Ice Fishing Season Poll

Will we have an ice fishing season on Long Point Bay in 2022/23?

• Yes, break out the cleats!

Votes: 78 82.1%
  • No, Climate Change wins ;(

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn't there a post about people putting up a portable at 7 fow there already when it froze 1st time? This should already count as an ice season :)

I don't ice fish, the only hard things I want over the water are fiberglass, wood and aluminum. To be honest, it scares me.

I certainly hope we get a good hard water season this year. Sadly I will drive to the bay every weekend that there is good ice but only brought my boat down once this year and that was in the fall. There aren't as many honey-do items in the winter I guess.

Suppose to be a cold December and a warmer Jan/Feb. I hope the bay freezes over good last year was my first year fishing it and was a good time.

I like my ice in an Old Fashioned glass but then again I am not a die hard fisherman so I will sit beside my fireplace and listen to the ice melt in my glass and read Fishing Reports right here on Stomps Long Point Page. I hope everyone Full Buckets but most of all your return to terra firma !

If Mother Nature is kind and provides a nice slab of ice that's safe to venture on,I'll be giving it a go.

We used to pull out our two sleds to St Claire and set up a nice suitcase hut with a heater in it. We fished in t-shirts with sonar and a fish cam set up in the hut. The best part was wondering around, it was like there were little cities that popped up and EVERYONE was friendly and helpful. We need a guide now and a rented hut.

Voted who cares only because I like the warmth. But with the way the winds are blowing this year again if it makes ice it will probably blow away.
Like reading your reports though!

Wind was pretty crazy a few days last year when the bay was frozen. Seen buckets, food, and clothing fly by like tumbleweeds in the desert! lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks