Search results

1. R

Perch?

Might be a long shot here but would anyone care to suggest where some perch might be for tomorrow out of long point?
  2. R

Maybe dumb question ?

Was out near light house this aft between tip and gravel bay... I trolled anywhere from 2 to 3 mph and everything in between and I could not go more then 5 minutes without either a sheep head or silver bass... I tried everything to avoid the constant reeling... I did manage 2 nice pics but after...
  3. R

Kicker question

I have a 1997 Honda 8hp kicker on an 18 foot aluminum fishing boat....my question is how do you all support your kickers when underway? It has no power tilt etc just a lock when u tilt it up etc? I’m concerned about the brutal Erie chop and the pounding it dishes out, does anyone use some sort...
  4. R

Burwell tomorrow

Have to ask anyone heading out early am
  5. R

Trolling motor batterie

Hi guys.... before I ask... I’ve read all the previous posts about options for trolling motor batteries however nothing recent and I’m looking for all the help I can get. Currently I have a 24 volt set up, batteries are 115 ah with 180 reserve... First question... is the above batteries...
  6. R

Need help with chamberlains

I’ve read the previous posts about the adjustments needed in these things and I think I’m getting better BUT I still manage to either have the rod strike at times even with the vertical adjustment tight all the way and I’ve still dragged a fish or two? Can someone explain the idea of the line...
  7. R

Fishing Report Light house

Managed to get out between light house and gravely bay tonight ... east wind proved bumpy with some real rollers... only stayed 1.5 hrs and got 4 keepers in the box with. A few more lost in the waves. 5 colour lead, dipsy out 120 on 3 and rigger down 30 feet.... all caught in the 45-65 feet range
  8. R

Help!!!! Pls

Help!!! Out at light house trying for anything and no luck ....any suggestions would be a life saver
  9. R

Perching in burwell

Heading out Saturday hoping for perch... never been able to get out this early in the season... any xchance I can get some suggestions on depth this time of year... I know the usual spots but I'm kind of at a loss as to what depth to start at?
  10. R

Anyone burwell bound sat?

with the weather forecast is anyone heading to burwell Saturday am?
  11. R

Wind direction and speed

hey guys just looking towards the weekend at burwell.. Saturday morning calling for 30 kph winds from east with gusts at 50.... Will this make the lake fish able? I appreciate that until Saturday morning its impossible to know for sure, I also appreciate that size of boat also maters,
  12. R

Bay conditions

Can anyone advise if there is any ice in the bay, looking to head to the unit to shoot some outside points on Monday...
  13. R

Burwell perch

just wanted to share perch report for Saturday at burwell... Made the run to Hastings and was amongest a few dozen... Didn't get into any real numbers so tried Sandhills... Not as good as it's been but ended with 90.... 50 fow
  14. R

Minnows at bradfields

Can anyone confirm that minnows will be available for this Saturday at bradfields... Thanks guys
  15. R

Port burwell channel

Hey guys just wondering how the water level is when launching burwell... Is there a channel marked or just stay in the middle and your safe? Any dangers getting out from the launch to the perch ?
  16. R

Perch in the inner bay

Hi guys... Looking to hopefully get into some perch this weekend and was hoping to stick to the inner bay, any updates throughout the week would be helpful, my luck thus far has proven to be non existent and would like to get something in my live well
  17. R

Bluffs bar

Looking to head out to bluffs bar tomorrow... Never been past pottawhawk... How much further is it and is there a channel to look for etc.. What r u using for pike this time of year? Spoons, body baits??? Any help would be appreciated...
  18. R

Minnows

Looking to see where you guys grab your minnows this time of year in the port rowan area? Also if you have some leftover do u bother sakting them? Dies salted minnows work in a pinch?
  19. R

Need to launch boat port rowan...

Can anyone let me know if the inner bay, if launching from port rowan is clear to test out a new boat this weekend... New to the inner bay and not familiar with ice/hazards in the bay... Thanks!
  20. R

New to Erie, spring perch / pike

Hi guys, new to fishing in lake erie, launching from Old Cut...while I appreciate everyone has their "spots" that may not be shared with all, can anyone give me some ideas of where to go for spring perch / pike fishing....looking for some general areas to head out to with a new boat....
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks