I realy dont get it

Good news today Rimrod, looks like we are close to going back on the water soon. We will be too busy posting our catches instead of throwing jabs.

Oh no, the jabs will still be thrown, they just won't be so political. Instead they'll be about who caught the bigger fish, who lost the most fish, who got skunked or who has the nicer boat.:LOL:

Those are easy for all of us to take! Hopefully clean and wax the beast this weekend and get it ready. Price of gas is cheap enough can put some premium in and not screw around with the ethanol.

Ticker, funny you never see the liberals on here define the qualities of a conservatice
Its not just the conservatives include green and Ndp I dont hear them keep talking about any subject and its al I , me , my, myself
Rather its us , we are , ours
You can tell in 1 minute in a conversation who is who

Last edited:
Talking with my fishing buddies in OHIO, the ramps are open and have never closed. It was outlined that all people launching boats were very responsible to ensure continued ramp availability. No fisherman/fisher woman wants to create a situation that could force a closure. One boat in, once the launch is clear and the boat has left, the next boat in line can go. One family group per launch dock. Debit tap for payment. It seems rather simple to me. But we live in Liberal Controlled Canada. I agree with High Hopes. I can stand in a 2 hour line around hundreds of people at the superstore to buy a fish fillet. But I can't stay isolated in my boat to catch the same item.

Talking with my fishing buddies in OHIO, the ramps are open and have never closed. It was outlined that all people launching boats were very responsible to ensure continued ramp availability. No fisherman/fisher woman wants to create a situation that could force a closure. One boat in, once the launch is clear and the boat has left, the next boat in line can go. One family group per launch dock. Debit tap for payment. It seems rather simple to me. But we live in Liberal Controlled Canada. I agree with High Hopes. I can stand in a 2 hour line around hundreds of people at the superstore to buy a fish fillet. But I can't stay isolated in my boat to catch the same item.
Hmmm don't be so sure its liberal control
They maybe using the name but I'm pretty sure I smell comarade castro in the midst

But we live in Liberal Controlled Canada.

Sorry, I said this before. Don't really care what they're doing in the US. We live in Canada and it's Canadian laws and regulations we have to abide by. I get it you clearly don't like the Liberal party, but you're blaming the wrong branch of government. It was NOT the Liberal Federal gov't that put the restrictions in place that are keeping you from going out in your boat. That was done at a Provincial level by the current Conservative government in this province and to a lesser extent the municipal level on the advice and guidance of what the provincial government has said.

The Federal gov't has left those decisions and many others up to and in the jurisdiction of each province and territory, and while yes they may be consulting and having discussions between each branch of gov't on what or how to proceed, it is still the provincial governments who are ultimately making these kind of decisions with the support of the federal government.

I don't care if people want to blame the government for what's going on that prevents you from doing what you want, when you want, (we're all in that same situation, not able to do what we want, when we want, you're not the only one being inconvenienced) but if you're going to throw blame at the government, at least blame the right branch of government and the right party responsible. (and while you're doing it, try to remember some dislike most or all politicians anyways and it doesn't matter what party they represent.)

Sorry, I said this before. Don't really care what they're doing in the US. We live in Canada and it's Canadian laws and regulations we have to abide by. I get it you clearly don't like the Liberal party, but you're blaming the wrong branch of government. It was NOT the Liberal Federal gov't that put the restrictions in place that are keeping you from going out in your boat. That was done at a Provincial level by the current Conservative government in this province and to a lesser extent the municipal level on the advice and guidance of what the provincial government has said.

The Federal gov't has left those decisions and many others up to and in the jurisdiction of each province and territory, and while yes they may be consulting and having discussions between each branch of gov't on what or how to proceed, it is still the provincial governments who are ultimately making these kind of decisions with the support of the federal government.

I don't care if people want to blame the government for what's going on that prevents you from doing what you want, when you want, (we're all in that same situation, not able to do what we want, when we want, you're not the only one being inconvenienced) but if you're going to throw blame at the government, at least blame the right branch of government and the right party responsible. (and while you're doing it, try to remember some dislike most or all politicians anyways and it doesn't matter what party they represent.)
I dont think that's what he meant... you are not correct, the liberal party and its " leaders" areas much responsible as anyone. Slow to react. Slow to close borders. SLOW. Costs us all lots... its trickles down...the provincial ford government has some responsibility too especially about the education system. Now on to the local municipal government who just blames the province and the province blames them. You keep mentioning other places.... it really doesnt matter where you live.. it's a world wide issue and common sense means the same here in Ontario as its does in California or Ohio or BC....

Funny - I don’t blame the governments of Canada or the US. Whatsoever! I despise that moistly little trust fund Castro seed, but he and trump have done a decent job with a lot of moving variables. State and provincial govt have done the best they can. It’s government! Therefore it’s a mess. Nope, for me it’s easy. I blame China. China knew this was going down as far back as October and hid it. Then handed it as a special gift to the world. Make sure everyone’s economy tanks, not just ours.

Blame China folks. China did this to us. Now start reading the damn label when you buy something.

I dont think that's what he meant... you are not correct, the liberal party and its " leaders" areas much responsible as anyone. Slow to react. Slow to close borders. SLOW. Costs us all lots... its trickles down...the provincial ford government has some responsibility too especially about the education system. Now on to the local municipal government who just blames the province and the province blames them. You keep mentioning other places.... it really doesnt matter where you live.. it's a world wide issue and common sense means the same here in Ontario as its does in California or Ohio or BC....

Blame

My point was not to lay blame on any specific level of government. Federal, Provincial or Regional. My point is that other societies seem to make boat launches accessible in a safe and controlled manner. This does not exist in Ontario. Seeing that direction tends to come from the top, I did point out Trudeau. Thank You for your point of view.

Always possible I misunderstood. It's happened before. It'll happen again. The points you make while I understand what you're saying, the bottom line is these decisions about the education system, whether you can or cannot launch your boat like you want, what can be open and what can't (what's essential and what isn't) and many of the other things that have been covered by the Provincial declaration of emergency, those are all at the provincial level. It is not the federal government making those decisions and then enforcing them. That is provincial jurisdiction and it will be a provincial offense you face in court IF you are charged with anything related to the provincial declaration. You're not going to face federal charges unless you violate something like the Quarantine Act which has been invoked at the federal level and they say will be enforced.

But you are correct in that each level of government always seems to blame the other and they all pass the buck. Always have and always will. That's why so many people really don't like politicians. They never seem to take responsibility for what they say or do and that isn't confined to just the party you do or do not like. They all do it. The feds say it the provinces, the provinces say its the feds, or a municipal issue, and the municipal level blames the other two for any shortcomings and it really doesn't matter which party they represent. Liberals blame Conservatives. Conservatives blame Liberals, and in the provinces where the NDP have formed government, they get blamed by the other two parties, and honestly, I'm not the one mentioning other places. I haven't brought up what they're doing in the United States. Others have done that. While I did post a link to a news article that showed where each province stands on reopening the other day, I haven't mentioned the other provinces and what they're doing. Not once I have said this is what they're doing in Manitoba, this is what they're doing in Quebec, this is what they're doing in Alberta. Why can't we do that here in Ontario? Why can't our provincial government make a decision? You have done that multiple times as you try to make your points. While yes it is a world wide pandemic, I've said I don't care what they're doing in those other provinces because I don't live there, and provincial laws are not the same in every province. I don't live in another country. I live in Canada in the province of Ontario, so it is primarily Ontario provincial laws and on a more broader sense, Canadian laws that will apply and I really don't care what they're doing in the United States because those laws do not apply to me until or unless I cross that border, which as we all know, currently it is closed to all non essential crossings, so there is NO chance I'll be going to the US any time soon.

But the clouds are starting to clear now. With any luck in a couple weeks, or by the end of the month at the latest if we're lucky, those of you with boats will be out on the water, and those of us who don't will be sitting on piers or beaches and we'll all be much happier and all this incessant bitching and complaining will become good humored ribbing about the one that got away, but more importantly, the ones that didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blame

My point was not to lay blame on any specific level of government. Federal, Provincial or Regional. My point is that other societies seem to make boat launches accessible in a safe and controlled manner. This does not exist in Ontario. Seeing that direction tends to come from the top, I did point out Trudeau. Thank You for your point of view.
OK, As I said I may have misunderstood. It's happened before, and it'll happen again. We all do that from time to time.

My bad, I thought I typed ramrod but either misspelled or spell check. I have not been upset about the country or provinces response. I think all have done a decent job. Don’t think anybody saw this one coming this quick.
Won’t be long now I think. I am not afraid of the ramps, we are all pretty well behaved when we are not coop’d up for 2-3 months.

We all have our opinions, thats why we have such a diversified country, I'm proud to be CANADIAN, there isn't any other country in the world I would rather live, under such a crisis we as Canadians have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Can't be so proud now!!!! Nurses, doctors, cleaners, truck drivers, store clerks and the list goes on I salute all of you!!!!! The municipal, provincial, and federal governments are doing the best they can, they have never dealt with a situation like this before,,, the biggest thing we can do is STAY HOME..WASH YOUR HANDS, and support the ones on the front line....take care of your loved ones,,STAY SAFE AND STRONG MY CANADIAN FRIENDS,,,,,I LOVE CANADA!!!!!!!❤??????????

How lethal is COVD19 ?
The CDC in the States, released some projections and hard facts.
1) COVD19 had a projected between 60K - 240K deaths
2) In 2019 cancer claimed 252,500
3) In 2017 heart disease claimed 269,583
It should also be noted 80% of elderly succumbed to COVD19 obviously due to a weakened immunity system.
I personally believe COVD19 was blown totally out of proportion by media.

We all have our opinions, thats why we have such a diversified country, I'm proud to be CANADIAN, there isn't any other country in the world I would rather live, under such a crisis we as Canadians have gone above and beyond the call of duty. Can't be so proud now!!!! Nurses, doctors, cleaners, truck drivers, store clerks and the list goes on I salute all of you!!!!! The municipal, provincial, and federal governments are doing the best they can, they have never dealt with a situation like this before,,, the biggest thing we can do is STAY HOME..WASH YOUR HANDS, and support the ones on the front line....take care of your loved ones,,STAY SAFE AND STRONG MY CANADIAN FRIENDS,,,,,I LOVE CANADA!!!!!!!❤??????????
Agree with alot you said and disagree with some...that's the great part as you said.. great country... poorly run.. all levels of government made mistakes and some continue to do so. Just because they havent delst with a crisis it's no excuse to make dumb decisions and beg for forgiveness later. This could have been much worse. They should be thankfuk the good people of canada did what they could. The biggest thing we can do is use common sense yes hard for some .staying home is becoming less of a option now with work and business reopening . Someone has to run these....I too salute the others working on the front line as I do.. it's been a roller coaster....

all levels of government made mistakes and some continue to do so. Just because they havent delst with a crisis it's no excuse to make dumb decisions and beg for forgiveness later.

I understand the point, but here's the dilemma.

It's been really easy for all of us to be the proverbial "arm chair quarterback" through all of this. Scrutinizing and criticizing every move and decision that's been made, we have all done exactly that. Some of the decisions made, maybe we agree with. Others not so much. But the reality is, we aren't the ones in the position to be making these very difficult decisions when they had to be made, and none of us would want to be in that position.

So as the "arm chair quarterback's" that we are, the real questions are "If I had the same information they were presented with, (which we don't) would I have come to the same conclusion based on that available information they had/have and made the same decisions or would I have done something different? What would I have done were I in their position? What would my play have been?" and we can never responsibly answer that because we don't know everything they knew in making these very difficult decisions. We just know how those decisions impacted each of us on a personal level, and the frustrations we have all been feeling as a result.

As arm chair quarter backs, we make our decisions about whether the decisions were right or wrong, not based necessarily on all available facts, but rather on what's been made available to us, which is never everything they know. It's based on what we think, what we believe, and in many ways that's based on our own (political) points of view and opinions, but the reality is, when the play we're scrutinizing and criticizing doesn't exactly go to plan, or we don't like that call in the first place, we base our decisions, what we would have done instead, on incomplete information, (or inaccurate as may be the case, we really don't know) and because we don't know everything they knew or all the information they were presented with that they used to make these decisions, it circles around back to the first question, "If I had the same information they were presented with (which we don't) would I have come to the same conclusion based on that available information they had/have and made the same decisions, or would I have done something different?"

As arm chair quarter backs, that answer is always, I would have done something different based entirely on what we know, not what they knew, because we already know the outcome and result of the play that they made, but we don't know all the information they were given to make that call and that decision, nor would we have wanted to be in THAT position to be the one making that call and that decision under very difficult circumstances, especially if after making that decision, it was considered to be a glaring mistake and had very real life or death consequences. I don't know about anyone else, but I for one would not and do not ever want to be in the position they were in having to make these decisions. They're not robots. They're not perfect. Nobody is. They're human, and humans, even when they have the best of intentions, we do make mistakes, and whether you align with them politically or not, we often forget that especially if we don't like them on a political level.

I don't believe that any politician in this country right now is responding to this as a Liberal, a Conservative or any of the other many political parties to which they may represent of be affiliated. I really do think they've put that aside for now, and that they're working together in ways we've not seen in a very long time and they're just responding as Canadians and ONLY as Canadians. Maybe we should put aside our political points of view and just be Canadians for a while. We might surprise ourselves with just how much we have in common if we were to do that.

How lethal is COVD19 ?
The CDC in the States, released some projections and hard facts.
1) COVD19 had a projected between 60K - 240K deaths
2) In 2019 cancer claimed 252,500
3) In 2017 heart disease claimed 269,583
It should also be noted 80% of elderly succumbed to COVD19 obviously due to a weakened immunity system.
I personally believe COVD19 was blown totally out of proportion by media.
Hey @JETHRO , just in case it be real, maybe you should keep Granny's medicine bag handy, in case you done come down with summin' nasty-like. Otherwise you might be joining ole Uncle Jed early.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks