Ice Fishing Season Poll

Will we have an ice fishing season on Long Point Bay in 2022/23?

• Yes, break out the cleats!

Votes: 78 82.1%
  • No, Climate Change wins ;(

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
so are we looking for an early spring? I knew I shouldn't have taken the battery out of my KingFisher.... dam it.

Next few weeks look cold maybe short season???
I booked a hut just in case for Feb 12th or 26th ice depending 🤞
@Derkd9 I love your optimism,👍👍 and I am hoping as well for an ice fishing season ahead in February,and perhaps even continuing into the early part of March,2023!! I was just telling @Extra Virgin recently while we were thames river walleye fishing,that year’s ago,it looked like that an ice fishing season on long bay wasn’t going to happen that year. But,it did,and I ended up getting a deal on a portable ice hut,and ice fishing lure’s,a ice fishing rod,etc., because the tackle store that I dealt with that year,was giving up on the ice fishing season. I won’t go as far as booking an ice hut in February,2023,such as yourself because you are likely going with a group,and I usually go “solo”,and I like to be on the move,and searching out on long point bay,and trying to find the “Hot Perch Bite!!” I will be going through my ice fishing tackle today,and checking to see if my ice auger blade’s need sharpening,and also “airing” out my portable ice hut,etc. Here’s hoping 🤞 for an ice fishing season for you,myself & other’s! Keep Warm!! 🥶 & Stay Safe & Tight Lines & Perch ON!! to All,if by chance,that there is an upcoming ice fishing season,in 2023! Last years video.
View attachment IMG_2450.MOV
🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞😉👍😎

I'm typing this whilst sitting in the bright sun on my deck in jeans and a hoodie. It feels like a mid-March or early April morning. Stating the obvious, I think 82% of us were wrong about an ice fishing season on Long Point Bay this year! I guess one could count the couple of days when daredevils ventured out as a "season", but it was a far cry from last year! On the bright side, it never got cold enough to cause frost that might threaten to heave my new fenceposts. They still look sorta straight/even.

I'm typing this whilst sitting in the bright sun on my deck in jeans and a hoodie. It feels like a mid-March or early April morning. Stating the obvious, I think 82% of us were wrong about an ice fishing season on Long Point Bay this year! I guess one could count the couple of days when daredevils ventured out as a "season", but it was a far cry from last year! On the bright side, it never got cold enough to cause frost that might threaten to heave my new fenceposts. They still look sorta straight/even.
😢

Maybe we I’ll be able to go ice fishing from my boat in a few weeks

Should be an early start for walleye on the Detroit River!
Here’s hoping 🤞 @stomp that the walleye’s going up the Detroit River,will keep on going right up into the Thames River as well like always in the past,because for once,( it’s been awhile), that we could have a decent Spring Thames River walleye run,before the Walleye sanctuary starts, on the East side of the Keil Bridge in Chatham,where I normally like to fish for walleye’s. For now,I am waiting for the Thames River to drop back down again from the recent rain & the melting snow that we just had,and
View attachment IMG_6106.MOV
eventually,perhaps,Walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍👍🙂

Attachments

• E62BC540-4D3A-42A9-BD47-BC88A5DBAC72.jpeg
    E62BC540-4D3A-42A9-BD47-BC88A5DBAC72.jpeg
    245.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks