Ice Fishing Season Poll

Will we have an ice fishing season on Long Point Bay in 2022/23?

• Yes, break out the cleats!

Votes: 78 82.1%
  • No, Climate Change wins ;(

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yes hunting with a partner is smarter..

for LPB we did use Port Rowan weather reports just down the road when we lived in booths harbour

ya I spent more of my ice fishing west on LSC & thames river...still did plenty of fishin on frozen LPB

we mixed it up with family weekend snowmobiling from our property Rovers Roost on Bayview down to turkey point Park for a 50k run..both my boat & my dads boats were there for summer time..I loved the lighthouse salmon & then the bows..and when that dried up..the huron salmon boom kicked in..we were fishin owen sound salmon as well started there way back late 70s..

once my parents retired early from London..we celebrated the purchase of first Florida property and I went on to become a saltwater angler..fishin favourites like grouper & kingfish

the clock is ticking, wheres your fishin..for me right here on the pacific..Iam sitting on shore..but I will be down checking the marina.. boats coming in for action..full moon Dec. 7th ..last night it was a full moon..did not see the sliver less.

if your willing to travel..there should be plenty of ice fishin oppurtunity..I spent many of weekends ice fishing on nippissing with are quads..stayed at family home in Sunridge..fished lake Berdard whitefish..

And our MNR got the timing right for free family fishing weekend..

February 18-20, 2023

Four times a year, Canadian residents can fish in Ontario for free. This means you do not need to buy a fishing licence if you want to fish during: Family Fishing Weekend (February 18-20, 2023) Mother's Day Weekend (May 13-14, 2023)

is there anybody here that does not go ice fishing? well heres your chance to go ice fishing for free and get paid to do it..

Last edited:
is there anybody here that does not go ice fishing? well heres your chance to go ice fishing for free and get paid to do it..
I don't go ice fishin and there are 2 reasons why.

1) After having a successful spring and summer of fishing for fish most years, by the end of Sept if not sooner, my freezer is full, and since I lived where I lived, you know, where it really does get to quote our favorite CTV weather personality "bitterly cold," I hibernate beginning here Oct 1 (when I lived there it was mid to late August when the first snow fell, and it was ALWAYS snowing that early. I've seen it snow in every month and seeing it snow in July sucks, but given the ice wasn't off the lake until late June every year I lived there, I guess it shouldn't have surprised me) and but for twice, once this year, and once last year when @tailfeathers convinced me to come out of said hibernation for a day, I generally stay in hibernation and rarely leave the house unless absolutely necessary during fall and winter, (or as I call it, hockey season) until my other season, (fishing season) comes again in late April or early May, and

2) The last time I did attempt to do this 'ice fishin' thing, (I was still in my teens) I not only didn't catch anything that day, I got VERY ill afterwards, then we moved to that place alluded to above where it does get "bitterly cold" and you couldn't pay me to go ice fishin there, so I decided that since I can make ice in my freezer at home, there was no need to go sit out in the cold and try to catch it, and thus began my annual hibernation way back in 1986 before I was 17 years old. ;)

Did someone post about how he likes to wear female panties and dance around the kitchen while they cook dinner and smoke a Brisket
Im Confused where this come from
Yes, but one of the mods caught it, or was it posted by one the mods?

Well, speaking of frozen dead bodies ;) , the poll has closed and the majority of respondents believe there will be a Long Point Ice Fishing season! Stay safe out there if you go! I, for one, am waiting for @jammer to test things out... and I will be wearing cleats this year, if I go.
Grim Reaper Halloween GIF

Just checked the Londontown 14-day weather forecast. If correct, today looks to be the last +ve temp day in the next 2 weeks ❄️☃️🥶🧣🥗🍨🧦🧊
im itching to try some new ice rods and gear, let’s hope that 2 week weather forecast pans out 🎣 also my 3 year old grandson gets his first fishing rod from poppy I’m not letting Santa get the credit for it lol
wish you all a Merry Fishmas Christmas !
JJ

im itching to try some new ice rods and gear, let’s hope that 2 week weather forecast pans out 🎣 also my 3 year old grandson gets his first fishing rod from poppy I’m not letting Santa get the credit for it lol
wish you all a Merry Fishmas Christmas !
JJ
I'm also itching to use my rod in the ole ice shanty soon 😁

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks