Fillet knife

LOL πŸ˜‚ 🀣 @Ticker πŸ‘πŸ‘ As tough on fish as the leafs are on fans. πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š I hope 🀞 that @Trevor M sees your remark!! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚
@gibby123 is @Jbllnr still wearing his,Maple Leaf hat lately?? lol πŸ˜‚ Please say hello
to @Jbllnr for me. πŸ‘ It was great πŸ‘ πŸ‘ to have met you both in person a couple of times now,before going walleye fishing out on Lake Erie,and you both each are also enjoying your new 68
sticker’s. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚ Hopefully we will see each other again @gibby123 05C117B8-5179-467F-9E90-4FF9F18C58CB.jpeg & @Jbllnr ,before the Lake Erie walleye season is over,here in the Central Basin. Be Safe & Tight Lines to you both!! πŸ‘πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚

Attachments

• 381B68AC-A4B3-414F-B55B-ED0ECAD0CDC9.jpeg
    381B68AC-A4B3-414F-B55B-ED0ECAD0CDC9.jpeg
    255.9 KB · Views: 14
  • B6E180FA-7FC5-424B-80AB-A04D119279EE.jpeg
    B6E180FA-7FC5-424B-80AB-A04D119279EE.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 15
These are the knives I use.

The electric as you can see is battery operated. It's a Rapala, Model PGEFR. I've had it for 5 seasons now. The charging base has a button on it that allows me to discharge the battery completely before it'll charge it so either battery always has a full charge when I need to use it. I've never had a problem with it. I have replacement blades for it, but haven't had to replace one yet, although probably will have to replace the smaller blade next year. I always leave it at home because I always clean any fish I catch at home instead of down at the lake.

The one above is the "old fashioned" filet knife I have that is always in my smaller tackle box. It's a Rapala as well. I use it for catfish and perch when I have 5 perch or less to clean depending on their size of course.

Above that one are my most used of my Victorinox knives that I've had since my days working as a chef many moons ago. (I also have a set of Henckels that I might use periodically but I prefer the weight in hand of the Victorinox for certain things, and the lightness in hand of the Henckels for others.) I'll use those on BIG fish, ie a really big bow, (or other trout species,) salmon, or Arctic Char as examples that I know I'm not going to filet, but just remove the innards and cut into steaks instead.

Attachments

• 0831221411-00.jpg
    0831221411-00.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 19
@gibby123 is @Jbllnr still wearing his,Maple Leaf hat lately?? lol πŸ˜‚ Please say hello
to @Jbllnr for me. πŸ‘ It was great πŸ‘ πŸ‘ to have met you both in person a couple of times now,before going walleye fishing out on Lake Erie,and you both each are also enjoying your new 68
sticker’s. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚ Hopefully we will see each other again @gibby123 View attachment 64919 & @Jbllnr ,before the Lake Erie walleye season is over,here in the Central Basin. Be Safe & Tight Lines to you both!! πŸ‘πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚
Ambassador Red Herring. You feed them raise them love them discipline when needed and they still disappoint you by wearing leaf regalia. πŸ‘

Ya I was talking about a manual knife for skinning and boning. I use a rapala ion cordless most of the time
My suggestion to you would depend on your knife sharpening skills.
If you are good and capable of sharpening I would spend money on a nice expensive fillet knife
If you aren’t so great at sharpening and likely ruin the knife in a couple seasons I would buy cheap and replace often lol

These are what I use, on the rare occasion I'm successful. The included sharpener will never touch that blade, the white handled one is a boning knife.
20220831_163544[1].jpg

LOL πŸ˜‚ 🀣 @gibby123 πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚ and very true,about wearing leaf regalia!! πŸ₯ΊπŸ˜’ LoL 😝 One day they will learn and switch & Cheer ON!! a β€œReal Hockey” team!! LoL πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚
Ya know Red, I could have gone downtown to the big thing they had for Kadri this past weekend, or I could go to the hockey hall of fame in Toronto wearing my Leafs jersey and stand beside the Cup and have my picture taken too, but I didn't, and I won't. That would be both wishful thinking, and I'm really old school hockey, I didn't win it, so I ain't touchin it. ;):ROFLMAO:

Ya know Red, I could have gone downtown to the big thing they had for Kadri this past weekend, or I could go to the hockey hall of fame in Toronto wearing my Leafs jersey and stand beside the Cup and have my picture taken too, but I didn't, and I won't. That would be both wishful thinking, and I'm really old school hockey, I didn't win it, so I ain't touchin it. ;):ROFLMAO:
That’s sad 😞 to read!! @Trevor M πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Now!! Put those skate’s on,and help
Win the cup for the Leafs!! πŸ†πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š πŸ‘πŸ™‚

A lot of good input. I don’t mind spending money to get a decent knife. Want something with a bit of flex as derkd9 stated. Something with a long enough blade to skin large walleye. That’s all I catch lolπŸ˜‚
The 9 inch danco knife has flex and stays sharp longer than any fillet knife I've ever used

That’s sad 😞 to read!! @Trevor M πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Now!! Put those skate’s on,and help
Win the cup for the Leafs!! πŸ†πŸ˜‰ πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘Š πŸ‘πŸ™‚
No, you thinking I could play for the Leafs when I haven't been on skates for.......:unsure:......well yeah it's been so long that I can't remember the last time I was on skates, that's sad. Not to me personally, but to the Leafs. I mean I know they need all the help they can get, but man......if I couldn't possibly make the team 35 years ago, how are they expected to put me on the ice today. :ROFLMAO:

Back