Bay temperature

scribe

I was out doing a little pike fishing tonight in front of Port Rowan and noticed the temperature readout on my sonar read 69˚, which seemed warm in the Inner Bay for late May. Is anyone else noticing this or is my gauge off?

One good thing about the water being so warm is the fish should be spawned out before the fishing pressure hits them the end of June .
Here’s hoping that could be true @dogfarmer that the smallmouth bass,(I think that you are referring to),should be spawned out by the end of June,and here’s hoping that it will be the case!! 🚤🎣😉👍🙂

One good thing about the water being so warm is the fish should be spawned out before the fishing pressure hits them the end of June .
I was out in the inner bay and in 9 FOW, there were a lot of smallmouth cruising around. Didn't see any sitting on nests yet.

I was out in the inner bay and in 9 FOW, there were a lot of smallmouth cruising around. Didn't see any sitting on nests yet.
Could be females. Nests will be in 3fow or less.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks