Fishing Report February Steelheading

poconokidII

Well no ice for ice fishing so decided to go for some Rainbow with my buddy Muzz...5th drift hooked this slab around 9lbs on a chartreuse roe bag,, lost one other one later in morning,,Muzz never hooked a fish,,,still a good day on the river ....fish was released unharmed to spawn up river..Pocono

Attachments

• IMG_0239.JPG
    IMG_0239.JPG
    514.7 KB · Views: 247
nice fish...good to see your taking advantage of a year round open season..

wow... good for you Davin..makin the trip for a quality trout...most of that river below is a slow flow..amazing having open water for up there...

Well no ice for ice fishing so decided to go for some Rainbow with my buddy Muzz...5th drift hooked this slab around 9lbs on a chartreuse roe bag,, lost one other one later in morning,,Muzz never hooked a fish,,,still a good day on the river ....fish was released unharmed to spawn up river..Pocono
Nice rainbow @poconokidII o_O?? I will trade you my Thames River Walleye spot the one I caught this walleye at last Monday,February 3/20,F3092565-5AA5-454B-BC6A-7754E0FB07F1.jpeg for your rainbow trout spot!! lol:ROFLMAO: :D;) I know,there is no comparison in the two different fish & tight lines & Fish ON!! ??:cool:

Last edited:
Well there Stick i'm positie you no those trees,,lol...thx to the rest of you it has been an odd year with all this open water to drift a roe bag....saw another guy on river who hooked 5 fish and landed 2, it got me right in the gut when i saw 2 nice female steelhead gilled and lying on the bank,,,@Red Hering i would love to take you river fishing,, i would love to get out next friday for a jig fest on the Thames with you...I've seen you last year on the Thames but didn't talk to you..Pocono,,,

Well there Stick i'm positie you no those trees,,lol...thx to the rest of you it has been an odd year with all this open water to drift a roe bag....saw another guy on river who hooked 5 fish and landed 2, it got me right in the gut when i saw 2 nice female steelhead gilled and lying on the bank,,,@Red Hering i would love to take you river fishing,, i would love to get out next friday for a jig fest on the Thames with you...I've seen you last year on the Thames but didn't talk to you..Pocono,,,
Sounds excellent @poconokidII ?? about meeting up on the thames river with you for a jig fest!! ?? I just came back from a drive this morning with my favourite coffee ☕️,but I didn’t fish,but just scouted a couple of different spot’s on the thames river,to try the next time.I didn’t see anyone angling this morning while I was out,and it has been very quiet on the thames river for fishing lately,compared to when I was out fishing the last time on that beautiful day last Monday,February 3/20, 4E649212-196C-4829-BEA8-A3C9A8762C2A.jpeg I am just waiting now for certain conditions to improve on the thames river,before I head back out again.I could “personal message” you,if you like,ahead of time,when I will be going walleye fishing next on the thames river. P.S. there could even still be a ice fishing trip as well,and @Extra Virgin still wants to go also.;) Tight lines & talk soon!!????

I'm sure your not the first that didn't want to talk to the "salty old sea dog" @Red Hering. LOL!!! ? ;):p

Nice job on the beauty bow! :finger:

@Red Hering I was thinking of going next friday but the forecast calls for -11 C on friday,, a little cold for me..the eyes would be icing up with all the casts,,, i had someone tell me that lip balm on your eyes(on your rod ) helps prevent ice build up,,anyone heard of this or have another remedy????? Pocono

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks