Off Topic Boat launches

The new rules came into effect today. Marinas are required to close launches. I'll plan to be out in search of somewhere to throw the boat in Tuesday....the cloing of ramps is completely uncalled for. If there's any possible way of getting my boat in the water I'll be attempting it.

Josh

You have a 14 footer no? I bent up some conduit as bunks and covered it in pool noodle, I then attached them to an old kiddy bicycle trailer, one ratchet strap and I had myself a boat dolly. Beat a lot of corona launch locations by wheeling my rig right past the closed ramp, onto the grass and down into the water. Problem solved. Didn't get much fishing in on the big boat though!

You have a 14 footer no? I bent up some conduit as bunks and covered it in pool noodle, I then attached them to an old kiddy bicycle trailer, one ratchet strap and I had myself a boat dolly. Beat a lot of corona launch locations by wheeling my rig right past the closed ramp, onto the grass and down into the water. Problem solved. Didn't get much fishing in on the big boat though!
Yeah, I've got options 😉 and plenty of motivation! Lol! My 14' is a little big and heavy loaded up but I'll make do....I've got plenty of other watercraft too. The Jon boat and whitewater rafts may see more action than usual this year. Got a feeling these lockdowns are nowhere near finished 😒

Yeah, I've got options 😉 and plenty of motivation! Lol! My 14' is a little big and heavy loaded up but I'll make do....I've got plenty of other watercraft too. The Jon boat and whitewater rafts may see more action than usual this year. Got a feeling these lockdowns are nowhere near finished 😒
Unfortunately Josh I believe you are correct
It will be longer and longer lockdown and more frequently, but keep trying to put that square peg in the round hole , and no I don't have a solution and not an expert, supposedly all the talking heads in government and medical field are , but I don't see any fresh voices the good old club want to hear about and consider different approach

No, I think everything should be wide open at this point with better ways of protecting the vulnerable population and cutting off international travellers. Just saying, Toronto abd surrounding area is and has been the biggest problem since this shit show began...

Josh

No, I think everything should be wide open at this point with better ways of protecting the vulnerable population and cutting off international travellers. Just saying, Toronto abd surrounding area is and has been the biggest problem since this shit show began...

Josh
I keep saying that, ALL air travel should have been grounded a year ago, except cargo, we wouldn't be in this mess now.

Where is the OFAH in all of this? All they've posted is that the new restrictions are in place. No mention of fighting it.

From OFAH:

RECREATIONAL BOATING

As of April 17th, 2021, marinas cannot be used for recreational boating purposes except: “repairing or servicing boats or other watercraft; placing boats or other watercraft in the water to be secured to a dock until the marina is open to the public; and any other services that may be required to enable individuals to access their place of residence or their other property, support government operations or services, or support the transportation of items by commercial barges.

April 12, the overnight Air India Flight 187 from Delhi touched down in Toronto with an unspecified number of COVID-19 positive passengers aboard.

All we know from the public data is that passengers in rows 1-4, 25-31, 34–40, and 45–51 were warned that they had been exposed to COVID by a neighbouring passenger on the flight.

BUT don't go out in the middle of the lake and fish !

April 12, the overnight Air India Flight 187 from Delhi touched down in Toronto with an unspecified number of COVID-19 positive passengers aboard.

All we know from the public data is that passengers in rows 1-4, 25-31, 34–40, and 45–51 were warned that they had been exposed to COVID by a neighbouring passenger on the flight.

BUT don't go out in the middle of the lake and fish !
What’s even worse is they don’t even want us to leave our homes! Let alone be alone in the middle of the lake.
Yet people flying in from other countries testing positive for covid

They sure did. This is what happens when you keep the pressure on. A year into this there shouldn’t be outrageous restriction on outdoor activity. Inside I can understand as it seems to be the way it’s passing around but the majority of medical experts seem to think the outdoors is pretty safe, how do you argue with that.

Attachments

• C87D41A5-655B-48DD-9170-A1A626BD9AD6.png
    C87D41A5-655B-48DD-9170-A1A626BD9AD6.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 82
Anyone know if the launch in sarnia is staying open? I know some of the launches further down the river will stay open but wondering if anyone knows first hand if I can launch in sarnia? Thanks in advance.
Just called Sarnia Bay she said they are open but you can 't tie up.

Simcoe news , search, myfm local headlines to read the article View attachment 40697
Ramps are open all over the place including municipally owned ramps in Belle River, Lighthouse Cove, Sarnia, Lasalle, etc. where the marina docks are closed but their launch ramps themselves are open. The Provincial government forced the marinas to close but the ramps are allowed to be open just like last year. Once again, Haldimand-Norfolk and a few other counties have chosen to keep theirs closed so they are the ones to go after not Ford. As before however, they will never admit that it's their decision to close them and will pass the buck so just be thankful we can go fish in other counties. I feel sorry for our local guys and hope someone here comes to their senses before any more needless losses.

Ramps are open all over the place including municipally owned ramps in Belle River, Lighthouse Cove, Sarnia, Lasalle, etc. where the marina docks are closed but their launch ramps themselves are open. The Provincial government forced the marinas to close but the ramps are allowed to be open just like last year. Once again, Haldimand-Norfolk and a few other counties have chosen to keep theirs closed so they are the ones to go after not Ford. As before however, they will never admit that it's their decision to close them and will pass the buck so just be thankful we can go fish in other counties. I feel sorry for our local guys and hope someone here comes to their senses before any more needless losses.
I asked old cut livery if they are opening back up
Their response is they are not allowed due to provincial restrictions... sounds like they want to be open as their response was they will be first to open when they are allowed to be.
Just they don’t believe they are allowed to have the ramp open and don’t want the fine.

Just they don’t believe they are allowed to have the ramp open and don’t want the fine.

They aren’t. The order is very specific. It is BS, but it is VERY specific to Marinas. They could easily do contactless launching and be the same as everywhere else. That said, if we complain about the disparity they’ll modify the order to explicitly name public ramps and then screw us all.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks