Fishing Report Burwell Sept 4/2021

Fishboss

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Launched at 6 headed slightly East, to 58fow took a bit before got first walleye on border of 59/60 fow, nice walleye chop, slow pickins, lost 3 spoons, (shopping spree)👍, boated one man limit, only one spoon worked, a green south shore spoon, packed up at 11:25, huge mess on leadcore on 2 rods, 2 color on one and 1 color on the other into thrash, other than that great time out there.

Was slow today for sure . We ended up with 7 walleyes all on the same green spoon , 1 silver and 10 shitheads . Ugggg
Walleye were scattered, an the ones that did hit was just on green spoon they were picky, that's alot of shhheads, we only caught 2 of those

8 Walleye and 9 sheepshead for us. Same deal- scattered fish. Everything worked, but nothing worked well. Hit them great Friday night but by Saturday morning they had moved. We got our tangle over with fairly early on. Overall great day to be on the lake.

8 Walleye and 9 sheepshead for us. Same deal- scattered fish. Everything worked, but nothing worked well. Hit them great Friday night but by Saturday morning they had moved. We got our tangle over with fairly early on. Overall great day to be on the lake.
It sucks having tangles especially with leadcore, we were down to 3 rods for last 2 hrs and it was only the one spoon they liked.

Whenever I’m asked if I believe in the colours attracting the fish I always answer yes!

I’ve done enough experiments to of proven it 👍

@hvyhaul I think I’m done shopping for trolling spoons this year!

Went out Friday and had similar experience to those above. Finished with seven for two people from between 55 and 60 feet, but easily twice as many sheep of the deep. It seemed orange was the hot colour.
As soon as we get one 🐏 head we speed up just a notch, an it seems to keep em away.

Forgot to mention the last fish I was bleeding while cutting it, it started to jump and my finger found out how sharp the knife was, good thing we had Kleenex and electrical tape.

I normally knock the fish out first before bleeding but I thought since it wasn't to big it'd work, now I know for next time

Forgot to mention the last fish I was bleeding while cutting it, it started to jump and my finger found out how sharp the knife was, good thing we had Kleenex and electrical tape

Last edited:
Forgot to mention the last fish I was bleeding while cutting it, it started to jump and my finger found out how sharp the knife was, good thing we had Kleenex and electrical tape.
'Super glue' for me, the bleeding stops sooner whereas the blood continues to flow when using band aids or the like.

Same happened to me Saturday. I was bleeding out more than the fish. I should have came in (was on my own) but the fish were firing. Couldn't leave that lol.

Same happened to me Saturday. I was bleeding out more than the fish. I should have came in (was on my own) but the fish were firing. Couldn't leave that lol.
It sucks when you're bleeding all over the boat, but I get what you're saying when fish are biting it's more important than to take care of a cut thats not too serious.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks