Fishing Report Grimsby - April 9

MikesPikes

First time fishing Lake O for Lakers - has been on the list for a while! Calm water and wind made for a great day out on the water. Lines in at 6:45 out around 1pm. 10/12 all great size and all back to swim another day. 40-45 FOW seemed to be the hot spot, with lines 5'-10' off the bottom. Riggers and Dipsys, with riggers taking most of the fish. Orange spoons ended up being the meal of choice, with one rigger setup with in-line flasher. What an awesome fishery - I was surprised to only see 2-3 other boats out all day. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_7700.JPG
    IMG_7700.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7691.JPG
    IMG_7691.JPG
    327.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Image1.jpeg
    Image1.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 120
Glad you guys had a fun day in Grimsby. I was there with my brother as well. We were 7/9 on lakers but I think we lost a salmon on the 8 colour lead core. It took drag out 60ft before we got to the rod and strong head shakes before coming un button. Most people are in St Catharines this time of year. I rather be out in Grimsby with 3 other boats than 300 in Dalhousie.

Thanks for the report
We were told the Browns are in 20 fow 6’ down. To date l have never caught one but every spring l try. I’ll get the planner boards out for a couple of hours and if nothing then it’s out to deeper water for lakers !

First time fishing Lake O for Lakers - has been on the list for a while! Calm water and wind made for a great day out on the water. Lines in at 6:45 out around 1pm. 10/12 all great size and all back to swim another day. 40-45 FOW seemed to be the hot spot, with lines 5'-10' off the bottom. Riggers and Dipsys, with riggers taking most of the fish. Orange spoons ended up being the meal of choice, with one rigger setup with in-line flasher. What an awesome fishery - I was surprised to only see 2-3 other boats out all day. Cheers!
Excellent fishing post and photo’s @MikesPikes especially the first photo with a “thumbs up!!” 👍 Tight lines & FiSH ON!! See you on the water. 🚤🎣🐟🐟👍👍🙂

50 point you have to pay for admission to the park and again to use the launch. Not a good value.

I used Foran once and never again. My boat is way to big for that ramp.

I just launch from Hamilton and enjoy the cruise.

50 point you have to pay for admission to the park and again to use the launch. Not a good value.

I used Foran once and never again. My boat is way to big for that ramp.

I just launch from Hamilton and enjoy the cruise.
And the price is right! Are you talking about Fisherman's Pier. If so it's free for now!

Fisherman pier will have a kios for payment similar to Bronte Don’t think it’s open until May. Bay front park is free but you have to run the length of the bay to the lift bridge.

Fisherman’s pier is free until further notice. Don’t know how much longer that will be. It’s a really short ride from Bayfront park to the lift bridge.

I think they are doing construction (paving) so doesn't look like you would be allowed to launch at Fisherman's pier?

Attention Fisherman’s Pier Boat Launch Users​

Spring is here, and we’re happy to advise that work will be starting soon on major improvements to the boat launch located at 1155 Eastport Dr.
Grading and paving of the parking and trailer area will help improve site drainage, and new pavement markings will help keep launch staging organized.
This paving work is expected to be complete by the end of May, after which the boat launch will open for the season. Later in the season, a fee-for-use system will be reintroduced for the parking area and launch.
Your patience is appreciated while we make these improvements. Good things come to those who bait!
fish-1024x768.jpg

Attention Fisherman’s Pier Boat Launch Users​

Spring is here, and we’re happy to advise that work will be starting soon on major improvements to the boat launch located at 1155 Eastport Dr.
Grading and paving of the parking and trailer area will help improve site drainage, and new pavement markings will help keep launch staging organized.
This paving work is expected to be complete by the end of May, after which the boat launch will open for the season. Later in the season, a fee-for-use system will be reintroduced for the parking area and launch.
Your patience is appreciated while we make these improvements. Good things come to those who bait!
fish-1024x768.jpg
Thanks for the update. Good to know!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks