Fishing Report Extra Virgin's perch rig

Brokenwing

Got gifted a homemade perch rig from EV yesterday. Off to the Outer Bay North Shore this morning to the usual spot to try it out. First time it hits bottom I put a pike in the box, off to a good start. This is a great setup, all the perch get hooked in the top of the mouth and not one swallowed a hook. All the dinks got released and no injuries to the gills. Anybody looking for a new perch setup should check this out. I will be heading to Angling Outfitters to get a few, to have on hand, just in case I bust one up. 20 lb Seaguar Fluro should last a bit though. We ended up with the 1 pike and 45 perch from 8 to 11 inches, 3 hours and one scoop of minows from Collins all done. The school of Jumbo's from Friday were nowhere to be found. Check out EV's post on perchin to see what it looks like. I forgot to get a picture of it to add to the post.

Attachments

• IMG_1743.jpeg
    IMG_1743.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_8687.jpeg
    IMG_8687.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 131
I believe that Harold would be for sure, @Dmanwithnoname 👍👍🙂
@Dmanwithnoname @Extra Virgin & myself, met up with Harold,( on the left ),in this photo,last March 25,2023, in Aylmer,Ontario,for the Aylmer Fishing and Hunting Sale, organized by @Reel Therapy and @tailfeathers. Harold does a fantastic job building, THE DROPSHOT “PERCHIN RIG” It was a Fantastic Fishing and Hunting Sale,and most of the money raised from the sale,went towards the,Youth Fishing Day. 🚤 🎣🐟 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_0059.jpeg
    IMG_0059.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 40
Oh sorry I just assumed EV made those when I was talking to him. Didn't mean to offend anyone. He was just telling me that he used those and he gave me one to try out and mentioned where to get more if I liked it.

Where can one purchase these?
@hawgseeker Angling Outfitters west of Woodstock on Highway #2,and I believe at Lambeth Rod & Tackle,as well. Call Steve in Lambeth, ( if it’s closer for you),just to make sure that he does sell them there in Lambeth. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
Got gifted a homemade perch rig from EV yesterday. Off to the Outer Bay North Shore this morning to the usual spot to try it out. First time it hits bottom I put a pike in the box, off to a good start. This is a great setup, all the perch get hooked in the top of the mouth and not one swallowed a hook. All the dinks got released and no injuries to the gills. Anybody looking for a new perch setup should check this out. I will be heading to Angling Outfitters to get a few, to have on hand, just in case I bust one up. 20 lb Seaguar Fluro should last a bit though. We ended up with the 1 pike and 45 perch from 8 to 11 inches, 3 hours and one scoop of minows from Collins all done. The school of Jumbo's from Friday were nowhere to be found. Check out EV's post on perchin to see what it looks like. I forgot to get a picture of it to add to the post.

Nice catch! We are planning to move our boat to St. Williams tomorrow for the rest of the season. Can you please tell me where the perch are now? Thanks!

Normandale has been hit or miss depending on the day. I did hear that someone got a few in the inner bay in the deeper water.

@Get Hooked is the original creator of this amazing rig and had taught me to use and make them. It's the only dropshot rig i use for the last 10+ years 👍. Angling Outfitters should still have many of these in stock

I am curious about this rig- are the beads heavy? Like brass or something? Or plastic? The long shank hooks look great. I will have to find some, as my perching can use all the help I can get!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks