Hull cleaning

Cav

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
For the guys with aluminum hulls what’s the go to stuff to use for water stains and what not?
I was up at CT and seen they had a few different options.

I use Captain Phab. Pour it into a disposable container and use a dollar store paint brush to apply it to the dry scum line, sit back and have a beer while it eats away at it like peroxide on an open wound. The pressure wash it off and repeat for heavy scum. No scrubbing required (y)

Attachments

• 20231029_124351.jpg
    20231029_124351.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 17
I use Captain Phab. Pour it into a disposable container and use a dollar store paint brush to apply it to the dry scum line, sit back and have a beer while it eats away at it like peroxide on an open wound. The pressure wash it off and repeat for heavy scum. No scrubbing required (y)
Where would I find this by chance?

@Extra Virgin I ended up drinking two beers 🍻 before the Captain Phap worked “its magic,” but I was OKAY with that!! 👍 LoL 😝 and just saying! 😗 Cheers 🍻 my friend!! 😉👍🙂

Last edited:
I make my own. Home Hardware sells Muriatic Acid in one gallon jugs. I mix it 50/50 with water and spray it on just like Captain Fab. It seems like the same ratio/dilution they use based on the way and the speed that the scum dissapears. That one gallon jug would likely do a hundred boats, but we have other uses for it so it doesn't sit around too long. Don't breathe that stuff in and if you use a pump sprayer make sure to wash it out thoroughly and as quickly as possible after use. I made a bottle years ago and let it sit in sprayer and ended up ruining the inner plastic tube.

I make my own. Home Hardware sells Muriatic Acid in one gallon jugs. I mix it 50/50 with water and spray it on just like Captain Fab. It seems like the same ratio/dilution they use based on the way and the speed that the scum dissapears. That one gallon jug would likely do a hundred boats, but we have other uses for it so it doesn't sit around too long. Don't breathe that stuff in and if you use a pump sprayer make sure to wash it out thoroughly and as quickly as possible after use. I made a bottle years ago and let it sit in sprayer and ended up ruining the inner plastic tube.
You put Muriatic Acid on an Aluminium hull?

Back