If you're looking for a new kicker...

Good call @Red Hering for not taking a swing at that lowball...

white sox baseball GIF by NBC Sports Chicago

@snaapz Congratulations on your 9.9 hp Mercury and I wish that my experience there at Hully Gully would of turned out much better. I was trying to buy a 9.9 Mercury from there a couple of weeks ago,but Ben and I talked over the phone,and he would only offer me $700 for my 2007 ProKicker 4 stroke Mercury outboard motor!! Mind you though,it is running a little rough right now,and the carburetor just needs a good cleaning.But,still worth more than $700!! Apparently,there is a 2005(2 years older than mine),on Kijiji for $2,500!! I decided to keep my 9.9 Mercury for now,and repair the carburetor. Enjoy your new 9.9 Mercury outboard motor. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
Thanks @Wave Runner for letting me know about the Kijiji ad. I knew that my motor was worth a lot more than $700!! 😉👊👍🙂

That $700 offer is nothing more than a total insult, don't worry you will get 3X+ for it selling on your own. (y)
Yea that's how trade in works though. They'll clean the carb, replace $10 worth of parts and sell it for 2500. Same with cars. I don't blame them, they are a business after all.

Look in person. You will see the difference. metal thickness, fit and finish etc...
Not saying that they are both not good, but there is definately a difference, even though they are both made in the same factory.

My son blew up my tohatsu 9.9 kicker by careless misadventure while waterskiing with his buddies . I replaced it with an 8hp merc. They are exactly the same motor with different hoods, paint and tiller handles. You can slap the hood from the tohatsu right onto the merc and vice versa. Internals are pretty much identical. I had a chance to look at them in detail side by side

Xtreme has a used Merc 9.9 pro kicker electric, power trim..$2500 without controls. Maybe they're selling yours!!!!
No @DaveJ that’s not my Merc 9.9 pro kicker electric/manual with power trim ...$2500 @Xtreme Marine. My Merc 9.9 pro kicker is still bolted on my transom on my boat. 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 22366FC0-3981-41C5-B529-95633E3FDFE3.jpeg
    22366FC0-3981-41C5-B529-95633E3FDFE3.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 26
  • 380478AF-32A9-41BE-8297-CD14C1CD40F4.jpeg
    380478AF-32A9-41BE-8297-CD14C1CD40F4.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 24
Are you still waiting to have yours worked on? I just used Advanced Motor Sports on Dexter Line between Union and Pt Stanley and they were great.
@DaveJ yes I am still
waiting to have my Merc 9.9 worked on,and thanks for letting me know about Advanced Motor. I want to run some Sea Foam through my motor today that was also suggested by @Sportfish 2050 I will let my Merc 9.9 sit for a day,(to hopefully clean out the carburetor),and then I will see how it runs after that.I tried fresh gasoline & Star Tron a few day’s ago as well through my 9.9 Merc outboard motor.I will make a appointment somewhere,if the Sea Foam doesn’t fix the problem & thanks for your time and help. 🚤👍🙂

@DaveJ yes I am still
waiting to have my Merc 9.9 worked on,and thanks for letting me know about Advanced Motor. I want to run some Sea Foam through my motor today that was also suggested by @Sportfish 2050 I will let my Merc 9.9 sit for a day,(to hopefully clean out the carburetor),and then I will see how it runs after that.I tried fresh gasoline & Star Tron a few day’s ago as well through my 9.9 Merc outboard motor.I will make a appointment somewhere,if the Sea Foam doesn’t fix the problem & thanks for your time and help. 🚤👍🙂
What's wrong with it Red?

Oh boy
I just went through this with the 2004 Nissan 9.8 stroke I just sold. I did all the regular stuff including

--fuel filter
--carb clean
--replaced hose/bulb assembly
--replaced the screen on the end of the fuel pickup in the tank
--checked the fuel pump diaphrams

Still would choke out at high throttle.

Advantage stripped the carb, cleaned it..there was a diaphragm in the carb that was no good so it was replaced. Ran perfect after.

Oh boy
I just went through this with the 2004 Nissan 9.8 stroke I just sold. I did all the regular stuff including

--fuel filter
--carb clean
--replaced hose/bulb assembly
--replaced the screen on the end of the fuel pickup in the tank
--checked the fuel pump diaphrams

Still would choke out at high throttle.

Advantage stripped the carb, cleaned it..there was a diaphragm in the carb that was no good so it was replaced. Ran perfect after.
@DaveJ thanks for your time & your help on what could be the issue on my Mercury 9.9 hp outboard motor. I am adding some Sea Foam Marine Pro next,(other 68 member’s suggested it to me to try),into my gasoline tank & I am confident that this product will fix my issue that my Mercury 9.9 hp has.If not,the fuel pump & carburetor diaphragm are next. Thanks again & be safe 😷 and eventually,we hopefully all will be back on the water,after this latest lockdown is over!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Just a heads up...in my search for a new kicker, I found that Hully Gully has some non-current Yamahas that they purchased..brand new 2017s. I picked up an 8hp long shaft at a good price.

So I picked up my motor today and on my way out (signing papers) I said "Oh ya, I am here because of the thread on channel 6-8". Ben said you were there this morning; I said "I am here thanks to Daves post; up until now I only dealt with Xtreme".

Go get your gift card for the referral; they are well aware they have a new long term customer and a nice sale thanks to you. Jeffrey H --- Merc 9.9.

Jeff..thanks my man!! Ben was super appreciative of the business..has had 2 68 sales with s couple of turn downs cause they ran out of engines! Hes talking about a photo contest with gift cards..I'm trying to convince him to advertise on 68..best bang for his buck. I said if he has specials let me know and I'll pass on to 68 people 1st. Oh and what do you want for your cut??

Jeff..thanks my man!! Ben was super appreciative of the business..has had 2 68 sales with s couple of turn downs cause they ran out of engines! Hes talking about a photo contest with gift cards..I'm trying to convince him to advertise on 68..best bang for his buck. I said if he has specials let me know and I'll pass on to 68 people 1st. Oh and what do you want for your cut??

Cut? Directions to your top 3 secret fishing holes!

:happy:

All good, win win situation.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks