Boat Repower

fishsmith

I am doing a repower on our boat and my new motor just showed up so really pumped. I will be replacing my current 225 Opti max with a new 225 Suzuki. Will also be replacing my minnkota terrova with a new Garmin Kraken which also arrived this week. Love this as I already run Garmin graphs and Livescope and will be networking them all together. Going to a great fishing machine only if I could have the skills to match

I am doing a repower on our boat and my new motor just showed up so really pumped. I will be replacing my current 225 Opti max with a new 225 Suzuki. Will also be replacing my minnkota terrova with a new Garmin Kraken which also arrived this week. Love this as I already run Garmin graphs and Livescope and will be networking them all together. Going to a great fishing machine only if I could have the skills to match
Congrats @fishsmith 👍 and that sounds like a great setup!! 👍🙂

That sounds fun! Anything is an upgrade from a merc! The garmins are good but I've never been to the "hardware store" tackle shop that sells skills! But I've been told "if you're going to fish you may aswell look good doing it!😁

That sounds fun! Anything is an upgrade from a merc! The garmins are good but I've never been to the "hardware store" tackle shop that sells skills! But I've been told "if you're going to fish you may aswell look good doing it!😁
@Springbok I am starting to think that I should be replacing my 2007 Mercury 90
4-stroke outboard motor as well,after your comment about,anything is an upgrade from a Merc! I have had nothing but problems with my Mercury outboard,and it being now 17 year’s old, it would make sense to upgrade to another outboard motor,like a Suzuki,Honda or whatever! I don’t know on how long an outboard motor is suppose to last,but a friend of mine the other day had said that my outboard motor was old! My outboard motor is going for repairs again this Spring,( the repair bill will likely be “hundreds of dollars 💵 again,like previous repair bills!), and if it’s not too expensive, I could trade my outboard motor in for a much newer model,but of course not a Mercury!!

4-stroke outboard motor as well,after your comment about,anything is an upgrade from a Merc! I have had nothing but problems with my Mercury outboard,and it being now 17 year’s old, it would make sense to upgrade to another outboard motor,like a Suzuki,Honda or whatever! I don’t know on how long an outboard motor is suppose to last,but a friend of mine the other day had said that my outboard motor was old! My outboard motor is going for repairs again this Spring,( the repair bill will likely be “hundreds of dollars 💵 again,like previous repair bills!), and if it’s not too expensive, I could trade my outboard motor in for a much newer model,but of course not a Mercury!!
Definately think Suzuki. My brother is a marine mechanic and says they are practically indestructible. I did have to wait awhile for mine but that is due to size. I'm sure some places have a 90 in stock

Definately think Suzuki. My brother is a marine mechanic and says they are practically indestructible. I did have to wait awhile for mine but that is due to size. I'm sure some places have a 90 in stock
Thanks for your feedback @fishsmith and it’s very much appreciated! 👊👍🙂 Would you know off hand if the bolt pattern on all outboard motors such as a 90 hp Suzuki be universal to mount on the transom? Thanks in advance. 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_4288.jpeg
    IMG_4288.jpeg
    241.6 KB · Views: 13
I just bought a 90 hp suzuki from Marsh Marina
Better prices than anywhere else I contacted

Amazing service

I repowered starcraft 17 SC Tournament 170
Switched 1996 mariner 75 hp
To 2023 suzuki 90 hp ...can't wait to test drive in the spring

Congrats on the upgrades

I just bought a 90 hp suzuki from Marsh Marina
Better prices than anywhere else I contacted

Amazing service

I repowered starcraft 17 SC Tournament 170
Switched 1996 mariner 75 hp
To 2023 suzuki 90 hp ...can't wait to test drive in the spring
Thanks @Puddle Jumper for the great information! 👍 I will check out Marsh Marina,to ask about their prices,also if I can trade in my 2007 90 hp Mercury outboard for a Suzuki 90 hp. I am also planning on going to @Xtreme Marine in Nilestown, & to the London Boat & Fishing & Outdoor Show,which starts on February 23,2024. There will be a lot of boat dealer’s there at the show to talk to. Congratulations as well on your 2023 Suzuki 90 hp outboard motor. I bet that you can’t wait for Spring to come quickly!! lol 😂 😉 🚤 🎣🐟👍🙂

I suggest you don't. And if you do tell George that @Wildfire says to get bent.

Call Bridge Yachts in Port Dover. At least they won't treat you like garbage after they have your money.
I dealt with Mark at Marsh marina
Quick reply s and fantasic customer service

I ordered motor on a Monday ...dropped boat off Thursday of same week and they had it installed and water tested by end of day Friday and picked it up following week (Dec 22)

Hey Red. Go with the Suzuki my friend. Outstanding outboards and good warranties also. I had a real good look at their motors at the Toronto Boat Show on Monday and they are sweet! I also talked to the people at Bridge Yachts in Dover and they have an open house in April that maybe you might be interested in for a Trade and have a looksy at the Suzuki's. They appeared to be good people. Just trying to help Red. Take care and enjoy your weekend- Walleyeman.

I have seen Yamaha/ Honda/ Suzuki/ and nissan-tohatsu do circles around Mercury. Mercury competes by buying out the competition not by actually making anything that will be durable. I know a guy with 1500 hours on a '14 Yamaha 70 with only oil changes and a few props( those are not the fault of the outboard). And my 2006 honda 50 hasn't let me down yet although it is getting old.

Hey Red. Go with the Suzuki my friend. Outstanding outboards and good warranties also. I had a real good look at their motors at the Toronto Boat Show on Monday and they are sweet! I also talked to the people at Bridge Yachts in Dover and they have an open house in April that maybe you might be interested in for a Trade and have a looksy at the Suzuki's. They appeared to be good people. Just trying to help Red. Take care and enjoy your weekend- Walleyeman.
Thanks for your help @walleyeman 👍 and I will accept your help at anytime & it’s very much appreciated. 👍🙂

I have seen Yamaha/ Honda/ Suzuki/ and nissan-tohatsu do circles around Mercury. Mercury competes by buying out the competition not by actually making anything that will be durable. I know a guy with 1500 hours on a '14 Yamaha 70 with only oil changes and a few props( those are not the fault of the outboard). And my 2006 honda 50 hasn't let me down yet although it is getting old.
Great information @Springbok on all of the other outboard motors that you had mentioned,and thanks for letting me know. I will definitely check out the other outboards,and thanks for your input,which is very much appreciated 👍🙂

Bridge yaught are very down to earth and easy deal with. I was quoted like $800 cheaper from a competitor in London on a 6hp Honda kicker. I would certainly consider them.

Bridge yaught are very down to earth and easy deal with. I was quoted like $800 cheaper from a competitor in London on a 6hp Honda kicker. I would certainly consider them.
Good to know @Dmanwithnoname and thanks 👍 about Bridge Yachts as @walleyeman had mentioned as well. Bridge Yachts will likely be at the London Fishing Outdoor Show ( like in previous year’s before Covid ),and this Show starts on February 23,2024,and I will talk to someone there from Bridge Yachts at the Show. 🚤🎣👍🙂

Go with the Suzuki Red. I had a DF140 on my last boat and I loved it. It never once didn’t start for me, and purred like a kitten and wasn’t hard on fuel! If I’m not happy with the motor on my new rig, I’m running straight to the Suzuki dealer and repowering with a DF75. I had to go to the US to get my current boat, and in doing so saved a pile of cash so it won’t hurt me much if I have to do so by the time I factor in trade value etc. Cant go wrong with the Suzuki.

Thanks @Puddle Jumper for the great information! 👍 I will check out Marsh Marina,to ask about their prices,also if I can trade in my 2007 90 hp Mercury outboard for a Suzuki 90 hp. I am also planning on going to @Xtreme Marine in Nilestown, & to the London Boat & Fishing & Outdoor Show,which starts on February 23,2024. There will be a lot of boat dealer’s there at the show to talk to. Congratulations as well on your 2023 Suzuki 90 hp outboard motor. I bet that you can’t wait for Spring to come quickly!! lol 😂 😉 🚤 🎣🐟👍🙂
I was at the Toronto Boat Show Thurs..OMG...amazing but you gotta have at least $50K in your pocket just to get into the game with a 16' aluminum Lund, Crestliner, Starcraft, etc. Move up to an 18,19'..$80K. Glass walkarounds...$150K....so repowing is the way to go if you're happy with the rest of your boat.

Heres a nice Yamaha that would look great on your Lund.....

Attachments

• Dave Yamaha.jpg
    Dave Yamaha.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 46
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks