Off Topic Boat launches

Alby

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Maybe if enough people sent an email off to doug ford about closing boat ramps they would reconsider like they did the playground not lilely but worth a try

Maybe if enough people sent an email off to doug ford about closing boat ramps they would reconsider like they did the playground not lilely but worth a try
Id be on board with trying
But won’t get my panties in a bunch if nothing happens
Those tyrants have an Agenda and not even the most signed petition in Canadian history could change their minds about the gun ban
I know different level of government but just sayin.

Im
Betting someone in his family or families of people close to dougie bitched him out about the play grounds.
or complained to his wife and she used her “super power of persuasion” on him

I am wondering if the non official ramps are still open along the St Clair river system
When they closed the ramps last time there were several unregistered ramps open along the St Clair River,so hoping the same holds true this time

I am wondering if the non official ramps are still open along the St Clair river system
When they closed the ramps last time there were several unregistered ramps open along the St Clair River,so hoping the same holds true this time
You can dump a boat in pretty much anywhere. Getting it back out would be the challenge

All ramps closed today as they got clarification that they have to close yesterday
The new rules came into effect today. Marinas are required to close launches. I'll plan to be out in search of somewhere to throw the boat in Tuesday....the cloing of ramps is completely uncalled for. If there's any possible way of getting my boat in the water I'll be attempting it.

Josh

The Port Rowan launch was open first thing this morning. There were about a dozen boats launched but as I was checking it out the county showed up and barricaded it.

There is different rules for stand alone ramps and marinas again just like last year. Marinas must close but stand alone ramps are allowed to be open apparently unless the municipalities choose to close them as they did in many areas last spring. Currently some municipal ramps on the DR that were closed yesterday have been re-opened today based on the clarifications. Will they stay that way, who knows?

Posted on Facebook by Big Otter Marina Sunday 18th April/2021:

Boat launch is closed until further notice. The gov’t order does not allow for ramps to be open at this time.

The Port Rowan launch was open first thing this morning. There were about a dozen boats launched but as I was checking it out the county showed up and barricaded it.
Barricaded it with big concrete blocks? Or pop sickle sticks and silly string?

If it's the former, I wonder how those who launched already are getting out. If it's the latter, it won't be up long.

Anyone know if the launch in sarnia is staying open? I know some of the launches further down the river will stay open but wondering if anyone knows first hand if I can launch in sarnia? Thanks in advance.

Barricaded it with big concrete blocks? Or pop sickle sticks and silly string?

If it's the former, I wonder how those who launched already are getting out. If it's the latter, it won't be up long.
I just went to check it out, they had some pop sickle sticks by the ramp, which were moved already so people could get their boats out

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks