35lbs in Ontario is a mount for alot of guys. BTW 35lbs measures about 48 inches. So your 30 , which it obviously probably wasn't, would measured 40 inches plus. Respectable is an overwhelming understatement.
Why ? Where you there ? Be happy for the man and his son to have such of experience
Winter and covidnet is over get on with it

My son is jumping up and down like the night he found out he was going to be a daddy. HaHaHa!!!
We will skip the weekend mad house and launch off Bronte for salmon next week. He is looking for another 30 pounder that can rip up and down like the one he had on two years ago. 30 pounds is respectable but the way it took off and run...he thought he had Moby Dick. I did not know the old Penn 309 could make those noises. LOL!!! Happy happy happy boy!!
Oh, the great memories I have of hearing my 309s spooling and leaving me flabbergasted...my biggest ever was 31.13 in 1984... I was hooked for years then I met Lady Erie

Nothing wrong with Dipsy divers .get allot of salmon on them.

When I take my own boat out (14' 20 hp with perfect forcast) i fish straight out from either Bronte or 16 mile (oakville Yaht club) launches ....drop lines @ 80 fow troll out to 120 fow max turn around then target what ever depth range I Mark most fish
If I head east or west ...i never go more than a mile from mouth before tuŕning around

I only have 1 rigger in that boat so I run 1 rigger , 2 dipsy and usually a 10 colour leadcore out the shute

Moonshine ...wonderbread, and JJ McMuffin at first light ....also use greasy chicken , blue berry muffin and yellow tail spoons

If those don't produce ...change up lead on ŕigger, distance on dipsy ...then lure colours and sizes.

As morning night slows down I have often but ripplin redfins down ....with great success.

Most of your Erie tackle and techniques will work for salmon also
Hey Puddle Jumper, would you be going out this coming Saturday? I would be interested in following you out the first time till, or if anyone else is going out I would like to tag along if all goes well with work.

Hey Puddle Jumper, would you be going out this coming Saturday? I would be interested in following you out the first time till, or if anyone else is going out I would like to tag along if all goes well with work.
I am watching the weather closely
I usually fish with friends who have bigger boats suitable for great lakes , but with Covid and bylaws , It looks like I will be doing some solo trips in my 14' tinnie so I will need calm / flat lake

I am hoping Friday is good as I'm on holidays this week and next and had to cancel my Northern Ontario fishing trip I'm Hoping to chase salmon on Lake O

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks