Hull cleaning

Cav

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
For the guys with aluminum hulls what’s the go to stuff to use for water stains and what not?
I was up at CT and seen they had a few different options.

I use Captain Phab. Pour it into a disposable container and use a dollar store paint brush to apply it to the dry scum line, sit back and have a beer while it eats away at it like peroxide on an open wound. The pressure wash it off and repeat for heavy scum. No scrubbing required (y)

Attachments

• 20231029_124351.jpg
    20231029_124351.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 17
I use Captain Phab. Pour it into a disposable container and use a dollar store paint brush to apply it to the dry scum line, sit back and have a beer while it eats away at it like peroxide on an open wound. The pressure wash it off and repeat for heavy scum. No scrubbing required (y)
Where would I find this by chance?

@Extra Virgin I ended up drinking two beers 🍻 before the Captain Phap worked “its magic,” but I was OKAY with that!! 👍 LoL 😝 and just saying! 😗 Cheers 🍻 my friend!! 😉👍🙂

Last edited:
I make my own. Home Hardware sells Muriatic Acid in one gallon jugs. I mix it 50/50 with water and spray it on just like Captain Fab. It seems like the same ratio/dilution they use based on the way and the speed that the scum dissapears. That one gallon jug would likely do a hundred boats, but we have other uses for it so it doesn't sit around too long. Don't breathe that stuff in and if you use a pump sprayer make sure to wash it out thoroughly and as quickly as possible after use. I made a bottle years ago and let it sit in sprayer and ended up ruining the inner plastic tube.

I make my own. Home Hardware sells Muriatic Acid in one gallon jugs. I mix it 50/50 with water and spray it on just like Captain Fab. It seems like the same ratio/dilution they use based on the way and the speed that the scum dissapears. That one gallon jug would likely do a hundred boats, but we have other uses for it so it doesn't sit around too long. Don't breathe that stuff in and if you use a pump sprayer make sure to wash it out thoroughly and as quickly as possible after use. I made a bottle years ago and let it sit in sprayer and ended up ruining the inner plastic tube.
You put Muriatic Acid on an Aluminium hull?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks