I realy dont get it

I want one of these for social distancing... need to do a few measurement checks first to make sure I can get it down the grocery store and pharmacy aisles.

1588437406516.png

Last edited:

Better not doubt quarantine you will end up in the paper

Back in the Soviet Union, people used to earn about $4-$7 dollars a month, which was kinda enough for stocking fridge and that's basically was it. No money you can save. The TV cost you about $30-$40, so if someone would go to a store and buy a TV, the guy in the store (the store was owned by the government of course) would call the authorities, and they would come to your house and ask where did you get the money to buy a TV. Basically, snitching. The snitch would get a reward. And if you were to criticize the government in any way (aka express your opinion that does not match the dogma), you would be risking ending up a few 1000s miles away. There was no such thing as apologies... LOL...

So yeah, if the COVID response initially was panic-based, this can be understood, but it is due that the government officials who made these decisions look back on the decisions they made and re-assess them based on what's known by the science and numbers. Of course they won't but at this point we can hope that in a week things start opening slowly... BTW, the WHO, who of course have no credibility left whatsoever, now praises Sweden, after blasting its response to COVID! And Sweden's response was actually THE common sense one.

Last edited:
I dont think that's what he meant... you are not correct, the liberal party and its " leaders" areas much responsible as anyone. Slow to react. Slow to close borders. SLOW. Costs us all lots... its trickles down...the provincial ford government has some responsibility too especially about the education system. Now on to the local municipal government who just blames the province and the province blames them. You keep mentioning other places.... it really doesnt matter where you live.. it's a world wide issue and common sense means the same here in Ontario as its does in California or Ohio or BC....

Yep! One should remember how the PROVINCIAL governments were begging Aladdin Trudeau to close the airports, and he did not do it. Border control is the responsibility of the federal government and it failed in this one badly. So once Ford and other Premiers started putting police to the airports, slowly the drama teacher started to react. But flights from China were landing in March.

Ticker, funny you never see the liberals on here define the qualities of a conservatice
Actually no, the liberals define the qualities of conservatives all the time. There is a 5-10 word vocabulary that basically summarizes that (this applies more to modern liberals) - racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynistic, and so on.

Put it another way - if a conservative disagrees with liberals, he/she thinks that a liberal is a good person with a bad ideas. If a liberal disagrees with conservative, he/she thinks that a conservative is a bad person. We see it all the time.

It is always interesting to see who is who... this is yet another very revealing thread. I guess with all our differences here, perhaps we all could agree that it is better to have a 1st world problems than a 3rd world problems... So hang in there, 8-9 more days. I can see line ups starting on marinas beginning 12:01 am May 11 :)

I understand the point, but here's the dilemma.

It's been really easy for all of us to be the proverbial "arm chair quarterback" through all of this. Scrutinizing and criticizing every move and decision that's been made, we have all done exactly that. Some of the decisions made, maybe we agree with. Others not so much. But the reality is, we aren't the ones in the position to be making these very difficult decisions when they had to be made, and none of us would want to be in that position.

So as the "arm chair quarterback's" that we are, the real questions are "If I had the same information they were presented with, (which we don't) would I have come to the same conclusion based on that available information they had/have and made the same decisions or would I have done something different? What would I have done were I in their position? What would my play have been?" and we can never responsibly answer that because we don't know everything they knew in making these very difficult decisions. We just know how those decisions impacted each of us on a personal level, and the frustrations we have all been feeling as a result.

As arm chair quarter backs, we make our decisions about whether the decisions were right or wrong, not based necessarily on all available facts, but rather on what's been made available to us, which is never everything they know. It's based on what we think, what we believe, and in many ways that's based on our own (political) points of view and opinions, but the reality is, when the play we're scrutinizing and criticizing doesn't exactly go to plan, or we don't like that call in the first place, we base our decisions, what we would have done instead, on incomplete information, (or inaccurate as may be the case, we really don't know) and because we don't know everything they knew or all the information they were presented with that they used to make these decisions, it circles around back to the first question, "If I had the same information they were presented with (which we don't) would I have come to the same conclusion based on that available information they had/have and made the same decisions, or would I have done something different?"

As arm chair quarter backs, that answer is always, I would have done something different based entirely on what we know, not what they knew, because we already know the outcome and result of the play that they made, but we don't know all the information they were given to make that call and that decision, nor would we have wanted to be in THAT position to be the one making that call and that decision under very difficult circumstances, especially if after making that decision, it was considered to be a glaring mistake and had very real life or death consequences. I don't know about anyone else, but I for one would not and do not ever want to be in the position they were in having to make these decisions. They're not robots. They're not perfect. Nobody is. They're human, and humans, even when they have the best of intentions, we do make mistakes, and whether you align with them politically or not, we often forget that especially if we don't like them on a political level.

I don't believe that any politician in this country right now is responding to this as a Liberal, a Conservative or any of the other many political parties to which they may represent of be affiliated. I really do think they've put that aside for now, and that they're working together in ways we've not seen in a very long time and they're just responding as Canadians and ONLY as Canadians. Maybe we should put aside our political points of view and just be Canadians for a while. We might surprise ourselves with just how much we have in common if we were to do that.
The main takeaway is this these were not that difficult of decisions to make probably. You can call them human which is true ut in reality my 9 year old knew enough to shut the borders down..... everybody knows the proper decision to do with school in Ontario yet our human political crew cant seem to get a handle on it ...its times like this leadership shows it true colors

If they could get the kids back safely, the last month would be important, especially for the senior grades. 39%'s are being bumped up to 51% and pass, with no final exam's in the last month, then passed off into the real world with no clue, ask those in business about the quality educated they were getting before this shit happened?
Sorry the teach's can't start summer break early, but they are being paid, and as far as I know, are in this with everyone else and should still be working preparing on-line learning.
I do agree, unless the ground hog see's his shadow again, and this crud leaves tomorrow, there's not going to be any more school this year, but the teach's are still required, to do their part?

Fingers crossed for the 12th, but with everyone out, the curve may not flatten but bulge.

I don't care if people want to blame the government for what's going on
Sorry, I said this before. Don't really care what they're doing in the US. We live in Canada and it's Canadian laws and regulations we have to abide by.

You are talking yourself in circles.... so which Canadian laws do we abide by?
You are talking about the Canadian laws that differ ever 30 miles you drive down the road! LOL no more bs about Canadian laws.
And this is a direct reflection of our government. You are wrong to say it isn’t!
And yes we should care about what the USA is doing because it directly affects us!

You are talking about the Canadian laws that differ ever 30 miles you drive down the road! LOL no more bs about Canadian laws.
And this is a direct reflection of our government. You are wrong to say it isn’t!
And yes we should care about what the USA is doing because it directly affects us!
Comlplety agree...well said

so,,,,with the marinas opening for business tomorrow,,,, is anyone getting their boat in the water who have slips??? and when the ramps do open where and what are you going to fish for??? no political answers please...lol ? ??
nobody will be putting their boats in the water...the lifting of the restrictions on marinas says they can start working getting boats ready..spring start up...NOONE is allowed at their dock at a marina...we took a drive to Port Bruce today..no docks in the water so i'm assuming Greg can get his docks in, get the boats ready..but nobody will be able to access their boat..soon, folks, soon..maybe by May 2-4??

I will be expecting to see a number of 6-8 members running for office in the next Municipal, Provincial, or Federal elections.

If you can do a better job........prove it!

nobody will be putting their boats in the water...the lifting of the restrictions on marinas says they can start working getting boats ready..spring start up...NOONE is allowed at their dock at a marina...we took a drive to Port Bruce today..no docks in the water so i'm assuming Greg can get his docks in, get the boats ready..but nobody will be able to access their boat..soon, folks, soon..maybe by May 2-4??
I towed buddies boat to inner bay yesterday. They launched it and it's in the water. They have a slip boat house for the season. Not sure what you are talking about but your are not correct

I will be expecting to see a number of 6-8 members running for office in the next Municipal, Provincial, or Federal elections.

If you can do a better job........prove it!

In Canada, people are allowed to have an opinion and express it without putting their name on the ballot. It's one of those freedoms we get. If you voted, you have a bit more of a right but even those that didn't are still allowed to say their piece. Are you suggesting that this should not be the case?

Are you saying follow the US lead? Their expert's just reported the death toll will double and then some in the next couple week's, King Donny drink Lysol is just fuming, his rating's are going down and he can't take that, you going to follow that shit? That's called a Lemming, we don't have them here in Canada

so,,,,with the marinas opening for business tomorrow,,,, is anyone getting their boat in the water who have slips??? and when the ramps do open where and what are you going to fish for??? no political answers please...lol ? ??

As you know Pocono, I don't own a boat :cry: still working on changing that some day tho, ;) but I'll tell ya this, the first real nice day after they open the pier in Pt Bruce again, I intend to be on it and I really don't care what I catch that first time out. I never do. More a test of the equipment than it is a targeted trip. If I get skunked I get skunked and I won't complain about it. I'll just be happy to be out of the house and out of my yard. (as I am every year when under "normal circumstances" I've ended my annual self imposed 7 month hibernation in mid to late April.)

But if I happen to hook into a walleye or some perch worth bringing home, then I'll have some house guests and I won't complain about that either. :)

You abide by ALL Canadian laws, whether provincial or federal. We don't get to pick and choose whether we're going to ignore certain of them or not, and for those who do and get caught, there are consequences.

There are provincial laws and there are federal laws and they do sometimes overlap. When you break a provincial law, you are charged with a provincial offense, and if you are found guilty and sentenced to jail, you serve that time in a provincial correctional facility ie the Elgin Middlesex detention center.

IF you break federal law, you're charged according to the criminal code of Canada. If you are convicted and sentenced to jail of 2 years or more, you're not going to a provincial jail, you'll serve your time in a federal prison. But I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and assume that I didn't really have to explain that to you, because you already knew that.

30 miles down the road and the laws change? That doesn't happen ANYWHERE in this country. But I'll give you credit for the attempt.

I have already said in multiple posts that we all know mistakes have been made at all levels of government.

On your last point, normally I would agree with that, and in many other aspects I still do. But when it comes to Covid 19.....sorry, not this time and this is why.

The US has a population that is 8x bigger than we have here in Canada, BUT, they have 20x more cases, and 20x more deaths.

USA # of cases 1,207,552 # of new cases(since yesterday)+19,430 # of total deaths=69,374

Canada # of cases 60,616 # of new cases (since yesterday)+1,142 # of total deaths=3,842

These numbers come from this website which I check every day. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

In order to match the total number of cases the US has, you'd have to take the total number of cases the next 10 countries have combined before you reach that total, and for deaths you'd need to combine the next 3 countries to match the death toll in the US to date. That included countries like Spain, Italy, China, the Uk, France and Russia. (Canada is 11th or 12th on the list.)

Sorry, but on this one, I think I'll listen to our people over the Americans. Our people have made mistakes, but we as a nation have done far better in how we've handled this thing than they have in the US. Slow to respond or not. It could have been a lot worse here if our flawed and F&*^ed up politicians hadn't done what they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks