Off Topic 8/23/2022

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anybody else planning a trip out on Tuesday?

Yes myself and another buddy (2 boats) are planning to head out of burwell for the first time this year. We were busy chasing salmon on Lake O that's our excuse. Really excited to hopefully fill the cooler hope the storms haven't turned them off tbd

@scrimmy... Wayne SailFlow, WF and Windy all forecasting great days for Thursday through the weekend but strong NE wind of 17 kph gusting to 30 kph for Tuesday. That will make a nasty ride back to port. I don't have the sea legs of @tailfeathers so I'm planning for Wednesday and Friday myself. LOL!

Sorry I meant to say NW wind not NE. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am heading out of Glasgow tomorrow afternoon. I don't see the same weather reports as Wave Runner sees however. If its rough I don't go.

@scrimmy... Wayne SailFlow, WF and Windy all forecasting great days for Thursday through the weekend but strong NE wind of 17 kph gusting to 30 kph for Tuesday. That will make a nasty ride back to port. I don't have the sea legs of @tailfeathers so I'm planning for Wednesday and Friday myself. LOL!
I have 8 charters booked this week 1 for tomorrow 2 wed 2 thurs 1 fri 1 sat hope the weather holds.

I booked off Wednesday and Thursday they both look like light wind days
Hopefully that holds up 🤞

When I checked it says 9 mph NNW at 8:00 am and 8 mph SW at 2:00 PM.
Hmmm... what site is saying that Wayne? The ball with NW 17km/h on Windy is right in the general area where you will be fishing off Glasgow but the gusts are 27km/h. All 3 sites I trust are saying the exact same forecast.

Screenshot (64) (1280x720).jpgScreenshot (63) (1280x720) (1280x720).jpgScreenshot (65) (1280x720).jpg

I use Windfinder Bob but it is changing every hour. It has gone up then down then back up. I also use Great lakes Marine weather and they are calling for waves less than .5 meters for Tuesday. I will check again later tonight and then decide if I go or don't go.

I use Windfinder Bob but it is changing every hour. It has gone up then down then back up. I also use Great lakes Marine weather and they are calling for waves less than .5 meters for Tuesday. I will check again later tonight and then decide if I go or don't go.
All I know is for me when those 3 sites say the same thing I pay attention and to date I haven't had any regrets. :)

It’s all minute by minute gentlemen, throw the forecast out. Eyes on the lake is the only reliable forecast, too much heat coming off the lake .

good discussion . Todays wind is from the north so there shouldn't be any residual waves to deal with and tues morning looks NNW . I like windfinder will have to wait for the 7 pm update

Now it says at 8:00 AM wind 8 mph gusts to 10 mph and at 11:00 AM winds 7 mph with gusts to 8 mph. If it stays like this I will be out as I will most likely be back in port by 11:00 AM

I will check the conditions in the morning as well. I am planning on being on the water around 4:30pm. Not sure if I am going out of Burwell or Glasgow. Tailfeathers did well in Burwell today in 56-58fow. Shorter drive for me to Burwell by about 30 minutes.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks