I realy dont get it

highhopes

I can't go fishing in my boat but I can stand in a line up for almost 2 hours at a government place for a driver's license watching all the fighting because it taken so long and across the street bigger lineup for the liqueur store I don't care who gets mad at me for posting this but since this all started we have been working 60 hour weeks because there's no work going to China which is good for us but we need to let of some stress and soon before someone snaps in one of these line ups its getting nasty out there .

I can't go fishing in my boat but I can stand in a line up for almost 2 hours at a government place for a driver's license watching all the fighting because it taken so long and across the street bigger lineup for the liqueur store I don't care who gets mad at me for posting this but since this all started we have been working 60 hour weeks because there's no work going to China which is good for us but we need to let of some stress and soon before someone snaps in one of these line ups its getting nasty out there .
You know.....common sense is long gone ...and there are still some tryimg to justify it ...

I can't go fishing in my boat but I can stand in a line up for almost 2 hours at a government place for a driver's license watching all the fighting because it taken so long and across the street bigger lineup for the liqueur store

I'm not mad with what you posted. Not upset in any way. I get it, and to be honest, I think we all do.

I know some people who may read this will probably dislike it, and I have a fairly good idea who those people might be. I also know some others who may read this and not respond, and others yet who might read it and like what I've said.

I want to go fishing just as bad as anyone else on this forum and because I never do the ice fishing thing and hibernate from October to April, (you know hockey season) We all want to get out. NOW (within the next week) is when I usually make my first trip of the season. (May 5th has been my first trip for the past 2 seasons)

Given the lake didn't really freeze this year, I have a theory that things might start a little earlier this year, so I had considered going a week or so earlier than I normally would. Then all this happened and put an end to that in a hurry. Then they closed the beach and the pier and any thoughts of going fishing until they loosen these restrictions and reopen the beach and pier went away with those closings. My first trips are always to the pier in Pt Bruce. In fact until I met certain people through this forum who have taken me out in their boats, which I have greatly appreciated, ALL my fishing was done from that pier. I don't own a boat and I can't bush wack or stand on a river bank, so I can't go fishing either until they loosen the restrictions and start to reopen things including the beach and the pier. Bitching about it isn't going to do me any good, or change that, so what's the point in bitching about something I can't change?

Things are already getting nasty. Earlier this week when I was in line at No Frills close to home, I was told that apparently a little over a week ago someone went to that same No Frills, didn't want to wait in the line, forced their way through and into the store, caused some damage, and then assaulted one of the workers (by spitting on them). There have been news reports of such things happening elsewhere across the country as well.

When this all started and things started being closed, I made a post about the liquor stores being deemed essential and allowed to remain open. In that post I said I thought it was a mistake, that the purchasing of alcohol was not an essential and that they should not have been deemed essential and almost everyone jumped all over me for it, including people in my own family. I was told I was wrong, and being insensitive to those who are alcoholics who "need" that alcohol so as not to overwhelm the health care system with an influx of withdrawal symptoms and cases. (It was pointed out to me later and something I hadn't thought of at that time, that you can still get alcohol at most grocery stores, some convenience stores and walmart, and an alcoholic while yes they may have their preferences, if they have too, some alcoholics will drink anything with alcohol in it, hence why in the NWT things like scope, listerine etc with alcohol in it are NOT put openly on the shelves. They're kept behind the counters under lock and key)

At that time I also made mention of the pot shops and how they should have been closed to recreational pot use as well. I took a lot of heat about that too, some citing the prescription pot usage, which was NOT what I was talking about. I was making reference to ONLY recreational pot use and made that clear in both the original post and subsequent posts in response to what others had said. Nobody wanted to acknowledge that I had been very clear about that. Because they disagreed with me, I was wrong.

A few weeks later, the gov't shut down the pot shops and strangely enough, there was very little to no opposition to those closings when that happened. But I was wrong and belittled for what I had said a couple weeks earlier.

Now a month or so later many people are bitching and complaining about liquor stores being open when so many other things that "should be open," are not. What changed? Nothing really from then to now, other than its a month later and everyone is going stir crazy wanting things to go back to "normal."

Normal is going to be different once this is over and it's not going to end in the foreseeable near future. They told us that when this all started, and they're still telling us that now. The sooner we all accept that life as we knew it IS going to be changed by all of this, whether we like it or not, the better. We're ll going to have to adapt. Some people just don't want to do that though.

We ALL want things to go back to what they were, or as close to it as possible. Many are losing their patience and don't want to wait any longer. Some for financial reasons, others because they're bored stiff and just want to get out of the house to do something, anything to break the monotony, and others yet simply because they don't believe ANY of this should have happened. Well, it did and wishing it away, and bitching about it isn't going to make it go away any sooner. It is what it is, and they are starting to talk about reopening. That's a good thing and it should be seen as being a good thing.

Is it happening as soon as we may want it too? Nope, but we shouldn't expect that either. Consider this. WE know mistakes have been made in the initial response. WE know mistakes have been made since. If we know that don't think for one minute that those making these decisions don't know it too. Don't think for one minute that because we know it and so do they, that they aren't going to be extremely cautious when they do start to reopen things.

They don't want to make the same kind of mistakes, (or new ones) as they loosen the restrictions and start reopening things because the last thing they want to do is loosen or end all these restrictions, only to have to tighten them again, or worse put them fully in place again because they made yet another mistake and things suddenly get perhaps worse than they are now. They also know at all levels, in the next election, they will be held accountable for these decisions, right or wrong and the mistakes that have been made will be held against them.

Trevor, I just saw your post and I didn't read it but made an observation. You are extremely long winded, more so than almost any other poster on 6-8. This leads me to believe you need to go fishing more than anyone else or at the least get out of the house and associate with fellow fishermen. Again, just an observation and my own opinion. No offense intended.

you need to go fishing more than anyone else or at the least get out of the house and associate with fellow fishermen. Again, just an observation and my own opinion. No offense intended.

No offense taken and YEAH...........I need to get out of the house. I've been hibernating for the past 7 + months by choice before any of this happened. (physical distancing if you wanna call it that) Right now, mid to late April is when I have ALWAYS become a little more active and generally tend to get out of the house a little bit more.

Lots of people are bitching about not being able to get out and do things they were used to for the past what is it now 6 weeks or so......I've been living this for 7+ months and have done so for the past 6 years. You get used to it, but you have to accept that, like winter, it won't last forever........ first. Then this is easy to deal with. :ROFLMAO:

Trevor, I just saw your post and I didn't read it but made an observation. You are extremely long winded, more so than almost any other poster on 6-8. This leads me to believe you need to go fishing more than anyone else or at the least get out of the house and associate with fellow fishermen. Again, just an observation and my own opinion. No offense intended.
Hahahah I was gonna say instead of going to No Frills maybe he should have went fishing!!! Has to be safer

Hahahah I was gonna say instead of going to No Frills maybe he should have went fishing!!! Has to be safer

The only reason I went there was because some of what we needed, walmart doesn't carry or it'd have been one stop shopping with no reason to go to No Frills. (and I didn't do both stores on the same day.) I feel safe where ever I go because I take care of me. If someone else appears they're gonna get into my physical distancing space.....then I'll move so they don't, but rarely is that an issue.

The only reason I went there was because some of what we needed, walmart doesn't carry or it'd have been one stop shopping with no reason to go to No Frills. (and I didn't do both stores on the same day.) I feel safe where ever I go because I take care of me. If someone else appears they're gonna get into my physical distancing space.....then I'll move so they don't, but rarely is that an issue.
That's great!! Stay made. All the things that could be done at a boat ramp or marina !!! Just sayin!!!

Well written there @Trevor M ,,, I am not an alcoholic but i find that when the weather is nice and I'm done working around the house , garden, boat or truck, I will indulge in a few OV's,, and maybe even a cocktail or 2,, I find I drink a little bit more than normal but sometimes it just helps, I don't drink to get drunk (unless were at my buddies cottage lol..can't go there either),,, I have 8 grand children and 5 kids and its really tough not to hold them, hug them play with them,,, I miss them the most and I have moments after i've face timed them or seen them through the window,,, Its very tough ( for a lot of us out there) and if a drink every now and then eases these emotions then so be it,,, I'm glad the LCBO and Brewers Retail are open as a bunch of other people do, they are doing a great job at social distancing in the store,Kudos to the employees... My wife still works half a day or from home, so i do the shopping(one person from each household) The grocery stores are doing a remarkable job but once people get in the stores they can't follow the arrows on the floor,,, I distance myself as far as possible from people in the store I wear a mask and gloves, but there are a lot of people that don't get it,, they are the ones I try to avoid... I've been retired for 10 years and I drive Taxi part time, as soon as this started I shut it down(dealing with the public), its been 7 weeks and I am going a little cookoo trying to keep busy,, luckily I river fish and I've been going out at least once or twice a week with some friends, we drive separately, stay a rods length apart, now I would love to be out on the water now fishing but until the ramps are open I will abide by the lockdown,,,this is my rant of the week, I'm finishing my coffee with Baileys and going outside to wash my truck and wait for the grass to dry so I can cut it, then start a little fire in the pit, open an OV and cook some home made burgers over the fire for me and the misses...I hope everyone stays safe and strong through this pandemic and social distancing is working, practice it whenever possible and remind other people who don't...Pocono

I hear ya Pocono. I used to drink and smoke, but I quit drinking alcohol and smoking 10 years ago, (funny how that worked, quitting those two things at the same time and suddenly it was a lot easier to quit smoking then it had been before that:unsure:) but I remember what it was like to have a few after work once in a while. Don't miss either, but I remember those days.

My wife is still working full 8 hr days. I don't wear the masks and stuff like that when I go out. In my mind, my wife needs them more than I do because she's still working. I rarely leave the house, and some people say the mask I wear every day is scary enough to keep people away from me as it is anyways.?? but being I'm the one at home, I do all the shopping and if you saw my other post in another thread, you know I do everything else too. ? If you didn't see it, here it is again.

"Once ya get used to being stuck in the house changing the cat litter (when the cat was here before you were), cleaning the toilet, the tub, the bathroom counters, making the bed, washing the floors, walls, ceilings, windows, vacuuming the carpeted surfaces and reusable furnace filters, doing all the cooking and all the dishes, cleaning the oven and stove top and the microwave, all kitchen counter surfaces, inside and outside of the refrigerator, dusting all the furniture throughout the house, all the laundry, plus all the yard work, who has time for fishing? BUT.......once you get used to it, it's not all THAT bad.....??"

BUT....that's the trick. You have to get used to it first, and that's not easy to do. I've had 6 years of practice "self isolating" and hibernating every winter to get used to it. Maybe that's why I'm not finding it difficult to be dealing with what we're all dealing with right now. I learned to adapt to what is, not what I want it to be. At first that wasn't by choice and it REALLY bothered me because I lost my job, my career, I'm always in pain, and I have no money compared to what I was making. I had gone from being a useful member of society, to being useless, and that is very much how I felt, and sometimes I still have days where I feel like that. Then I realized, I had to decide to accept that this is the way things are now, and adapt to the new situation that faced me, so that's what I did, but if I hadn't, it would've been very easy for me to find myself back in the hospital suffering from severe mental health issues again. Don't wanna do that. Once was more than enough to last a lifetime. That experience and going through it, that changed me and my outlook on life, and for the better.

P.S. Oh, yeah, sorry if this is long winded again everyone. ?

What is there not to get ? We are all self serving, over privileged, I want it all and I want it now, me first everyone else last, I'm all right Jack screw you, do as I say not as I do, my opinion is the only one that matters type of people that exist.

Well, I’m going to say that I’ve had to deal with a fair bit of this pandemic professionally and flat out your wrong. People that are generally pretty privileged in this Province have done admirably well with accepting a highly unusual set of circumstances. I’ve been surprised for the most part, with some glaring exceptions but those exceptions are few. I do know that there are some very angry people in their homes that probably need to get outside and do something, anything because their pent up frustrations over what they perceive to be the wrong doings of others are at the near bubbling over point and spilling out into everything they say or do. There’s even a few on this site. The rest of the country, I think they’ve done pretty well overall and it’s commendable. Not being a drinker or drug user I won’t comment on the booze or pot situation.

Last edited:
Ticker, funny you never see the liberals on here define the qualities of a conservatice

This coming from someone who in a condescending manner explained the word enamoured to me . Because a conservative must be too dumb to understand such a big word , then suggested I leave the country hahaha

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks