Conserving the erie Walleye population

Kbreks

Tried for a few hours out of port bruce today. Speeds from 2-3.2 mph. 48 fow to 18 fow. Lures of all colours, sizes and depths. Looks like all im going to do is help preserve the population and leave my limits in the lake 😂

Attachments

• 20230617_142541.jpg
    20230617_142541.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 30
Just remember @Kbreks fishing is a game of frustration and patience whether you're out in a boat or fishing from shore. You'll experience the first, but if you have the second, eventually it pays off. I can't count how many times I've gotten a bite sitting on the pier over the years and set the hook only to find I've fed the fish instead of catching it after not getting any bites for what seems like hours.
(Sometimes it truly has been hours o_O;):ROFLMAO: ) or as happened on Friday I got a nice one, it spit the hook once I had it over the pier, the line ended up catching my hood, the fish bounced off the pier and back into the lake. I got a really good look at it tho and about half an hour later I caught it again. It's staying with its relatives in my freezer now. It's all part of the game.

As Red said, it's only going to get better, pretty soon (sooner rather than later) you could almost walk across the lake on the backs of the walleye that are going to be out there, and your time WILL come. :)

Just remember @Kbreks fishing is a game of frustration and patience whether you're out in a boat or fishing from shore. You'll experience the first, but if you have the second, eventually it pays off. I can't count how many times I've gotten a bite sitting on the pier over the years and set the hook only to find I've fed the fish instead of catching it after not getting any bites for what seems like hours.
(Sometimes it truly has been hours o_O;):ROFLMAO: ) or as happened on Friday I got a nice one, it spit the hook once I had it over the pier, the line ended up catching my hood, the fish bounced off the pier and back into the lake. I got a really good look at it tho and about half an hour later I caught it again. It's staying with its relatives in my freezer now. It's all part of the game.

As Red said, it's only going to get better, pretty soon (sooner rather than later) you could almost walk across the lake on the backs of the walleye that are going to be out there, and your time WILL come. :)
I definitely know how it it goes. I believe this is my 5th or 6th season fishing erie for walleye. Used to go out on week nights and have the cooler full in just over an hour. When the fishing is hot. Nothing beats it.

Don't feel bad, I talked to 3 guys who came in nd didn't do very well. I'm going out in the morning, think I'll head east a few miles before I set up
I was out yesterday for a few hours, east of Bruce, in 40 to 48fow. Didn't mark a lot. Got one 5lb walleye on a dipsey 3 setting 75 ft out with a purple spoon.

I'm coming down later today and will try to find fish. Beautiful day today!

WR

I definitely know how it it goes. I believe this is my 5th or 6th season fishing erie for walleye. Used to go out on week nights and have the cooler full in just over an hour. When the fishing is hot. Nothing beats it.
I didn't mark a lot out of Bruce yesterday. Just got one 5lb walleye. Hopefully later today and if not, hopefully soon.

Still is nice to get out when the lake conditions are calm.

WR

I didn't mark a lot out of Bruce yesterday. Just got one 5lb walleye. Hopefully later today and if not, hopefully soon.

Still is nice to get out when the lake conditions are calm.

WR
Thats almost exactly what i hooked the one big eye yesterday on. Setting 3. 80 feet back, purple and white spoon and it was a bigger one as well but didnt make it in the boat.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks