Fishing Report Glasgow Morning 7/28/2023

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Launched at 5:30 and headed out to 64 fow to start, 1 Rigger with slider and 1 dipsy. rigger down 41' and dipsy on 3 back 72'. Caught around 20 by 7:00 AM and tossed back a few small ones and 4 over 7 lbs. 3 mph on the ball. RRF and spoons did the trick but it did not matter what you put down. A smelly sock with a hook would have worked. Best depth was 67 fow. Back and cleaned fish at station and left it in very clean and working condition.

Attachments

• Walleye Temps.jpg
    Walleye Temps.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 78
  • sunrise  today.jpg
    sunrise today.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 79
  • starting point.jpg
    starting point.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 74
  • half way there.jpg
    half way there.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 1 more to go.jpg
    1 more to go.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 75
  • midget.jpg
    midget.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 75
  • rigger.jpg
    rigger.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 70
  • dipsy.jpg
    dipsy.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 76
Good fishing once again @scrimmy. (y)
I wish I had known you were out there this morning Wayne I would have called you on the radio. :)

"how'd you catch em?"

"Grey sock with chartreuse toes, 41 feet down and 30 feet back on the rigger"
41 feet down and 20 feet back on the rigger with a slider on as well. The rigger had about 8 doubles with 1 on the main and 1 on the slider as well.

Nice talking to you this morning Wayne. I threw 3 babies back and kept three decent ones. When I got in at 11 ish the station was plugged. Cleaned mine and took carcasses him. Watch a couple of guys come in too fast and then it stalled and momentum took him right into another boat two west of me and speared his kicker. Then got it going again and overshot his own slip (13) . I left the guy in slip 21 a note and told him to check his kicker over. The two guys that did the hitting tied up and took off.

Nice talking to you this morning Wayne. I threw 3 babies back and kept three decent ones. When I got in at 11 ish the station was plugged. Cleaned mine and took carcasses him. Watch a couple of guys come in too fast and then it stalled and momentum took him right into another boat two west of me and speared his kicker. Then got it going again and overshot his own slip (13) . I left the guy in slip 21 a note and told him to check his kicker over. The two guys that did the hitting tied up and took off.
It takes all kinds Bev. My charter boats were hit many times while just sitting in my slips and not once was there ever any notes left to let me know. Once my 6 foot cooler on the swim platform was nailed by somebody and split open. It was a $400 cooler and I had to replace it.

I use 10 LB fish weights that are unpainted lead.
Good to know @scrimmy for I was going to ask you & others on what colour the downrigger ball’s should be,and if it would actually make any difference in their colour as well? The three in the first photo are 8 lbs each,and the black one is 10 lbs. I don’t know what weight the green cannonball is,( the pounds is not marked anywhere on it ), and would you or others maybe know? Thanks in advance. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1255.jpeg
    IMG_1255.jpeg
    335.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1258.jpeg
    IMG_1258.jpeg
    597 KB · Views: 14
A friend of mine has one that looks the same as the green one there and it is 12 LBS

Good to know @scrimmy for I was going to ask you & others on what colour the downrigger ball’s should be,and if it would actually make any difference in their colour as well? The three in the first photo are 8 lbs each,and the black one is 10 lbs. I don’t know what weight the green cannonball is,( the pounds is not marked anywhere on it ), and would you or others maybe know? Thanks in advance. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
Or you could just use your bathroom scale?

Launched at 5:30 and headed out to 64 fow to start, 1 Rigger with slider and 1 dipsy. rigger down 41' and dipsy on 3 back 72'. Caught around 20 by 7:00 AM and tossed back a few small ones and 4 over 7 lbs. 3 mph on the ball. RRF and spoons did the trick but it did not matter what you put down. A smelly sock with a hook would have worked. Best depth was 67 fow. Back and cleaned fish at station and left it in very clean and working condition.
Excellent fishing there again @scrimmy !! 👍 here’s hoping for more of that kind of fishing,next week and beyond,for as long as it lasts! 🤞 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Excellent fishing there again @scrimmy !! 👍 here’s hoping for more of that kind of fishing,next week and beyond,for as long as it lasts! 🤞 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
Well Red it normally lasts well in to September. I have had some of my best fishing close to my Wedding Anniversary on September 10th. Needless to say I don't go fishing on the 10th, lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks