Glasgow midday report

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Headed out with the jet boat this afternoon. Got setup about 12:30 in 42' circled a few times and had a limit of eyes, bunch of eyes lost, few sheep, a silver and 1/3 on bows 😂 Finally a bit of a break now.....6 colour Leadcore and dipsey back 105'. Just a nice walleye chop... 20220809_134350.jpg20220809_134226.jpg
Josh

How does the boat meant for 3" of water handle the rough stuff?
It's a little different. With the high sides, thick inflatable floor and self bailing its a very, very safe boat. It will cavitate if I get the speed up in heavier waves due to air under the hull but it cruises well in mid range, if a little bumpy ane wet from splashing. Trolling with it takes some getting used to. Without a proper lower unit/skeg it tends to drift ALOT in the wind. Parallel to the waves today the drift was very noticeable despite doing 3mph. It does troll right down to 1.5mph nicely tho, and its not too bad on gas. Looking forward to having my tinner available again by the weekend tho 🤞 Here some more pics of it in action.... 20220802_184127.jpg20220809_145253.jpg
IMG_20220804_215129.jpgIMG_20220802_194546.jpgIMG_20220802_190218.jpgIMG_20220802_173542.jpgIMG_20220802_170642.jpg
Josh

I'll be on the pier in the morning. Yard work can wait til Thursday ;)
Why is that funny Red? I'd MUCH rather be going out in a boat with someone, but well, someone I live with who isn't me was on vacation last week, so I'm kinda broke now until the end of the month. THAT ain't funny. :cry: :(

Well, ok, I guess it is. ;):LOL:

You can come visit me if you want tomorrow, I'll be there by 6:30ish after I drop her off at work.

Why is that funny Red? I'd MUCH rather be going out in a boat with someone, but well, someone I live with who isn't me was on vacation last week, so I'm kinda broke now until the end of the month. THAT ain't funny. :cry: :(

Well, ok, I guess it is. ;):LOL:

You can come visit me if you want tomorrow, I'll be there by 6:30ish after I drop her off at work.
A visit by me sounds nice @Trevor M 👍👍 but I am not too sure yet what I will be doing,fishing 🎣 or yard work? 🤷 I will decide in the morning,after a “refreshed” weather forecast. Tight lines to you off the port bruce pier tomorrow. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞👍😎

A visit by me sounds nice @Trevor M 👍👍 but I am not too sure yet what I will be doing,fishing 🎣 or yard work? 🤷 I will decide in the morning,after a “refreshed” weather forecast. Tight lines to you off the port bruce pier tomorrow. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞👍😎
Thanks Red. I'll be looking at the forecast again in the morning too, but I've already pretty much made that decision. Tomorrow looks to be the best day this week, so I'm GOING.......N winds to start, changing to W, then SW by 2, relatively light most of the day while I'll be there with some gusts, not expected to pick up to more than 15km/hr with gusts until after I have no choice but to leave if I'm going to pick my wife up on time.

It's a little different. With the high sides, thick inflatable floor and self bailing its a very, very safe boat. It will cavitate if I get the speed up in heavier waves due to air under the hull but it cruises well in mid range, if a little bumpy ane wet from splashing. Trolling with it takes some getting used to. Without a proper lower unit/skeg it tends to drift ALOT in the wind. Parallel to the waves today the drift was very noticeable despite doing 3mph. It does troll right down to 1.5mph nicely tho, and its not too bad on gas. Looking forward to having my tinner available again by the weekend tho 🤞 Here some more pics of it in action.... View attachment 62776View attachment 62777
View attachment 62778View attachment 62779View attachment 62780View attachment 62781View attachment 62783
Josh
What a boat. That thing is a beast.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks