Fillet knife

Bull Dog

Looking to buy a new fillet knife for walleye. What’s the best brand to buy?

Iam still using an electric knife made by Berkley Works flawless and cheap. Of course there are more expensive units out there but this has cleaned hundreds and hundreds of fish without an issue.

I’ve use the Rapala Ion cordless for many years. The battery lasts for a long time. I’ll wear out the blade in 1 season. It fits in your hand very comfortable and isn’t bulky.

I use the rapala heavy duty electric fillet knife 120v to cut the fillets off
I use long extension cord to be able to use it outside where I clean the fish
And manual flexible fillet knife for taking skins and rib cages out, cheeks etc..
Doesn’t matter on the brand I just like flexible blade.

#1:

The Henkel is a stiff blade, perfectly balanced and provides a great feel as you slice detecting the smallest of bones. It provides crisp clean cuts. It holds an edge really well
The Kershaw is a soft flexible blade that I am not a fan of, but provides the depth of cut needed for larger Salmon and bows.
Both take an edge really well from a steel, and last a life time.

I use the bass pro XPS lithium ion rechargeable knife. It’s the cats ass!! Watch the flyers for when it comes on sale.

The yellow handle boning knife from Cabellas around 20$ for a Henckel. You may still need a rappala for ribs depending on your style. These knives are my favorite for fish and the bigger ones for deer. As tough on fish as the leafs are on fans.

just checked the Zwilling 6' flex boning knife is under kitchen knives at cabelas 35$ now I guess I've had mine a while.

The yellow handle boning knife from Cabellas around 20$ for a Henckel. You may still need a rappala for ribs depending on your style. These knives are my favorite for fish and the bigger ones for deer. As tough on fish as the leafs are on fans.
LOL 😂 🤣 @Twister 👍👍 As tough on fish as the leafs are on fans. 👊👊 I hope 🤞 that @Trevor M sees your remark!! 😉👍👍🙂

Last edited:
I have had a rapala cordless and mister twister cord... I use a manual MUSTAD knife now... Thin flexible blade...

Get the bubba pro knife. Hands down the best electric knife I’ve seen. Great kit and battery life is impressive. Comes with multiple blade options and 2 batteries. We removed the fillets from the fish before the drive home and it will do 24 fish with no sign of the battery getting weak.
I still use a manual hand knife to skin. The electric serrated is the way to go for cutting through the rib cages.

Attachments

• C6CFC204-FDB6-4FD9-BA43-2BD4D553A3FB.png
    C6CFC204-FDB6-4FD9-BA43-2BD4D553A3FB.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: GPS
Back